• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hazbin Hotel: Sir Pentious scaling physically

DaReaperMan

Bronze Supporter
All right, I've been talking about this for days, while someone else can rework Pentious, I'm out here to handle his scaling.

He probably shouldn't be Low 7-C.

Becuase he should be 8-A+, as he heavily downscales from the feat as it had him crawling on the ground, so he's downscaling from baseline Low 7-C.

Now where does this leave Angel Dust and Cherri Bomb? Well, they're just Low 7-C, Angel was pretty much unaffected by Pentious slamming him, even making a joke of it, so they're both baseline, still downscaling from the Low 7-C feat.

Minor Nitpick but does Sir Pentious really count as an antagonist outside of the pilot? Pretty sure he actively becomes a hero by the end of things.

Seems good, but if i had to say anything would be to make the abilities in bold so they are easier to read and seperate from the explanation. Either way, Good work.

Yeah I agree with this

Will probably update the rest of the casts' profiles later, especially their images since it's outdated as hell

Yeah I agree with this

Will probably update the rest of the casts' profiles later, especially their images since it's outdated as hell
Nice, i just wanted to get this scaling hiccup out of the way I don't have the conversation with whomever revises Pentious first lol

Dancing above it at 1.03 Kilotons of TNT
wouldn't it be possible to give Alastor a 7-C rating? (i'm not sure if this was discussed yet). Yes, he was very easily dealt with by Adam but he still held his own and caused Adam to recoil and hold his chin after being punched by the shadow thingy, their is also him throwing Adam into the hazbin sign but this seemed far less impactful. I feel like a "possibly 7-C" and downscaling from Adam would work, this is not to replace his Low 7-C tiering btw just smth that should be on the profile if it works.
pGqU9mS.gif

wouldn't it be possible to give Alastor a 7-C rating? (i'm not sure if this was discussed yet). Yes, he was very easily dealt with by Adam but he still held his own and caused Adam to recoil and hold his chin after being punched by the shadow thingy, their is also him throwing Adam into the hazbin sign but this seemed far less impactful. I feel like a "possibly 7-C" and downscaling from Adam would work, this is not to replace his Low 7-C tiering btw just smth that should be on the profile if it works.
pGqU9mS.gif
I'm iffy about it, since like, Adam literally severely injured Alastor in one hit lol

He can scale to a supressed Adam though, Alastor was toying with him before Adam got serious iirc
Alastor was as into full-demon as he could be without Adam landing free hits like half the fight. Alastor could mess around because compared to him Adam is bad at combat, the millisecond he was forced to eat hits he lost BADLY and was forced to run.

Alastor was as into full-demon as he could be without Adam landing free hits like half the fight. Alastor could mess around because compared to him Adam is bad at combat, the millisecond he was forced to eat hits he lost BADLY and was forced to run.
Then we can scale his full demon form to a supressed Adam perhaps?

Atleast for AP and not Dura mabye?

All right, I've been talking about this for days, while someone else can rework Pentious, I'm out here to handle his scaling.

He probably shouldn't be Low 7-C.

Becuase he should be 8-A+, as he heavily downscales from the feat as it had him crawling on the ground, so he's downscaling from baseline Low 7-C.

Now where does this leave Angel Dust and Cherri Bomb? Well, they're just Low 7-C, Angel was pretty much unaffected by Pentious slamming him, even making a joke of it, so they're both baseline, still downscaling from the Low 7-C feat.
Speaking of his feat of resistance.

Like, are we just going to use the default durability system for this?

Like, if a guy survives/resists an attack despite being damaged, he scales.

But Sir Pentious like the others are sinners. They are immortal (with type 5), and have good regeneration, so it doesn't make sense for the "survived" to justify durability, especially when he could have regenerated inside the explosion crater.

So pretty much any sinner could handle that explosion, right? As well as bigger explosions because of these two things. So should we treat sinners' durability feats as normal?

Like, since Alastar and that airship aren't angels or have angelic power, it's obvious that Sir Pentious would survive anything coming from them.

