• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Galactus downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hungry Galactus is regularly portrayed as comparable or superior to his heralds and characters of the same level (Thor) depending on the storyline. It also has a lot of feats at this level (4-B):

If Galactus enters a black hole, the black hole is destroyed (Dazzler Vol. 1 #10)

Shields Dazzler with a layer of cosmic energy so she can enter a black hole (Dazzler vol. #10)

His mere presence causes two stars to explode (Nova Vol. 4 #13)

Silver Surfer puts him inside a star, and there Galactus eats 1 billion years worth of the Star's energy. (Silver surfer vol. 6 #1)

The Annihilation feat should count for moderately fed Galactus as it absorbed the energy Thanos was collecting.

Thanos collecting energy: https://2.bp.blogspot.com/rY_Kbxwbp..._tFZkYUplNZPW17LsJxVRSjLb5OGeA9XmlMyoS8=s1600 https://2.bp.blogspot.com/Y4_p1a4-D...2POb8xbv3EAE4jQYma5VfENWmw6LoA36pKIWi8F=s1600 https://2.bp.blogspot.com/mUHEGd0Yf..._OEjTXFkmRkaZMfCr0ItoMbcZYjBR73Rbp7ezmR=s1600

Galactus feeds before the energy expansion: https://2.bp.blogspot.com/nbTkNZg78...KV6Gdb1JGivi2pLAbmVJ9lDotmRn5RGnPPLi0fK=s1600

4-B Poorly Fed Galactus is consistent with the power comparison with Phoenix Jean Grey or Thor damaging him.

PD: Sorry for my bad english

Phoenix Jean Grey should actually be a lot higher than she is right now, so that doesn't really affect Poorly Fed Galactus, but other than that little nitpick, I think this is fine.

Seems logical, in my opinion, though there are some feats for a poorly fed Galactus in the new Doctor Strange series I reckon, so I'll look through it so as to leave no stones unturned

Well, I didn't find any feats for him other than him being stated to be superior to Strange (Which doesn't mean much), but there are some interesting things I did find.

For context, Galactus is stated to be the universal embodiment of the scientific realm in the comic (aka normal cosmic Marvel), and is BFR'd to the Mystic Realm in some weirdly complicated plan by Mephisto (who didn't directly participate, just puppet-mastered it)

Weakness: Galactus will be driven to insanity akin an addiction if he consumes too much mystical energy as theorized by Strange

Death Manipulation: If Galactus dies in a realm outside of his own, it can be the cause of universal extinctio as stated by Uatu

Reality Warping: If Galactus absorbs an extremely high amount of mystical energy, he blurs the line between Science and Magic leading to all sorts of wacky, tacky stuff. Note that this is Galactus under the possession of Dormammu, and fully fed. As such, it is extremely OOC for him to do this I reckon.

Minor supporting feat for Living Tribunal I found in it, he bestows his power to Strange when the entirety of the Marvel Universe is erased by a highly amped Galactus along with himself, as such, Strange is designated to rebuilt the entirety of it exactly the same from scratch

Makes sense. I've always understood the Power Cosmic to be the Big Bang itself, Embodiment of Creation personified if you will

Matt should be the one leaving an opinion here as he made the CRT to upgrade him.

That said I agree with 4-B Poorly Fed Galactus due to Marvel's inconsistency and personally think the upgrade end up being a mistake I myself would have committed.

I thought of something like justification:

Attack Potency: Solar System level (One-shot Silver Surfer and is much stronger than Thor. If hungry Galactus enters a black hole, the black hole is destroyed. His mere presence causes two stars to disappear)

I would also like to add that some time ago I read all the Silver Surfer comics and there are dozens of quite interesting 4-B feats. My problem: don't know how to communicate in English fluently. I was wondering if there is a member who can speak in Spanish to talk with him.

Eficiente said:
I would say that the supernova isn't even touching him due to intangibility or something, he looks like a ghost there.
Well, nothing is said about it, it is probably a drawing effect

Thank you for helping out with input everybody.

