• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fullmetal Alchemist Revision - Part 3, Scaling Second Half (High Tiers and Others)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armorchompy

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Here we are folks, my final FMA CRT. Well, until I watch the movie, which considering its reputation is gonna be basically never. Or if I ever revise 2003, which is unlikely to happen anytime soon unless others offer their help. Or I try adding stuff from the (canon) videogames, and if I do just please get me mental help because I've gone off the deep end.

Minor Stuff​

• The "High 8-C" with alchemy is to be removed. It's true that creation = destruction in FMA but both are hax and would be atomization anyway, not vfrag as the calc assumes. It should be replaced with "higher with Alchemy" based on the fact that Alex Armstrong can easily injure and maim Sloth with alchemy, with Sloth being stronger than him. There's no direct scaling but as they have performed human transmutation (very difficult) and either are State Alchemists or could very easily be if they wanted we can assume Ed, Al, Izumi and Mustang should all be comparable in alchemical prowess to Alex. Mustang also has his own feats of superiority over just about anything he fights.
  • Some of the alchemists also get Class M with Alchemy based on Ed and Izumi's feats. Specifically, Ed and Izumi (duh), Al (for being comparable to Ed and practicing a similar brand of Alchemy) and all PhilStone users. Nobody else does because while people like Mustang and Armstrong may be comparable in AP, their brands of alchemy do not focus on raising large structures so we can't know for sure.
  • Lust and Envy get a "higher with Preparation" rating for the time they blew up a building.
  • Lan Fan gets a "higher" rating for her bombs since they have their own calc, as we discussed last time. Fu does too.
  • Kimblee has a Peak Human LS and 9-B ap feat, and another, higher 9-B durability feat.
  • I also recalculated the 7-C calc, barely changed but hey

Possibly More Controversial Stuff​

• Hohenheim's physical ratings have always struck me as somewhat suspicious. He scales to 7-C in Striking Strength and durability which is really weird considering he has very little physical feats and a couple anti-feats. I think the reason for this rating is that he should have the same physiology as Father, but they use their bodies in different ways, with Hohenheim's alchemy being much more human-like. Hoh is also seriously threatened by Pride, which would make no sense considering Father > Pride. He does, however, have a fairly impressive feat in his High 8-C tanking of Father's beam.
    • To address the fact that Father is higher than 8-A, well, yes but he was going out of his way to preserve his energy, so I think it's reasonable that he would pull his punches to attack these 8-C people with a beam that would one-shot them anyway.
  • I believe Pride should be downgraded. First off, he only has the strength of a child, that's an easy 10-C rating for his SS. More relevantly, now that Hohenheim has been downgraded, his 7-C rating is looking a little sussy. Being stronger than the other Homunculi doesn't help much in regards to 7-C considering they're all 8-C, but he did threaten Hoh so he's at minimum High 8-C. Now, he does have a statement of being almost as dangerous as Father, and is the only Homunculus who has shown the ability to exhaust most of his PhilStone in one feat, which is a 7-C feat albeit one done only with hax, so I think a "possibly 7-C" rating can stay.
  • Father ALSO has suspicious ratings. I'm a little sus on a few of them, but let's start with the 6-C rating, based on creating a small sun. First off, nowhere is it ever claimed that he can create it, he can just sustain it, and it's risky. Real issue is the calculation itself though. It assumes the baby lil' sun has the same core temperature as the actual Sun, 15000000 C, which is about one Magcargo's worth of heat. Now, two issues here, first one is that the sun's core is hot because of its mass, which is much lower here. More pressingly everything would be on fire if it was that hot. Like, the whole room. And city probably. So yeah, probably not that hot, as such the calc is yeeted. However Father has the ability to create storms, and while I'm normally on the other side of this argument, with how Philosopher Stones work, specifically the fact that they can be used to bring just about anything into reality by consuming the same energy pool, and that Father has basically universal control over his Alchemy, I think 7-B for his Alchemy in this state works quite well. Unsure if it scales to his physicals but they seem to be dependent on his energy so why not. I have other, minor issues with Father's stats but I believe Gin has an upgrade planned, so I'll wait for that.
  • I believe Truth should be Low 1-C I'M KIDDING I'M KIDDING I'M KIDDING
Summary: "High 8-C with Alchemy" becomes "higher", some people get Class M with Alchemy, Xing Ninjas get "higher" with explosives, Kimblee becomes 9-B and peak human, 7-C calc is updated, Hohenheim becomes Unknown in AP and High 8-C in dura, Pride 10-C in Striking Strength and "At least High 8-C, possibly 7-C" with his shadows, and Father's last key becomes 7-B.

Last edited:
This seems fine to me, but I am not sure if several mentions in the same post causes spam notifications or not.

I don't think they do, if I had to guess. It's mostly for the sake of a joke.

You can make it, he has enough abilities even if none actually work for combat. I'm probably gonna make one for Dr. Marcoh

Thank you for the evaluations. This can probably be applied then.

Alright, I'll begin reworking the profiles with all that was approved

Okay. Thank you for helping out. Tell us here when you are done, and we should close this thread.

Read through it, pretty much agree with everything, glad all the sussy ratings for the Homunculus got addressed this time.
A little iffy with Father's storm creation scaling with his normal AP (and it looks like Hohenheim even blocks an attack from it but the attack itself looks weird) but I suppose it's fine to add since other profiles have them.

Overall really nice work.

local italian man silences everyone complaining about the state of the FMA pages by fixing the entire verse, more news at 11

I don't really have much to say here, besides that I obviously agree. Good job.

A little iffy with Father's storm creation scaling with his normal AP (and it looks like Hohenheim even blocks an attack from it but the attack itself looks weird)
I can understand that tbh. Maybe 7-C is safer for now

Working on reworking the verse gallery, how should I split it? Previously it was Alchemists/Homunculi/Warriors (Whatever that means)/Chimeras/Others (Aka just Truth) which is just a lot of stretches, but I don't wanna make it just a huge single blob of characters

You know, I just realized the FMA characters should probably be Supersonic considering they all scale way above a feat that's only 8 m/s below Supersonic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back