Well, I don't know, I'm just putting my thoughts here and also to move the crt.

But Sir Pentious like the others are sinners. They are immortal (with type 5), and have good regeneration, so it doesn't make sense for the "survived" to justify durability, especially when he could have regenerated inside the explosion crater.

So pretty much any sinner could handle that explosion, right? As well as bigger explosions because of these two things. So should we treat sinners' durability feats as normal?

Like, since Alastar and that airship aren't angels or have angelic power, it's obvious that Sir Pentious would survive anything coming from them.

Well, I don't know, I'm just putting my thoughts here and also to move the crt.
There ain't proof that the feat like, reduced Pentious to his constituent atoms, it just ****** him up pretty good. Sinners can still be injured and even knocked out by punching them, it's just not gonna ****** KILL them

Exactly what I'm saying, it won't kill them. So basically any other sinner couldn't survive what Sir Pentious did?
Mate. The point of the downscaling here is that it ****** him up, so he downscales heavily.

There is a stark difference between "Surviving" and "tanking".

I mean ngl Alastor doesn't really look likes he in full demon at all especially if he wasn't taking Adam seriously, he'd have no need to be, his horns and eyes usually change to indicate that he's in full-demon but i'll concede since this thread isn't about him, prolly bring it up when the profile change for him happens. in terms of Pentious downscaling, I 100% agree with it

There is a stark difference between "Surviving" and "tanking".
I think they're asking if are we certain Sir Pentious survived via being durable or because he's immortal as a Sinner?

An unknown amount of time passed until he got out of the crater, it could've been long enough for him to regenerate most of the damage.

I know his clothes were undamaged but animation can be funky like that, I imagine some people might bring that up.

Note: I'm personally fine downscaling him to 8-A+ or 550 Tons of TNT.

However, why does his physical AP scale to this? We don't scale Attack Potency to Durability by default and you've suggested Angel Dust scales to baseline Low 7-C for not being harmed by him. Meaning the AP scaling is coming from somewhere else.

I think they're asking if are we certain Sir Pentious survived via being durable or because he's immortal as a Sinner?

An unknown amount of time passed until he got out of the crater, it could've been long enough for him to regenerate most of the damage.

I know his clothes were undamaged but animation can be funky like that, I imagine some people might bring that up.
I mean this ain't the CRT to discuss that because that's like, every Hazbin character's scaling except 2.5 we're talking about there.
Note: I'm personally fine downscaling him to 8-A+ or 550 Tons of TNT.
This I'm not okay with, you don't get to downscale or upscale a nearly 2x difference ever, just downscale him from baseline Low 7-C.
However, why does his physical AP scale to this? We don't scale Attack Potency to Durability by default and you've suggested Angel Dust scales to baseline Low 7-C for not being harmed by him. Meaning the AP scaling is coming from somewhere else.
If I recall Pentious rumbled with people who could harm Angel Dust in the season proper

So basically Alastor feat>Angel/Husk>Rando Hellborn>Pentious PHYSICALLY, because yes, Pentious Physically and Pentious with equipment are two different animals.

Your discussing Sir Pentious scaling physically so I'm pretty sure his AP scaling can be discussed here.

That's not how this site works, we don't downscale like that. He wouldn't be 999 Tons of TNT, he'd instead downscale to baseline 8-A+, which is 550 Tons of TNT.

You have a problem with that? You'll need to make a thread to get an official rule about this.

Last edited:
Your discussing Sir Pentious scaling physically so I'm pretty sure his AP scaling can be discussed here.
If you want to discuss possibly 7-C with his blimps death ray thing instead of leaving it for the thread actually doing more then just "hey, Pentious needs to scaled like this physically." Here... well just no. That's derailing. This is exclusively Pentious physicals we're on here.
That's not how this site works, we don't downscale like that. He wouldn't be 999 Tons of TNT, he'd instead downscale to baseline 8-A+, which is 550 Tons of TNT.

