• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Game of Thrones & A Song of Ice and Fire General Discussion

From what I've heard, you can only upscale jump to another tier if the AP is insanely close to it by 1.3x
More like 1.2x, although that isn’t an official metric.
Is Undead Gregor's scale long enough to have a "possibly 9-A" or "possibly higher"?
Nah, Euron’s calc is 1.66x away from baseline 9-A, that’s way too far to upscale.

Here are all the justifications for 9-C scaling/upscaling/downscaling for almost all ASOIAF characters that have a profile on this wiki part I (the justifications will be a little more detailed for certain characters when I edit the profiles)

• Barristan Selmy: Killed Maelys Blackfyre in single combat (Selmy downscale from Maelys). He is described by GRRM as one of the greatest active swordsmen and jousters in Westeros, and was the finest sword in the Seven Kingdoms in his youth.
  • Arthur Dayne: According to GRRM, Prime Barristan Selmy = Arthur Dayne in a fight with regular weapons, and according to Jaime, Arthur would be stronger than him (Arthur scale above Barristan and Jaime)
  • Robert Baratheon: We said his strength was fabled and he was strong as a bull, and Jaime said he was stronger than him. Could fight one-handed with a warhammer that Ned could barely lift, and GRRM said only characters with freakish strength can lift Robert's warhammer. Easily one of the strongest characters in Westeros (Robert scale above Arthur)
  • Rhaegar Targaryen: Can fight in single combat with Robert and seriously injure him (Rhaegar downscale from Robert)
  • Brienne Tarth: Is stronger than Jaime Lannister. Is described as freakish strong. And one of the strongest characters in Westeros and one of the best fighters (scale above Jaime Lannister, possibly above Arthur Dayne too)
  • Loras Tyrell: He is described by GRRM as one of the greatest active swordsmen and jousters in Westeros, and can fight with Brienne (downscale from Brienne)
  • Garlan Tyrell: Loras said that Garlan is better than him at swordsmanship, GRRM also said the same thing. Garlan is described similar in appearance to Loras Tyrell but taller and more broadly built (scale possibly above Loras)
  • Sandor Clegane: Is one of the strongest men in Westeros. Jaime said he's stronger than him. He is described by GRRM as one of the greatest active swordsmen and jousters in Westeros, many times. Some characters also say he is extremely dangerous and deadly with a sword (scale above Jaime)
  • Gregor Clegane; Without a doubt the strongest man in Westeros. He is described by GRRM as one of the greatest active swordsmen and jousters in Westeros. (scale above all human fighters, knights and warriors in Westeros)
  • Greatjon Umber: Is one of the strongest men in Westeros. Jaime said he's stronger than him (scale above Jaime, and possibly above all other human warriors in Westeros except Gregor Clegane)
  • Jaime Lannister: He is described by GRRM as one of the greatest active swordsmen and jousters in Westeros. GRRM also said that Jaime was one of the greatest swordsmen in Westeros history and the best at the start of the books. Brienne also said that no knight of the Seven Kingdoms can beat a Jaime Lannister at his prime. Eddard Stark once said that Jaime Lannister was more dangerous than Sandor Clegane. Barristan once said that Tumco Lho was the best natural swordsman he's seen since Jaime Lannister because he was very fast and strong. Jaime once said he was stronger than Loras at the same age. He also said he can beat the brothers Clegane and Greatjon Umber with speed and skill. (scale and scale above almost warrior in Westeros except Robert Baratheon, Arthur Dayne, Greatjon Umber, Gregor and Sandor Clegane and Brienne Tarth)
  • Eddard Stark: Fought Arthur Dayne, Gerold Hightower and Oswell Whent alongside six other friends (downscale Arthur)
  • Yohn Royce: Already defeated Ned and Rodrik Cassel in a sparring (scale or scale above Ned), and Thoros during a melee.
  • Thoros of Myr: Already fought Sandor Clegane and Yohn Royce during melee (downscale from Sandor Clegane and scale to Yohn Royce)
  • Oberyn Martell: Fought Gregor Clegane and defeated him
  • Jon Snow: Already fought Qhorin Halfhand, one of the best, if not the best, Night's Watch fighter and Mance Rayder, who can fight with a greatsword. Was trained in combat by Rodrik Cassel, and is better than Robb at swordsmanship (downscale from Qhorin, Mance and possibly Robb)
  • Robb Stark: Is better than Jon at spear and is described as as strong and fast as Jon is graceful and quick, and he is more muscular than him
  • Theon Greyjoy: Trained several times with Robb and Jon
  • Beric Dondarrion: Fought Sandor Clegane (downscale from Sandor)

More like 1.2x, although that isn’t an official metric.

