• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fuji NEVER Cry [DMC Tier 1 Downgrades Yet Again]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fixed, you are embarrassing yourself right now. Seriously, you need to stop with this habit.

Well, depends on whether you can use the universes as measuring sticks for distances in the depiction or not.
Usually, you can not, because they are depicted as floating bubbles or lines or whatever which don't really depict proper size, and in that case I would say no to all of them
Fuji did not misinterpret it at all.

The only valid thing, you have said is "wait for conclusion", so no need to spam here. Anyway, @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara , I agree with your thread, the new standard is pretty much straightforward, but you mind waiting till it gets concluded?

Thanks for your understanding

Last edited:
I don't think anyone is "embarrassing themselves" simply for giving their opinion on the matter, but as far as this thread itself goes, I suppose the downgrade does make sense given what's been said in the Tier 1 thread.

I just have one question about this though:
Literally the entire premise of tier 1 DMC is the HW being a line compared to the DW.
If the HW is a line compared to the DW, doesn't that imply a higher dimensionality given that a line is a 1-D object?

I don't think anyone is "embarrassing themselves" simply for giving their opinion on the matter, but as far as this thread itself goes, I suppose the downgrade does make sense given what's been said in the Tier 1 thread.

If the HW is a line compared to the DW, doesn't that imply a higher dimensionality given that a line is a 2-D object?
If you look at the scan, it really doesn't imply dimensional superiority.

If the HW is a line compared to the DW, doesn't that imply a higher dimensionality given that a line is a 1-D object?
The ongoing tier 1 revision would suggest that such size comparisons aren't really usable; You'd still need direct evidence that the DW's 5D axis is infinite, although I'd ask DT for clarification on this point.

Fixed, you are embarrassing yourself right now. Seriously, you need to stop with this habit.

The only valid thing, you have said is "wait for conclusion", so no need to spam here. Anyway, @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara , I agree with your thread, the new standard is pretty much straightforward, but you mind waiting till it gets concluded?

Sure, I'm fine with that.

The ongoing tier 1 revision would suggest that such size comparisons aren't really usable; You'd still need direct evidence that the DW's 5D axis is infinite, although I'd ask DT for clarification on this point.
Fair enough. Not sure I agree with that logic but I also don't exactly care enough to contest it so there's that

I agree with the OP as of the moment. I'm kinda nitpicky on how she phrased it but it gets the general idea that low 2-C being infinitely larger is no longer sufficient and needs actual proof of it being large enough to have higher cardinality (the uncountably infinite universe thing and not just more 2-A).

However, since the scan that supports low 1-C kinda implies endless darkness and line of light
I believe this is something more than 2-C in terms of size
IDK how we rate endless but IIRC it is enough for 2-A or 2-B
or we can just do it on the next thread lmao

I agree with the OP as of the moment. I'm kinda nitpicky on how she phrased it but it gets the general idea that low 2-C being infinitely larger is no longer sufficient and needs actual proof of it being large enough to have higher cardinality (the uncountably infinite universe thing and not just more 2-A).

However, since the scan that supports low 1-C kinda implies endless darkness and line of light
I believe this is something more than 2-C in terms of size
IDK how we rate endless but IIRC it is enough for 2-A or 2-B
or we can just do it on the next thread lmao
Countless is 2-B, Endless is IIRC 2-A.

Since Endless = Infinite.

Fuji did not misinterpret it at all.

Bruh... just see DT next comment, he talking about visual dipicted. So we cannot have the universe as measuring sticks
Yeah, the problem with visual depictions is that you have to violate size in some way if you want to show 5D space in a 2D/3D image.
E.g.
gAWEn6Y.png
This is a somewhat typical way to depict timelines. But you can't really see the width/height/depth of the universes in a way that would allow you to conclude how big the distance between them is. Like, that they are thin lines is obviously a metaphor, not something you could use in pixel scaling. (Otherwise this would just be a bigger 3D space and hence not 5D at all)
He not mean the line literally a line, in fact perceive as line if it mean literally is perceive as 1 dimensional object

I dont know why everyone just read a slice of that thread

Honestly, non-staff people who aren't DMC verse experts should just stop talking at this rate and wait for staff to evaluate this thread.

If this is not honored, I will ask thread mods and admins to delete all and any unnecessary comments that derail from the discussion.

Also, friendly reminder that in Staff-Only threads, only the votes of thread mods or admins are valid.

Why are you bumping so much? I thought you wanted to hold off the thread until that other thread passed (Even though I can see from a glance that the other thread doesn't have much to do with the actual arguments at play here regarding qualitative superiority and what-have-you).

Why are you bumping so much? I thought you wanted to hold off the thread until that other thread passed (Even though I can see from a glance that the other thread doesn't have much to do with the actual arguments at play here regarding qualitative superiority and what-have-you).
I bumped ONCE.

You bumped quite a bit before that thread was even made.

Either way, it would be preferable if you don't bump right now and wait for that other thread to finish (Even though I really see no reason to), or for some more staff to engage in this thread and vote.

I think someone is going to do a compilation of the arguments for DMC stuff so wait for that one or check these ones
This would be very helpful, and since Fuji's arguments haven't really changed, it'd make it easier for the staff to see all the relevant arguments both for and against Tier 1 DMC

It was more so intended as a joke but I'll remove it, plus iirc Bambu often said he doesn't want to be bothered with Tier 1 stuff; or was it 1-A and above specifically. But either way, I don't really understand what is going on and we really don't need to ping every single staff member on this site for a verse specific topic. That's just overkill.

It was more so intended as a joke but I'll remove it, plus iirc Bambu often said he doesn't want to be bothered with Tier 1 stuff; or was it 1-A and above specifically. But either way, I don't really understand what is going on and we really don't need to ping every single staff member on this site for a verse specific topic. That's just overkill.
Not inclined to speak on Tier 1 in general. My joke was in response to tagging all staff for verse-specific work.

Okay, this has finally been applied, we can get back on track now. Anyways, as the new standards clearly state that being larger than a 2-A structure (even infinitely so) isn't low 1-C, then being infinitely larger than low 2-C definitely isn't low 1-C.

Is there any reason why this logic would not apply to DMC?

Okay, this has finally been applied, we can get back on track now. Anyways, as the new standards clearly state that being larger than a 2-A structure (even infinitely so) isn't low 1-C, then being infinitely larger than low 2-C definitely isn't low 1-C.

I. forgot to link the thread that was applied. I have GOT to krill myself.

Also, bump.

I agree with the downgrade FRA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back