• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gaia Parallel RP: RP Thread

“Yeah, don’t you know all about magic?” They asked as they playfully elbowed Cass in the side. Play it cool... “You’re dressed for the part. You got a rabbit in that hat?”

They tapped the magician’s hat with the back of their fingers. Maybe not the best time for jokes but dammit everything was so weird that they needed a coping mechanism.

"I-I mean, yeah! Penn and Teller are ... godlike in what they can do! I mean -- one time, they brought a bunch of brooms to life and created a flood!"

The elbow in her side was like a wakeup call. Giggling instinctively and following the other's lead. True, she was just reciting the plot of The Sorcerer's Apprentice, but they seemed to be in the trippiest place on Earth anyways, so perhaps the whims of fate would give her a free pass.

Bailey chuckled. “I thought that was Mickey Mouse.“ That was all they said for that, though. They crossed their arms back over their chest. Cass was alright. She wasn’t as weird as literally everyone else. Bailey could handle that.

Abel smiled to himself as he noticed the two talking and laughing. It seemed that Cassandra had calmed down a little which was good. “Penn and Teller? Who are they? Some kind of famous mages?”

@DMUA

They lower their weapons a bit, but not by much. "Beastmen aren't exactly common around here," one of them speaks. "But you don't look like much of a minotaur. You some kinda quarter-beast?"

@Path Gang including Rhythm, Hl3, Everything and everybody else

Following the path leads the group to a long stone wall barred with a magical barrier. At the front of it, Naldo is currently speaking with the guards, who have their halberds trained on him. They seem a bit agitated at seeing how many of you there are, especially upon seeing the wind boat.

@The_Divine_Phoenix

She breaths in, as if to say something, but seemingly decides not to as they've reached the wall, simply exhaling and creating a small cloud due to the temperature difference

@ZephyrosOmega

"Are we allowed to enter, or are you going to point your weapons at everyone who comes by?" She calls out to the guards

Well, this is the exact opposite of inconspicuous... granted, I don't exactly fit in myself, with the denim and all, but this is a bit excesssive. So much for the low profile.

Kahl glances back at the "wind boat", looking mildly amused. He stops, seeming to wait for that whole parade to catch up.

"What is your name anyway?"

She said, glancing at the ice spirit and wondering what she wanted to say, before noting the guards.

She didn't speak yet, though, as the ice spirit had said what she intended to say.

@The Squad

"Are you an adventuring party?" The right guard asks. "We haven't received word of any such groups scheduled to arrive today. Nobody may enter Ordo Vis without a permit."

@ Boat Gang

"O-Oh, must be my mistake. He's another -- great magician from our parts."

Nodding affirmingly before peeking over the side of the boat. She'd been on enough thrill rides to wear off motion sickness and fear of heights. It's then that she comes across a stone wall with soldiers. Maybe it was the supposed weed talking, but they definitely didn't look nor act like animatronics.

"Uh ... what's -- that?"

@The_Divine_Phoenix

She turns back to Apollyon to answer the question

"My name..."

"...Yuki, or, um, with two u's, Yuuki." She responds, seemingly having been put on the spot before she turns back to the guards

@ZephyrosOmega

"How does one get a permit then? Are you able to grant one?"

Abel lands the arc near the others and gets out before saying, “Apologizes if I startled you. I mean no harm and neither do my companions.” He gestures to those in the ark.

"Don't mind them, guards, they woke up on the wrong side you see. Anyway, what checks are necessary for this town, we have some business here and would prefer to get by without issue.

Seeing everyone else walk down the path Glump gives up trying to squeeze to goddess avatar for information for the time being. Not getting separated was the priority for now. Luckily, Glump had just the right skill to catch up: Teleportation.

A few blinks later Glump stood before the guards and heard them rejecting them entrance.
Glump decided that if those guards had problems with beastmen already, Goblin Glump should rather stay in the background where hopefully nobody would notice him.
Not that he would just do nothing. If he could see past the guards he should be able to teleport past them as well... unless that magic barrier prevented it. It was worth a try in any case.

Glump concentrated on teleporting past the guards.

@Paul_Frank

"It's... unorthodox, but in the case of emergencies. What is your purpose here? Your minotaur friend here said you were just 'passing through'."

@Everything12

"Town?" The left soldier snickers. "What kinda backwater island are you from then, smart guy?" He can't help but nudge his fellow guard, who looks VERY annoyed by him. "Heh, ordo vis a 'town'..."

@DontTalkDT (Shit, sorry, I must have missed your post in the chaos. What was Glump trying to get from the goddess?)

"Adventuring... party? No, I am a King, a ruler..." The being would say, still confused, looking to their sides and seeing the people around them. Damn, that was a lot of sudden people.... "Hm, I am Crimson... Nat. Who are you all?" They would gently ask.