If people find the time, I'd prefer if they'd quickly look throught the scans provided by me in the thread (They're what this current message is replying to) as they'd list some simple abilities I found in the new Mark Waid run of Doctor Strange for Galactus, as well as general scans for helping

• Weakness looks fine
  • I disagree with Death Manipulation for the listed reasons. Galactus has been slain in dozens of known other universes and even been killed in the 616 universe before. Considering the Watcher only says that its a possibility and not a certainty, I think its just to heavily contradicted to accept.
  • Reality warping is fine I guess, but for this scale it seems like he needs an outside source of power to achieve it. So I don't think its usable really.

Well, the point is Galactus being killed outside of realm would destroy the 616 universe (In the comic his realm is the Canon Marvel Universe, and dying in the Mystic Realm would erase the reality. Wreck-it Ralph rules.) Also, alternative universe stuff is funky to use anyhow

It isn't practically usable, but it is a thing he can very well do with enough time, so it should at the very least be listed with he limitations

Hasn't doctor doom stated that his mere thoughts can alter reality while being amped by Galactus power cosmic in Secret Wars 1984:https://***************.to/Comic/Marvel-Super-Heroes-Secret-Wars-1984/Issue-10?id=45233

He had absorbed the entire energy of Galactus' world ship.

As this would mean a downgrade Thor´s God and Thermo-Blast, in the profile restructuring process some interesting feats could be added to their justification. Also, some links are down so I replaced them:

Attack Potency: Solar System level (May shatter a sun easily as a stone, and to draw bolt with the energy of a long dead star stored withi. Can survive to energy of an exploding su, make it burn with the might of a thousand suns, destroyed Surtur's star-dwarfing portal with Beta Ray Bill's help, restored Arkon's rings, shook the stars while wielding 2 Mjolnirs, and slightly dented the Silver Surfer's forehead with a headbutt. Loki even commented that Thor has greater strength than the Silver Surfer while fighting a serious Norri), higher with the God Blast (Harmed and made a starving Galactus flee) and Thermo-Blast (Bested Ego)

I don't know how many characters are affected by this downgrade apart from Thor and Ego..

Well, Hunger Galactus was hungry after moving on to the Ultimate Universe.

I don't remember Thanos mentioning that but I doubt he that was well fed, even Thanos managed to harm him.

In Nova vol. 4 # 13 the context implies that Galactus is hungry as it seeks planets to feed.

And in Dazzler it is said at the end of chapter #11 that he is hungry.

Antvasima said:
He had absorbed the entire energy of Galactus' world ship.
He had converted his ship from matter into the power cosmic and was absorbing it but Doom used a machine to steal the power cosmic Galactus absorb away from him.

To adress your point Galactus did not absorb his ships power he converted all of his ship into energy and that energy was power cosmic but Doom stole it and was being amped by it.The energy of the ship was turned into power cosmic.

It was also stated that after he absorb the converted energy of his ship he would do the same to the sun and the battleword planet.

I think 4-B downgrade for hungry Galactus seems reasonable, and it's consistent with Thor's God blast, but prefer to hear Matt's input before we do anything. He might have something important to say.

Randomperosn said:
He had converted his ship from matter into the power cosmic and was absorbing it but Doom used a machine to steal the power cosmic Galactus absorb away from him.

To adress your point Galactus did not absorb his ships power he converted all of his ship into energy and that energy was power cosmic but Doom stole it and was being amped by it.The energy of the ship was turned into power cosmic.

It was also stated that after he absorb the converted energy of his ship he would do the same to the sun and the battleword planet.
The point is that this power would have made Galactus very well-fed.

WeeklyBattles said:
I swear i read somewhere that galactus fought Sentry...
It was mentioned but not shown in an early Sentry story.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I think 4-B downgrade for hungry Galactus seems reasonable, and it's consistent with Thor's God blast, but prefer to hear Matt's input before we do anything. He might have something important to say.
Feel free to ask him to comment here.

Antvasima said:
The point is that this power would have made Galactus very well-fed.
I know Galactus would have been very well-fed by consuming his ship but that is not what I am agruing about.

What I am saying is that Galctus turned his ship from matter into power cosmic and was absorbing it.Doom stole that power cosmic with a machine and absorb the power for himself.When he had the power realized that his thoughts could alter reality.Thus Galactus should have reality warping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back