• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Speed of Light upgrade for Fantastic Four and Doom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This should be simple and painless.

In Fantastic Four Vol. 3 #25, Doctor Doom launches his forcefield as two energy beams that go at the speed of light, and Reed Richards himself moves at a speed "only slightly slower than that", which would downscale to "Relativistic+" and be just below lightspeed.

The Fantastic Four, Doom, and all those who scale (like the Hulk's combat speed) should have their standard speed upgraded to "Relativistic+", as Doom himself scales in speed to Reed and all of the other F4 members have fought Doom.

EDIT:

I found some support for the F4 being relativistic+ in speed:

1. Reed Richards in Fantastic Four #200 dodging lasers.

2. Johnny Storm dodges laser guns.

3. Susan Storm:

Defends against and reacts to multiple unpredictable laser beams (FF #183)

Reacts to laser beams (FF #201)

Last edited:
In Fantastic Four Vol. 3 #25, Doctor Doom launches his forcefield as two energy beams that go at the speed of light, and Reed Richards himself moves at a speed "only slightly slower than that".

The Fantastic Four, Doom, and all those who scale (like the Hulk's combat speed) should have their standard speed upgraded to "Speed of Light", as Doom himself scales in speed to Reed and all of the other F4 members have fought Doom.
that doesn't really follow to me?
if the beams go at SoL, and Reed is slower, then he's not SoL. He's Relativistic+, downscaling from lightspeed.

Yeah it says Reed appears to be moving slightly slower so he (and those who scale to him) would be Relativistic+ while Doom's force fields would be light speed.

that doesn't really follow to me?
if the beams go at SoL, and Reed is slower, then he's not SoL. He's Relativistic+, downscaling from lightspeed.
Yeah it says Reed appears to be moving slightly slower so he (and those who scale to him) would be Relativistic+ while Doom's force fields would be light speed.
Fair enough.

I changed the OP, so they would all scale to Baseline "Relativistic+".

Should I put you 2 down as agreeing with Relativistic+ speed?

Fair enough.

I changed the OP, so they would all scale to Baseline "Relativistic+".

Should I put you 2 down as agreeing with Relativistic+ speed?
not baseline, like literally as high into Rela+ as you can be without being lightspeed.
they're downscaling from SoL itself, so they wouldn't be baseline.

not baseline, like literally as high into Rela+ as you can be without being lightspeed.
they're downscaling from SoL itself, so they wouldn't be baseline.
So what would that be, 99% Sol?

I remember Fairy Tail also having an issue with that, and they ended up deciding to backscale from a SoL person to 99% Sol.

Last edited:
So what would that be, 90% Sol?

I remember Fairy Tail also having an issue with that, and they ended up deciding to backscale from a SoL person to 99% Sol.
slightly below SoL could be 0.99999c or 0.99c, their rating would just be noted as Relativistic+ (<1c)

The statement doesn't seem to talk about something "as near as lightspeed as it can be" but rather something really close to lightspeed, something at 0.7c, 0.8c or 0.9c can easily be described as such. I have no problems with the feat and the new scaling, but I think 0.999c is overestimating the statement

The statement doesn't seem to talk about something "as near as lightspeed as it can be" but rather something really close to lightspeed, something at 0.7c, 0.8c or 0.9c can easily be described as such. I have no problems with the feat and the new scaling, but I think 0.999c is overestimating the statement
Hence why I said "downscaling from lightspeed". On Reed and whoever's profile, you would write
Speed: Relativistic+ (Moved "only slightly slower" than Doom's lightspeed energy beams)

Looks good.

So, do you have an idea of what exact value they'd scale to? 0.99c? 0.9c?
They wouldn't have an exact value here, it would just be <1c, like Sun said above.
Kinda like when we know Character A scales to exactly 15 Tons (for example), and B is a little bit stronger than A, so B is just >15 Tons.

They wouldn't have an exact value here, it would just be <1c, like Sun said above.
Kinda like when we know Character A scales to exactly 15 Tons (for example), and B is a little bit stronger than A, so B is just >15 Tons.
Ehhhh, I really don't like that but I'll accept it.
That seem good to you?

I am fine with LordGriffin1000's and SeijiSetto's proposals.

Would one of you two mind opening the following pages:

I am fine with LordGriffin1000's and SeijiSetto's proposals.

Would one of you two mind opening the following pages:

Probably just the hypersonic 5-B people.

Not totally sure though.
Looking at Doom's profile, he's scaling to Spider-Man speed-wise. Would that just... not be a thing anymore? Or would Spider-Man also be upgraded?

I have absolutely no real input in regards to what happens at the end but I think this affects more than just the FF, Doom and Hulk.

comic scaling, lole

Looking at Doom's profile, he's scaling to Spider-Man speed-wise. Would that just... not be a thing anymore? Or would Spider-Man also be upgraded?

I have absolutely no real input in regards to what happens at the end but I think this affects more than just the FF, Doom and Hulk.

comic scaling, lole
I don't know enough about Peter to say if him scaling to 5-B Marvel people is legit, so I'm gonna be safe and say no.

Also, due to the 5-B+ baseline being upped from 1.38 to 1.93 yottatons, I do not think the Energy Blades qualify for 5-B+ anymore (even though they one-shot a dude who scales to 1.2 yottatons, the gap is 1.6x which is way too much for an upscale), so I'll remove those from Doom's page to avoid needless filler.

His magic is still definitely 5-A via scaling >= 10x his base (aka 12 yottatons), so that stays.

This looks good.
Thanks bestie.

Would you mind unlocking the following pages?

Isn't Spider-Man narratively faster than the Thing and Reed Richards?

As I remember, in absolutely every battle against F4, even if it was the whole team at once, Peter was faster than each of them.

The Thing is considered a slow character.

Isn't Spider-Man narratively faster than the Thing and Reed Richards?

As I remember, in absolutely every battle against F4, even if it was the whole team at once, Peter was faster than each of them.
Even if Spider-man appeared on many F4 stories, even joining the crew for a brief time, Peter himself is not part of the F4 core and should not be a used to scale them. If we started doing that, everyone in the verse would be Hypersonic since Spidey has stories with almost everyone.

Plus, we usually take stories that put two characters against each other with a grain of salt. (Which is sad, I could've argued for High 8-C Moon Knight)

The Thing is considered a slow character.
This doesn't say much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back