Nah, Euron’s calc is 1.66x away from baseline 9-A, that’s way too far to upscale.
I know, I was wondering if with Undead Gregor's scaling, since he is far stronger than Euron, he could just have a possibly, not upscale him straight to the next tier. This was what i meant:
"At least 9-B+, possibly 9-A" or "At least 9-B+, possibly higher"

Here are all the justifications for 9-C scaling/upscaling/downscaling for almost all ASOIAF characters that have a profile on this wiki part I (the justifications will be a little more detailed for certain characters when I edit the profiles)

• Barristan Selmy: Killed Maelys Blackfyre in single combat (Selmy downscale from Maelys). He is described by GRRM as one of the greatest active swordsmen and jousters in Westeros, and was the finest sword in the Seven Kingdoms in his youth.
  • Arthur Dayne: According to GRRM, Prime Barristan Selmy = Arthur Dayne in a fight with regular weapons, and according to Jaime, Arthur would be stronger than him (Arthur scale above Barristan and Jaime)
  • Robert Baratheon: We said his strength was fabled and he was strong as a bull, and Jaime said he was stronger than him. Could fight one-handed with a warhammer that Ned could barely lift, and GRRM said only characters with freakish strength can lift Robert's warhammer. Easily one of the strongest characters in Westeros (Robert scale above Arthur)
  • Rhaegar Targaryen: Can fight in single combat with Robert and seriously injure him (Rhaegar downscale from Robert)
  • Brienne Tarth: Is stronger than Jaime Lannister. Is described as freakish strong. And one of the strongest characters in Westeros and one of the best fighters (scale above Jaime Lannister, possibly above Arthur Dayne too)
  • Loras Tyrell: He is described by GRRM as one of the greatest active swordsmen and jousters in Westeros, and can fight with Brienne (downscale from Brienne)
  • Garlan Tyrell: Loras said that Garlan is better than him at swordsmanship, GRRM also said the same thing. Garlan is described similar in appearance to Loras Tyrell but taller and more broadly built (scale possibly above Loras)
  • Sandor Clegane: Is one of the strongest men in Westeros. Jaime said he's stronger than him. He is described by GRRM as one of the greatest active swordsmen and jousters in Westeros, many times. Some characters also say he is extremely dangerous and deadly with a sword (scale above Jaime)
  • Gregor Clegane; Without a doubt the strongest man in Westeros. He is described by GRRM as one of the greatest active swordsmen and jousters in Westeros. (scale above all human fighters, knights and warriors in Westeros)
  • Greatjon Umber: Is one of the strongest men in Westeros. Jaime said he's stronger than him (scale above Jaime, and possibly above all other human warriors in Westeros except Gregor Clegane)
  • Jaime Lannister: He is described by GRRM as one of the greatest active swordsmen and jousters in Westeros. GRRM also said that Jaime was one of the greatest swordsmen in Westeros history and the best at the start of the books. Brienne also said that no knight of the Seven Kingdoms can beat a Jaime Lannister at his prime. Eddard Stark once said that Jaime Lannister was more dangerous than Sandor Clegane. Barristan once said that Tumco Lho was the best natural swordsman he's seen since Jaime Lannister because he was very fast and strong. Jaime once said he was stronger than Loras at the same age. He also said he can beat the brothers Clegane and Greatjon Umber with speed and skill. (scale and scale above almost warrior in Westeros except Robert Baratheon, Arthur Dayne, Greatjon Umber, Gregor and Sandor Clegane and Brienne Tarth)
  • Eddard Stark: Fought Arthur Dayne, Gerold Hightower and Oswell Whent alongside six other friends (downscale Arthur)
  • Yohn Royce: Already defeated Ned and Rodrik Cassel in a sparring (scale or scale above Ned), and Thoros during a melee.
  • Thoros of Myr: Already fought Sandor Clegane and Yohn Royce during melee (downscale from Sandor Clegane and scale to Yohn Royce)
  • Oberyn Martell: Fought Gregor Clegane and defeated him
  • Jon Snow: Already fought Qhorin Halfhand, one of the best, if not the best, Night's Watch fighter and Mance Rayder, who can fight with a greatsword. Was trained in combat by Rodrik Cassel, and is better than Robb at swordsmanship (downscale from Qhorin, Mance and possibly Robb)
  • Robb Stark: Is better than Jon at spear and is described as as strong and fast as Jon is graceful and quick, and he is more muscular than him
  • Theon Greyjoy: Trained several times with Robb and Jon
  • Beric Dondarrion: Fought Sandor Clegane (downscale from Sandor)
I'll name the other characters later.