As the wind boat and it's inhabitants pass, Kahl moves forwards again, but at a much slower pass, allowing the boat to set down in front of him. Considering the guard's distraction, Kahl not exactly making a huge deal of himself, the much more pressing concern of the wind boat, and the physical impediment to seeing him, he easily and silently walks off into the nearby woods, likely unnoticed by many of the newcomers to this place considering their focus on the guards and each other.

Bailey glanced down at the guards and waved at them. “Must be the guards at Disney’s magic castle,” they muttered. That was a thing, right? They never actually been to Disneyland.

”Should be fine.”

@DontTalkDT (Shit, sorry, I must have missed your post in the chaos. What was Glump trying to get from the goddess?)
(Basically general info of the place they were walking to. So essentially random trivia about Ordo Vis. Whatever the goddess feels like telling Glump)

She reaches for her pockets again, only to find that her regular belongings had vanished. It was just that spiky, club-like object stuck in there. Clenching her eyes, she lets out a sharp exhale and an utterance beneath her breath. A slight knock on her temples. The girl didn't have any identification to speak of.

"Shit ... I forgot my wallet in my other clothes ... "

“And where’d you put your other clothes?” Bailey asked as they looked her over. “Youre not stuck wearing that are you?”

@DontTalkDT

(Things the goddess shared: Ordo Vis is a technology-focused empire that borders the more magic-oriented kingdom of Guardia. Tensions and the threat of war are high between the two kingdoms. Also, the planet they're on is called Gaia, as the planet and goddess are essentially one and the same)

@Listentomyrhytm

That seems to make them a bit nervous, particularly the left guard. "A king? Well that can't be right... we would have gotten a notice."

"Maybe it got lost it the mail..." The right guard suggests, his stoic composure starting to break a bit.

@Jackythejack

"I don't know, I woke up in this ... "

She explained, tugging on the cloth beside her. The cloth didn't feel stuck to her skin or anything, but it would be a foolish move to discard the only clothes she had. Besides, despite how unfavorable it was on her thighs, the rest of her body would have been freezing if it was just the sleeveless dress underneath. Perking her head up, she listens in on the guards' conversation, raising an eyebrow. Curiouser and curiouser....

Apollyon then spoke up.

"I believe it best to let us pass in this case."

She noted to the guard, whose composure was somewhat breaking.

Dressed as she was, she could easily be understood to be a noble herself.

”at least you don’t look too ridiculous in it,” they said with a shrug as they glanced to the guards. They weren’t too worried about them. There shouldn’t be a reason why wouldn’t be allowed in, right?

”Still, getting some more clothes would be good for you.“

"Damn man, I don't wanna get in trouble with royalty! Just let 'em through. There's like, 20 of them anyway, I don't wanna tangle with that many people."

"Urgh... I suppose that's for the best. Forgive me, your majesty. We'll make sure all the paperwork is fixed." The right guard bows.

Then Alexander decides to rub in the guard's situation, which makes the left guard... get a bit of a twitchy nerve, so to speak. He can spot the man gripping his halberd tighter.

"What exactly is Ordo Vis, me and my colleagues are from a long ways away, and haven't found out many customs yet?" Nicholas asks the guards.

noah was getting closer to abel, she had decided to walk on foot instead of flying.

"Cool, it's time to explore this place, maybe go to a library"

"Give me a top, some sweatpants, a bra that fits, and I'm good. Anything that doesn't look like I belong in some stage show ... "

A low exhale. She knew it couldn't have been that easy. But furthermore, she begins to notice the uneasiness of the guards. The emotion they felt was somehow genuine. None of it felt fake. The mind could easily play tricks on itself, but not to this extent, to her knowledge. Everything felt so realistically authentic. A good performance was one thing, but this all felt too natural. She stepped forwards, advancing towards her next destination.

"Should we go and find a boutique or something? I like the dress and the boots, but I don't want too many eyes on me, if you catch my drift. Public speaking was ... rough on me."

Once inside and not in direct sight of anything, a few specks of shadow would detach from her own shadow and begin subtly moving around, trying to get a feel for what this place was like.

"I'll have a look around."

She said to any that had come with her.

Having successfully snuck off, Kahl continues along the stone wall until he either encounters a break in it, an edge or opening, or something else generally interesting.

"Give me a top, some sweatpants, a bra that fits, and I'm good. Anything that doesn't look like I belong in some stage show ... "

"Should we go and find a boutique or something? I like the dress and the boots, but I don't want too many eyes on me, if you catch my drift. Public speaking was ... rough on me."
“Bras,” they rolled their eyes. Good thing they don’t really have to wear those. ...well, some might say they should, but they don’t. They’re flat enough to not. “I mean I don’t really like going clothes shopping, but...having you walk around alone with that on might be trouble.”

Best to be polite, you know. At least show some decency towards the girl.

Should we go and find a boutique or something? I like the dress and the boots, but I don't want too many eyes on me, if you catch my drift. Public speaking was ... rough on me."
"Well, if you want I'll go with you but first we need a map or something like that" noah waves her stick trying to Create a Map of this town (?)
@ZephyrosOmega

Back