• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Accelerate420 said:
It doesn't say that on the profile. Care to show proof for that? It states 'a weapon or tool'. Ars Magna is neither. From what it says in terms of Language it doesn't make sense for it to be passive either from my understanding.
It's passive because it doesn't need words. Example nothing exists because wherever you try to do something you're "encountering" him which is kanji similar to "nothing". So any encounter by default is turned to nothing. Wrong conversion works like that most of the time, it doesn't need words.

Firephoenixearl said:
Accelerate420 said:
It doesn't say that on the profile. Care to show proof for that? It states 'a weapon or tool'. Ars Magna is neither. From what it says in terms of Language it doesn't make sense for it to be passive either from my understanding.
It's passive because it doesn't need words. Example nothing exists because wherever you try to do something you're "encountering" him which is kanji similar to "nothing". So any encounter by default is turned to nothing. Wrong conversion works like that most of the time, it doesn't need words.
I'm gonna go with saying that's probably not how it works, or there is a loop hole like what Schnee said. It obviously has to respond to something otherwise I don't see how he can be damaged whatsoever, and if it's malice like Schnee said, then Die will bypass. I need more proof from your side.

know u are discussion for nothing (lol) right ?

Case A ars magna works and he dies instantly, stomp

case B nothing works and izzards is impotent , stomp

Civilian that protected Index "Die"

The girl whose name I don't recall "Die"

Touma, he tried to use Die, but it got negged.

OT2 is one of those volumes that is almost entirely different from its anime adaption for context.

Wait Schnee are you dissing Himegami? How dare

That's it, someone make the thread for Accelerate420 vs Schnee One. Bloodlusted.

But yeah, my vote is still Izzard, but I guess it'll be a stomp either way. But that's kinda how these characters work.

If Fukurou is bloodlusted then he would start with sealing so it would be who thinks first as opposed to Izzard thinks

I'm not sure why just cuz Izzard does it often doesn't make it not out of ill intent. Unless he is doing it for their own good, I'm pretty sure killing them still qualifies as a confrontation that would be erased.

Also, why are people thinking he won't open with sealing when he said he was going to against Iihiko, but decided against it due to it being only a temporary measure? (likely due to Iihiko's high skill meaning he could break the seals in a relatively short time frame like a month). Fukurou is fully willing to just pull out a card and seal an enemy

Because Fukurou's single encounter before he died had him start out with silent instead of sealing and he even decided against using it on Iihiko

Iapitus The Impaler said:
I'm not sure why just cuz Izzard does it often doesn't make it not out of ill intent. Unless he is doing it for their own good, I'm pretty sure killing them still qualifies as a confrontation that would be erased.
Also, why are people thinking he won't open with sealing when he said he was going to against Iihiko, but decided against it due to it being only a temporary measure? (likely due to Iihiko's high skill meaning he could break the seals in a relatively short time frame like a month). Fukurou is fully willing to just pull out a card and seal an enemy
I can tell someone to die and think of someone dying, but that doesn't mean I'm directing malice. You can do these things through just indifference. Not that it matters because Ars Magna isn't a power that contains such things to begin with.

Paul Frank said:
Because Fukurou's single encounter before he died had him start out with silent instead of sealing and he even decided against using it on Iihiko
Styles are language based techniques and rely heavily on context. He went for cage, then silence, then death, but that doesn't mean he will always open with that. In addition, he showed in his fight the his son that in a snap decision he goes for CC instead, which would likely counter Izzard's attempts to finish the fight in one move.

He only decided not to use it against Iihiko because sealing is a quick way to deal with problems but not a long term solution. For someone like Iihiko, going with sealing would have been a shortsighted option. The fact he was going to go for sealing otherwise proves it is one of his openers.

Accelerate420 said:
I can tell someone to die and think of someone dying, but that doesn't mean I'm directing malice. You can do these things through just indifference. Not that it matters because Ars Magna isn't a power that contains such things to begin with.
I dont think murdering someone out of indifference is enough for it to not be called a confrontation. What do you mean it doesn't contain such things?

Why wouldn't it?

There is no malice, no hatred meant to them-

Hold up.

Did no one think to put Mogura against Brynhildr?

I think that one of the things the black panther match did was cause a bit of confusion. The reason we decided that his abilities would get around Nothing is cuz he would act to specifically subdue what he would have percieved as an out of control teenager for her own good. This doesn't mean that every person who doesn't loath her isn't confronting her when they decide to try and murder her

Also, yeah, good idea for a match

Iapitus The Impaler said:
Accelerate420 said:
I dont think murdering someone out of indifference is enough for it to not be called a confrontation. What do you mean it doesn't contain such things?
If you're setting the bar to confrontation then literally nothing could touch the character. I mean that Ars Magna doesn't act on malice or not and doesn't contain them since it's just a medium. It's all dependant on the imagination and thoughts. Izzard IC would feel indifference.

The bar that I'm setting isn't that high, at least not anymore than an ability like this should be. Any sort of automatic or passive ability gets around it. If I kill someone but am indifferent about it I'm not sure how that would make it not confrontation. Remember that he specifically is telling her to die and she is

Confrontation implies a direct clash of opposing forces. If Kishin Ashura is standing there and you happen to go mad because of it, there was no confrontation in that exchange at all. Vs, if Izzard tells someone to die, that is still a confrontation since it comes from a place of opposition

You have to give at least a reason for me to count your vote.
I really need hours to think to say a reason, I'll be back in this thread an hour. (or I'm just stupid enough to process my brai)

• sigh* Voting for Aureolus FRA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back