I know, I was wondering if with Undead Gregor's scaling, since he is far stronger than Euron, he could just have a possibly, not upscale him straight to the next tier. This was what i meant:
"At least 9-B+, possibly 9-A" or "At least 9-B+, possibly higher"
No, I get what you meant, we can’t even possibly upscale because the difference is so high.

Giving him a ‘possibly higher’ should be fine though.

I'm making a Skill Blog of the characters, this is what I have so far
If someone wants to add more scans or new characters, feel free to do it. I'm going to do the Dothraki and Khal Drogo later when I have the time since I'm very busy at the moment

And for the Night King? Since he has Class K due to being unaffected by Drogon's fire breath, which had been calculated at that level before but now with this new calc it should be upgraded to Class M

Should the Three-Eyed Raven have Self-Sustenance (Type 2) since he was immobile in a tree for thousands of years?

In this VFX video Vhagar is stated to be 150 meters long, which I think is very low since she would only be less than twice the size of Drogon (84.792 meters), and that would make Caraxes, who is stated to be half the size of Vhagar, smaller than Drogon at 75 meters. At the beginning of the video, they say that Vhagar is many times bigger than Drogon, so using a lowball of ×3 she would be 254.376 meters long, which is close to Balerion's size at 337.447 meters. Thoughts?

In this VFX video Vhagar is stated to be 150 meters long, which I think is very low since she would only be less than twice the size of Drogon (84.792 meters), and that would make Caraxes, who is stated to be half the size of Vhagar, smaller than Drogon at 75 meters. At the beginning of the video, they say that Vhagar is many times bigger than Drogon, so using a lowball of ×3 she would be 254.376 meters long, which is close to Balerion's size at 337.447 meters. Thoughts?
Less than twice would still be quite a bit larger than Drogon, so I personally don’t see the issue with the 150 meters length.

Also on the topic of Vhagar, I hope the rumor that HotD will include all eras of the Targaryen dynasty is true, because I would love to see a show about Aegon’s conquest.

Less than twice would still be quite a bit larger than Drogon, so I personally don’t see the issue with the 150 meters length.
If that's the case, Vhagar's GPE would put her at baseline High 8-C+
Also on the topic of Vhagar, I hope the rumor that HotD will include all eras of the Targaryen dynasty is true, because I would love to see a show about Aegon’s conquest.
Yeah, that would be amazing

So far I think the profiles would be like this:
Criston Cole
Attack Potency: Street level+
(Matched blows with Daemon Targaryen and destroyed his shield. Broke Joffrey's arm and crushed his skull)
Durability: Street level+ (Survived after being rammed by a wild boar without noticeable damage. Withstood blows from Harwin Strong)

Daemon Targaryen
Attack Potency: Street level+
(Matched blows with Criston Cole), at least Wall level+ with Black Sister

Harwin Strong
Attack Potency:
At least Street level+ (Easily overpowered Criston Cole)
I don't know if conventional weapons of HotD would be 9-B+ like in GoT

I don't know if conventional weapons of HotD would be 9-B+ like in GoT
HotD does predate GoT by several decades, so I don’t know if we can assume that their weapons are exactly the same. Valyrian steel weapons like Dark Sister should be fine though.

Also breaking arms aren’t always 9-C+, I would just leave it as 9-C.

Back