• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Funny Monkey vs King Monkey

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's giving a shit
Anyway I'm not here to argue about who cares and not tbh. The dude's got zero knowledge about a character and he's learning so win-win ig
I wouldn't say zero knowledge, I used to be a somewhat avid One Piece fan when I was younger, but fell out of it as time went on, so I'd have like, 0.5 knowledge or some shit.

Cool.

Because at a point I did give a shit, but then realized there was no point in arguing something for a verse I don't read or watch nor do I have an in-depth understanding of. You stop caring once you realize there's no point, and regardless of whether or not I care, I can still ask the question. So uh, yeah, shut up lol.
Good lord..
The break down is literally like this:
Luffy eats a devil fruit that gives him a body that has every single property of rubber, but seemingly isn't actually rubber. This body allows him to resist any damage from:
A regular person's body
any hard material
Lightning
Bullets and cannon balls
And limited inflating, meaning you can inflate any part of his body but after a certain part it'll start to rip and/or pop, but it can go for a pretty long distance.
In the One Piece world, many people have the ability named "Haki", which allows them to hit people who eat devil fruits, such as Luffy, as if they were normal people. This is obviously durability negation. It should be noted, how ever, that during his fight with Doflamingo, Luffy managed to stop Doflamingo from negating his rubber body via coating it in haki, so his kick was reflected from Luffy's stomach.

Good lord..
The break down is literally like this:
Luffy eats a devil fruit that gives him a body that has every single property of rubber, but seemingly isn't actually rubber. This body allows him to resist any damage from:
A regular person's body
any hard material
Lightning
Bullets and cannon balls
And limited inflating, meaning you can inflate any part of his body but after a certain part it'll start to rip and/or pop, but it can go for a pretty long distance.
In the One Piece world, many people have the ability named "Haki", which allows them to hit people who eat devil fruits, such as Luffy, as if they were normal people. This is obviously durability negation. It should be noted, how ever, that during his fight with Doflamingo, Luffy managed to stop Doflamingo from negating his rubber body via coating it in haki, so his kick was reflected from Luffy's stomach.
Bro I know what Haki and Devil Fruits are I'm not that much of a brainlet-

Why'd ya ask then
I didn't ask what Devil Fruits or Haki were. Like, I never asked that ever. I may have asked how Luffy's internal damage crap and his blunt force resistance worked, but I never asked what the sources of these abilities were as it was obvious to anybody whose watched One Piece to any relevant amount lol.
This literally doesn't matter, just drop the back and forth, let's talk about the fight now.

This 5-page thread has 4 pages of filler
Good point, and personally, I'd say inconclusive for lack of a better conclusion since I think the fight's rather close despite Luffy's advantages, but correct me if you have a different opinion.

Well cast your votes now while shit is on track, I don't think anymore debating needs to go on.

Mori's wincon: Skill. Death tap that can be avoided with FS (if he can even get through the rubber physiology to begin with) and big sticc that can also be avoided with FS
Luffy's wincons: Future Sight, nigh-immunity to everything not cutting, enhanced resistance to the point of bypassing even slight pearcing (reshapes to fit the kanabo's spikes), adaptivity and RE (can compete with rokushiki masters in H2H), speed amps, dura neg that actually works, minor regen neg, can restore his stamina to 100 and restart the fight from square one for Mori, transmutation that might cause Luffy to tie Mori into a rubber balloon tbh-

I wanna say incon but Funny Monkey got too much stuff that becomes even MORE too much when he's awakened.

