• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Galactic Empire vs Gem Homeworld

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
Scenario: One day, Darth Vader's life support systems randomly fail and Palpatine has a heart attack because he's old. Everyone initially starts fighting for control. Thrawn realizes this could likely tear the Empire apart and looks for an excuse to bring everyone together. He discovers the Homeworld Empire out oast the Outer Regions and decides "oh, you'll do." He rushes back and is all like "hey guys there's this big ass Empire over in another galaxy that's gonna come and kill us all, pull your shit together." This being Thrawn, he brings proof. That is to say, he bumped off a Gem scout ship, recorded the battle, edited the footage, and claimed he got attacked. Everyone's like "oh shit, that's a big problem" and they decide to let Thrawn play Emperor for a bit to deal with the issue so they can sort out the details of "who'll rule the galaxy" later. Naturally, Homeworld notices that one of their ships got attacked. They investigate and discover the Empire.

FIGHT!

Both are only allowed up to High 6-A weapons. Speed Equalized. Let's just pretend that the Rebellion doesn't exist for whatever reason.

GalacticEmpire
vs.
Diamond Authority symbol previous

So this is basically what's happening? Sweet:
SW-SU Invasion

The only real advantage the Empire seems to have over the Gems is their Capital Ships. Anything smaller than an ISD gets recked by the Gems, but the ISD's are too durable with their deflector shields to destroy. Though the ISD's can only destroy the Gem Warships with their Heavy Laser Cannons, which unless I'm remembering this wrong are the ones they use to bombard planets with so they don't seem like they'd help much in ship-to-ship combat. So it seems like it'd be difficult to see a winner in space, at least until the Diamond Warships arrive. The Gems seem like they are too strong to take on in every other regard though so I'd say they take this.

I mean yeah Cinnabar pretty much summed it up but i'll throw in some extra stuff for the Gems:

• A Harmony Core alone would devastate whatever forces are trying to attack, i dont recall many non-force users in the Empire that have a resistance to global mindhax
  • Gem tech wouldnt be affected by the Empire's EMPs and Ion cannons, while Gem EMPs would knock out anything the Empire has (A small handheld EMP knocked out dozens of Flask Robonoids, whereas a single damaged robonoid wasnt even affected by a supercharged EMP that knocked out all the power in Beach City for an extended period of time)
  • A White Light would mess them up

As we explained before though, all that is actual bull. They have a lot going for them, not just "a few advantages".

It almost feels like you completely forgot the past thread.

Lets throw in some debate for the funzies

The Empire has such an enormous array of ships. There aren't any hard numbers on the Gem Homeworld page, but the Empire possesses millions of smaller starfighters and tens of thousands of capital ships. That's not even mentioning the Stormtroopers, whom the Empire has access to billions of. Whereas the Gem Homeworld only has about tens of millions of fighting-ready Gems at any one time.

They also massively outrange the Gems and can begin bombarding the world from hundreds of kilometers away, whereas the Gems can only attack with their warships from close up, about dozens of meters

Harmony Core, from my minor research, doesnt seem like a thing that the Gems really tend to use.

A White Light... not sure what that is. If it's White Diamond's thing, then the Diamonds aren't here

EMPs? See above about range. The Empire doesn't need to get close.

White Lights are basically gem battle droids (As far I know they aren't really connected to White Diamond) and iirc they use them quite a bit

@Crimson Those starfighters and stormtroopers would be fodder to literally a single Quartz soldier, even the weakest bottom of the barrel cannon fodder soldiers like Rubies are 7-A

Gems have intergalactic range with some of their weapons and their ships also have a range of hundreds of kilometers so i dont see how the Empire outranges them

White Light is this thing

Range: At least dozens of meters with energy projectiles

That comes from every one of their pages for their warships

And yeah a single one would be fodder, but the Empire has millions and billions of lads

Oh well yeah a single Prism on its own is capable of generating an entire army, let alone all three

Crimson Azoth said:
Range: At least dozens of meters with energy projectiles

That comes from every one of their pages for their warships

And yeah a single one would be fodder, but the Empire has millions and billions of lads
Eh? That needs to be changed, even ships that arent meant for direct combat and ships thousands of years older than their current warships are capable of nuking planets from orbit

And numbers really wont help against an opponent who can stomp your army and has infinite stamina

Voting for Homeworld. The idea that they can beat the Empire is kinda hilarious.

For the sake of playing Devil's Advocate, can we address the Empire's biggest advantage? That is to say, they're being led by Thrawn. Thrawn analyzes and exploits the weaknesses of any species he comes across, be they psychological or cultural and this is something that Homeworld would be weak against given its highly fascist structure.

Back