• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Galactus Respect / Revision Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
4-A at the time. However, when he was truly near death he was knocked out by the Thing and Mister Fantastic.

No, he unleashed an omnidirectional blast that destroyed at least 3 solar systems, so 4-A.

On the other hand, the Thing is just 5-B, and knocked out Galactus when he was truly near death.

@Js: The fact I can't get a proper straightforward answer is why I like to know what we should rate him as but can't...

Well, "the galaxy swept clean" most likely refers to getting rid of the Annihilation wave.

Being knocked out by the Thing happened in Galactus most defining storyline, by John Byrne, so it is hard to dismiss.

I also think that it is good with an absolute low point in his statistics, to showcase that they traditionally differed a lot between dying of starvation and fully sated.

"At least 4-A" sounds good for weakened Galactus.

If Galactus was near-death and heavily weakened, not just starving, I don't see the point of having a 5-B key. We don't have a key for most characters when they're super weakened and on death's door in this one storyline.

the problem with the 5-B key is apparently the fact Dr. strange aided to weaken galactus to that level, given that he is currently ranked as 2-C most people won't see it as an example of galactus being that weak under normal circumstances.

Well, I just thought that it was the best gauge we have of how weakened that he can get.

I am fine with "At least 4-A" for regular weakened Galactus though. I just thought that a near-death rating would be useful as well.

I understood a really low end for Galactus like that, but...the others do have a point regarding that and how we could just get rid of it(?) and have the weakened Galactus as his low end instead.

Even if he wasn't, there is the fact he's superior to his Heralds and others that can fight them such as Thor so there's that too I guess.

Unless certain extreme circumstances that in my personal opinion don't deserve their own key, isn't Galactus like always supposed to be superior to Silver Surfer and his other heralds? The Planet level rating has seemed odd to me for a while now.

Even besides that, these feats seem fine enough for an upgrade as most appear to agree upon. Good job finding and collecting them, Matt.

@Ryu: He should be considering Surfer and other Heralds wield only a frac of Galactus full power of the Cosmic...something. And we know how that turns out for all Heralds so...yeah?

Also I doubt his heralds would bother obeying him like slaves if there were occasional points where they could one shot him with their pinky finger. However either way I think an upgrade is warranted.

Okay. I suppose that we can get rid of the 5-B rating then.

If we are already using At least 4-A rating for his "weakened" key, then we don't need a 5-B rating imo.

I don't want to see Galactus with a 4-A key because he'll be put up against the Empra and I don't want to see Galactus with a loss.

High 1-B seems too high for the Gauntlet, given that it can only affect a single universe at a time.

I am fine with "At least 2-A" for both of them though.

The Gauntlet once reflected the Ultimate Nullifier. However, the Nullifier was shown to have sufficient power to repair Multi-Eternity in a much later storyline, and the Gauntlet was later repeatedly stated to only be able to affect a single universe at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back