• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Galactus Respect / Revision Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew_Schroeder

VS Battles
Retired
Introductio

So, Galactus' profile is pretty bare and incomplete, I'd say.

I think we should fix this. So I'm going to be sharing a whole collection of very impressive Galactus feats.

Please note that this is not a thread about Lifebringer Galactus or upgrading Galactus to High 1-B, and I would appreciate we not derail this thread with discussions on weather or not Marvel Abstracts should be upgraded to the high-heavens.

So, let's begin:

Origi
Galactus is a being who predates the Big Bang and the current iteration of the Marvel Cosmos. He was once a scientist named Galan from the world of Taa, one of the last remaining worlds in that version of the Universe. Decay and radiation spread throughout the cosmos, and all matter was being pulled and accumulating in a single spot. Essentially, it was the Big Crunch. Galan tried to find a way to save his people, but failed. The few survivors of the planet decided to meet their end with proud, and entered a starship and sailed towards the cosmic cauldron where all matter was being plunged into. Everyone died, safe Galan.

There, the dying sentience of the universe speaks with Galan, and declares that he will be the heir of that iteration of the cosmos. The essence of that universe and Galan merge, and as the cosmic cauldron transforms into a cosmic egg, which then hatches unleashing a new Big Bang, Galactus is born.

Handbooks
In case anyone is curious, here are a collection of a bunch of Galactus handbook info:

Importance / Nature / Abstract
Okay, now let's get into the Respect Thread proper. Firstly, I will focus on Galactus' importance as a cosmic / abstract being, and how he is not merely an Eater of Worlds but an integral part of reality, which cannot properly function without him.

Hunger
Galactus requires an unknown energy source to sustain himself. Said energy is only available in certain types of planets, which do not necessarily have to hold life to be suitable. When Galactus is at satiated, he is at full-power, but the longer he goes without food, the more his strength diminushed. If he goes for more than a month without absorbing food from a planet, his powers decrease exponentially.

So here I am going to show you some information about Galactus' hunger (Some of this will be important for later):

Regenerationn
Fitting for a cosmic entity necessary for the functionality of the universe, Galactus doesn't go down easy:

Absorption
As we all know, Galactus can absorb Cosmic Energy from planets, stars, etc. So I will show some examples:

Raw Strength & Durability
Galactus is as incredibly powerful character, being by far one of Marvel's strongest villains. For now, I will show some examples of his destructive capacity as well as his resileance:

Odin charges at Galactus and headbutts him with all his strength. Both warriors fall to Earth, but Galactus quickly heals and gets up while Odin falls to the Odinsleep (Also, Galactus wasn't at full power in this story. He was searching for a seed that he believes could sate his hunger)

Speed
Galactus is an incredibly fast character, as befitting of a Comicbook cosmic character. Obviously, all of the speed feats performed by Silver Surfer and his Heralds scale to him, as they can only perform such feats due to containing a fraction of Galactus' Power Cosmic. However, the Destroyer of World has some speed feats of his own:

Power Cosmic
Galactus wields the full might of the Power Cosmic, the energy he obtained after merging with the previous iteration of Eternity. All of Galactus' Heralds are imbued with a fraction of the Power Cosmic, and though they are capable of incredible feats, all of their powers pale before Galactus' in both potency and scope. So let's show some of the miscelaneous things he can do:

Matter Manipulation:

Telekinesis & Teleportation:

Telepathy:

Cosmic Awareness:

Shapeshifting:

Force-Fields:

Miscellaneous:

Battles
Here I will post some of Galactus' notable battles, but instead of simply sharing their outcome or the feats they contain, I will post them in their entirety:

Technologies
Before becoming the Eater of Worlds, Galactus was the brilliant scientist Galan. When he became one with the sentience of his universe and transformed himself into a Cosmic Entity, his power wasn't the only thing that grew. Galan's intellect was likewise raised to cosmic levels. The following are some of the technological creations of Galactus:

The Ultimate Nullifier
The Ultimate Nullifier is Galactus' most powerful weapon by far. It is, as the name implies, an ultimate tool of nullification, capable of erasing effectively anything from existence on an absolute level. Let's see:

Gah-Lak-Tus
The Galactus equivalent of the Marvel Ultimate Universe, which has very little to do with the real Galactus, being a gigantic robotic fleet with a highly advanced hive-mind which annihilates civilizations and dries planets of their resources. It also has a rather silly name. Regardless, it has some very impressive feats, and as it merged with the Rarth-616 Galactus during Cataclysm, it is important to cover its feats:

Matt with Legit Respect thread again ƒæî. In all seriousness, i would thank you for making such long repect threads to help bring clarity to profiles here

Promestein said:
Nice job on all of this. This is great.
Thanks!

Although I have a test to do tomorrow afternoon so I will only be able to continue this tomorrow night.

Well, it's already an impressive amount of information and incredible feats, so I'm eager to see what the rest will turn up.

Remember when Thanos tried to literally mindfuck Galactus, and with tentacles even? I do but I wish I didn't.

Oh god I know enough hentai to know where that's going.

In all seriousness very detailed and very awesome job done here man. A big respect thread for a big guy. Also gl on your test

I think that the opening post seems fine so far.

Wow, just how much important information is missing from his profile!

Most of this seems fine, although I should mention that as far as I remember, during Annihilation he was shown to absorb the energy siphoned from planets into containers before unleashing the multi-solar-system spanning blast.

So is there a general estimation for what Galactus's tiering will be based on all of this?

Also, the scans involving his fights with Odin, Tyrant, and Mephisto look very needed to add onto the relevant characters pages for proper justification once this is all over.

Antvasima said:
Most of this seems fine, although I should mention that as far as I remember, during Annihilation he was shown to absorb the energy siphoned from planets into containers before unleashing the solar-system spanning blast.
I didn't see that happen but ok.

He was surrounded by the containers with energy swirling around him before unleashing the blast, as far as I remember.

Yes, but it seems to be a common misunderstanding that Galactus was near death when unleashing the blast.

Well, he seemed to absorb energy from them, as there is no good reason for them to swirl around him othervise. He was also shown to look like usual afterwards, not in his previous emaciated state.

Yes. Agreed.

Also, I accidentally used the word emancipated instead of emaciated. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back