• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
It's unlocked. I'll re-add and fix (change the tier referenced) the note.

EDIT: Added.

The only way you can say its reflection is in the sense of a mirror giving the attributes onto another image, but not in the way we usually refer to attack reflection. It would be more like translation than reflection in that context.

Well first off, no one is immune to damage here, let's be clear on that. If you mean that you want an example of damage translating regardless of speed or tier, then look at literally any other damage transfer user. Not a single time in any of The Poster Child of this ability's matches on his profile is it ever asked if a character is too fast to have Highway to Hell work on them, nor have I seen a single person ask if pain split or endeavor will not work due to a speed or tier difference short of perhaps speed blitz.

I'm not on the computer right now, but I believe I had it saved from a while ago. I'll go look for it as well, but i believe this was also actually brought up in a previous CRT, with the scan in mind linked there if we can find it.

Gagamaru is immune to damage because when he transfers damage he doesn't take it himself.

Thunder McQueen isn't immune to damage that he transfers, so it's purely offensive, and is fine.

Endeavor is purely offensive. Pain split moves the damage after it's been applied. Healing and dura neg (essentially what pain split functions as) don't face NLF issues in the same way invulnerability (what Encounter functions as) does.

None of Thunder McQueen, Endeavor, or Pain Split let their users tank universal MFTL+ attacks, they simply let their uses deal damage/heal after they've been dealt damage.

It's not about verse, Medaka Box is my favourite verse in fiction from my favourite author, it's about mechanics.

It's not quite invulnerability, it's more like a healing ability that works as he takes damage. He may momentarily die from attacks, but as he can posh away his own death, it usually won't last long.

There's no evidence that he momentarily dies, or that he even needs to take the damage to transfer it. You're bringing up explanations that are never even hinted at in the text to get around it being NLF.

I'm saying that that might happen against some opponents, it is just headcanon though.

Is there ever a point where we decide that an ability actually has no limits?

InfiniteSped said:
There seemed to be a bit of a delay when he pushed it to Medaka.
Kumagawa also had time to ask what it was called (and Gagamaru had time to respond) before it was pushed onto him.

There was also a slight delay when pushing it onto the beam. As it transfers damage, not force (he can still be moved), and there's only so much damage that he can possibly take (after which he's just elementary particles moving apart at varying speeds), is there even a no-limits fallacy here?

For an example, here Hinokage punches Gagamaru, stops and leaves his hand still on the guy's cheek. There's a flashback, and when it's over, Hinokage's hand is still in the same place. Then he asks where all the damage goes to, Gagamaru says that he sent it somewhere close by, and just then Medaka is hit.

https://imgur.com/a/OduVr0N

Some ten sentences of dialogue before the damage is transferred.

It'd be an All Fiction or Scar Dead case, he can choose to hold it back, instant otherwise. Like when shibuki smashed his head as a kid.

I really don't understand why the note is still there. I think its kinda common to obviously know that Gagamaru can't Encounter Everything due to NFL. However, keeping the note there is like adding extra precaustions. If that's the case there are tons of characters on VS Battle that should also have the note.

Example like Wolfgang Schrieber .

When the note was removed people used that as a reason in threads to say "Look! We can say it reaches above CB now!" That's why I came back to this thread to get it re-added.

If we had the same issue with other characters we'd likely include a note there.

Mr. Common Sense said:
I really don't understand why the note is still there.
To literally quote what I said regarding this when it was originally added:

Usually when it comes to abilities which have some NLF factor I don't mind if just the canon description is used and the NLF potential isn't explicitely mentioned on the page. That is simply, because most of the time people don't assume abilities to have NLF extent, because they know that we would limit it to the highest showings.

If you look at Gagamaru Chougasaki's vs-threads though you see it a lot that people assume Encounter to work against opponents with attacks much more powerful and fast than Encounter was ever shown or reliably stated to work against.

Hence I would want to add a note to his page pointing that part out, so that discussions don't constantly involve that NLF.
It's just like Accelerator for the longest time had a similar note regarding his reflection. It isn't necessary for all characters, but if it is a frequent problem in vs-threads it is worth adding.

Back