You have a problem with that? You'll need to make a thread to get an official rule about this.
Upscaling and downscaling have 0 official rules on how they work, the most we got of them in the damn staff thread is that it's case by case.

But that's the thing, Rusty. There ain't a rule to my knowledge on where our downscaling between tiers puts people, you don't get to say "oh that's just how it works" and not have anything in writing that what you're saying is correct.

You haven't provided a single value or solution here, that's the issue here.

He cannot be anything other than 550 Tons of TNT unless you give an explanation why his number should be higher.

What number are you suggesting here, he needs to be some kind of number. Please actually give this number and explain why this case deserves whatever number you give.

In the entire time I've been on this wiki, I've never seen in handled any other way when the description is like this.

You haven't provided a single value or solution here, that's the issue here.

He cannot be anything other than 550 Tons of TNT unless you give an explanation why his number should be higher.

What number are you suggesting here, he needs to be some kind of number. Please actually give this number and explain why this case deserves whatever number you give.

In the entire time I've been on this wiki, I've never seen in handled any other way when the description is like this.
Rusty, can you provide a reason why Pentious would be almost 2x weaker then the calc?

If you want a concrete number, go to every single profile that's baseline on the wiki and try to find a feat to calculate for them, and remove all forms of downscaling into lower tiers and upscaling into higher tiers from the wiki.

Yes, this includes going through 10-B, 10-A, and 9-C, and the numerous characters who are baseline in each tier and then trying to calculate crap they do.

I will wait for you to sort out this wiki-wide double standard from 10-C to 3-A before you get to spout "but numberssss!"

Have I offended you in some way, this sounds a little bit hostile. I don't like being mocked because you disagree with me.

My apologies but I don't see how you can be suggesting him to downscale but you refuse to say where exactly he downscales.

This is completely absurd. You said case-by-case, so can you explain exactly where he scales without acting like that?

That's all I'm asking.

Have I offended you in some way, this sounds a little bit hostile. I don't like being mocked because you disagree with me.

My apologies but I don't see how you can be suggesting him to downscale but you refuse to say where exactly he downscales.

This is completely absurd. You said case-by-case, so can you explain exactly where he scales without acting like that?

That's all I'm asking.
Rusty, mate, how many profiles are baseline?

Here's Arthas, his third key upscales from baseline 5-B, no additional number slapped on arbitrarily required.

Are you telling me that the rules for upscaling and downscaling are suddenly different??? It's "downscales from 1 Kiloton", there's no wacky nonsense involved, if you want a note on his profile's AP section saying where he scales so nobody just applied 550 tons, just spit it out and get it over with.

Rusty, mate, how many profiles are baseline?

Here's Arthas, his third key upscales from baseline 5-B, no additional number slapped on arbitrarily required.

Are you telling me that the rules for upscaling and downscaling are suddenly different??? It's "downscales from 1 Kiloton", there's no wacky nonsense involved, if you want a note on his profile's AP section saying where he scales so nobody just applied 550 tons, just spit it out and get it over with.
Other profiles are irrelevant in this discussion. But this comparison doesn't matter in this situation from what I'm reading.

We can just call actual staff instead of going back in forth like this. I think it'll save us both unnecessary tension.

If I've offended you I'd like for you to clearly say it so I can avoid further agitating you. I don't like the idea that I've been unknowingly rude or disrespectful to you.

I'm very worried about this.

Sinners are immortal, not invulnerable. Plus, their regen sucks

Other profiles are irrelevant in this discussion. But this comparison doesn't matter in this situation from what I'm reading.

We can just call actual staff instead of going back in forth like this. I think it'll save us both unnecessary tension.
Even then I'd like a page to be made explaining upscaling/downscaling
If I've offended you I'd like for you to clearly say it so I can avoid further agitating you. I don't like the idea that I've been unknowingly rude or disrespectful to you.

I'm very worried about this.
Rusty, as a veteran of the Internet... I shrug shit off here, I've just been having a hard time and that's reflecting on my mood severely

It ain't you, it's other factors that are getting dumped on you

Back