Future Sight
Mori has IR, that allows him to dodge atack far faster than his own speed

nigh-immunity to everything not cutting,, enhanced resistance to the point of bypassing even slight pearcing (reshapes to fit the kanabo's spikes)
Mori doesn't really have anything cut based

adaptivity and RE (can compete with rokushiki masters in H2H)
He also can evolves from fixing massive problems of a legendary martial arts mid figth (literally 5 seconds after he realized it)

speed amps, dura neg that actually works
Mori haves a 8x AP amp

minor regen neg
And it matters because?

can restore his stamina to 100 and restart the fight from square one for Mori
Ok i give you that, but if the figth continues to much mori will simply brings the multipliers

, transmutation that might cause Luffy to tie Mori into a rubber balloon tbh-
Doesn't that last long anyway? kaido seemed to revert to normal rather quick

Livin please be quiet for a second and stop regurgitating arguments you don't know what the **** you're talking about.
I do? I know the series enough to know what i am talking about, minor details like forgetting the name of a character that literally didn't exist in this key doesn't matter to the argument

I do? I know the series enough to know what i am talking about, minor details like forgetting the name of a character that literally didn't exist in this key doesn't matter to the argument
Your arguments are legit braindead dude lol. Jeahbongchim amps aren't even on the profile past 6-A dude.

I'll respond to everything in a second.

Future Sight
Partially countered by Mori's instinctive reactions. Doesn't matter if you see him reacting, you can't stop him from reacting.
nigh-immunity to everything not cutting
Fair. Mori doesn't have cutting or piercing attacks here.
enhanced resistance to the point of bypassing even slight pearcing (reshapes to fit the kanabo's spikes)
Mori doesn't have cutting or piercing shit in this key so irrelevant.
adaptivity and RE (can compete with rokushiki masters in H2H)
Elaborate on the potency of this as Mori deadass does the same thing everyday.
speed amps
Fair.
dura neg that actually works, minor regen neg,
How regen neg works?
can restore his stamina to 100 and restart the fight from square one for Mori,
How does this work.
transmutation that might cause Luffy to tie Mori into a rubber balloon tbh-
🗿

Also AoE means jack shit to Luffy who can dodge liquid explosion that are already somehow in contact with him cleanly without Precognition.

Partially countered by Mori's instinctive reactions. Doesn't matter if you see him reacting, you can't stop him from reacting.

Fair.

How regen neg works?

How does this work.

🗿
luffy can restart his heartbeat to the beat of the "drums of liberation". Completely regenerates his stamina

Mori haves a 8x AP amp
one shot amps are a no-no in vs battles
And it matters because?
Idk, just in case Mori got regen I guess? Not like Luffy chooses to toggle it on, it's just a haki feature.
Ok i give you that, but if the figth continues to much mori will simply brings the multipliers
8x multipiliers unallowed- the sequel
Doesn't that last long anyway? kaido seemed to revert to normal rather quick
Yes, when Luffy stopped touching him (pause)

Oof
That was just to elaborate on how much more maluable his body got, not necessarily for piercing resistance
Luffy has zero martial arts training but can fight Rokushiki masters (like Lucci) basically on par after witnessing their style for what seems like seconds and readjusting his fighting style or entirely switching it to force the opponent to fight on his terms, basically. For example- with Zoro he was target Zoro's elbows and forearms to keep him from swinging his blade.
With Lucci he was switching between close range combat, grappling and long range accordingly to readjust and adapt to every rokushiki style out of the 6 that Lucci uses.
With Kaido's drunken Bagua even after saying Kaido's unpredictable, he proceeded to, seconds later, entirely match-up to Kaido again and dragged the fight out once more.
How regen neg works?
He hits you and then you don't regenerate. Marco can regen half his head getting blown off but can't regen from Garp's haki punch and sustains a bruise/injury
Luffy can apply this to internal organs as well since now he's got Ryuou and can project his haki into others for internal obliteration. Literally, obliteration. He was shown obliterating a chunk of a tree when testing it out at long range, let along close range hits. And his dura neg scales to his regular AP.
How does this work.
He gets tired
He says "Hit that beat, Heart"
Heart does drums of liberation
Luffy's stamina instantly goes back to 100%, without signs of fatigue, and even reduced injury. He also has minor regeneration due to being a Zoan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back