• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fuji NEVER Cry [DMC Tier 1 Downgrades Yet Again]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should note that only thread mod votes and admin votes are valid for CRTs to pass through, content mods, CGMs and such don't get their votes to be valid for some reason.

Also, there have been new arguments in development since the 2-A Low 1-C CRT and this CRT.

And this thread (Which I am told will not affect the outcome of the 2-A Low 1-C thread, but will require the "qualitative superiority" argument for anything below 1-A to be removed, since apparently dimensional jumps are not qualitative but quantitative, and will thus use quantitative superiority instead, making the obtaining of Low 1-C a wee bit easier so make what you will of that).

So you will have to wait.

Last edited:
I should note that only thread mod votes and admin votes are valid for CRTs to pass through, content mods, CGMs and such don't get their votes to be valid for some reason.

Also, there have been new arguments in development since the 2-A Low 1-C CRT and this CRT, you will have to wait.
There are three from Ant, DDM and Glassman from what the op has linked. That's as far as I know, but of course if new arguments are brought up the op should wait for them and if they don't hold up then the changes can pass. It's good practice to not close it yet.

There are three from Ant, DDM and Glassman from what the op has linked. That's as far as I know, but of course if new arguments are brought up the op should wait for them and if they don't hold up then the changes can pass. It's good practice to not close it yet.
Apparently 4, Ant, DDM, Glassman and Qawsedf.

Either way, Tier 1 threads require at least 5 to 7 approvals (Thread mod or Admins or a mix of the two).

Also, there have been new arguments in development since the 2-A Low 1-C CRT and this CRT.

And this thread (Which I am told will not affect the outcome of the 2-A Low 1-C thread, but will require the "qualitative superiority" argument for anything below 1-A to be removed, since apparently dimensional jumps are not qualitative but quantitative, and will thus use quantitative superiority instead, making the obtaining of Low 1-C a wee bit easier so make what you will of that).

1- This issue is still in the discussion stage and be assured that this discussion will continue for a very long time.

2-Even if the thread flies, the quantitative superiority will remain the same as the current dimensional jump

So, if you don't mind waiting more than a few months, then you can wait for that thread to conclude, for better or worse.

1- This issue is still in the discussion stage and be assured that this discussion will continue for a very long time.

2-Even if the thread flies, the quantitative superiority will remain the same as the current dimensional jump

So, if you don't mind waiting more than a few months, then you can wait for that thread to conclude, for better or worse.
Quantitative superiority stuff is just one aspect, there are multiple others we are still discussing to bring up in unison here. And it's being accelerated to be ready quickly AFAIK.

Quantitative superiority stuff is just one aspect, there are multiple others we are still discussing to bring up in unison here. And it's being accelerated to be ready quickly AFAIK.
It will take at least a few months for it to be ready quickly, judging by the situation with the OP. Because even if you put aside discussing the OP and its points one by one, and even if this is accepted, it will take just as long to add decisive and eliminative requirements to make it more orderly and correct.

Because DT has a lot of points to read and respond to and discuss with Ultima and you more or less know their discussion

It will take at least a few months for it to be ready quickly, judging by the situation with the OP. Because even if you put aside discussing the OP and its points one by one, and even if this is accepted, it will take just as long to add decisive and eliminative requirements to make it more orderly and correct.
Welp, might not have to wait for long, people cooking and it seems we might be ready for prime-time.

1. I could've sworn there was a thread to give content mods evaluation rights, but I'll update the vote tally later. Still 4-1 though.

2. We are not waiting for Ultima's thread to conclude - not only would it not really impact this thread, but both you and I know it's gonna take AGES to get passed and applied (if at all). Also, it's unlikely that we'd be able to get staff to evaluate this thread a SECOND time, months after votes have already been given, so the vote tally would likely remain as it is now. You're more than welcome to do a re-upgrade thread after the fact, though.

1. I could've sworn there was a thread to give content mods evaluation rights, but I'll update the vote tally later. Still 4-1 though.
That went nowhere last I checked. CGMs were supposed to get rights too but uh... it fizzled out.

2. We are not waiting for Ultima's thread to conclude - not only would it not really impact this thread, but both you and I know it's gonna take AGES to get passed and applied (if at all). Also, it's unlikely that we'd be able to get staff to evaluate this thread a SECOND time, months after votes have already been given, so the vote tally would likely remain as it is now. You're more than welcome to do a re-upgrade thread after the fact, though.
Might not have to wait after all, I hear the DMC side of the arguments are nearly complete.

Whatever they post better acknowledge the difference between countable and uncountable infinity or I stg I'm blowing up this thread and everyone in it.

That was just comedic.

it is not up to you to decide when a thread will conclude, also no you won’t have to wait for long so hold your horses.

Whatever they post better acknowledge the difference between countable and uncountable infinity or I stg I'm blowing up this thread and everyone in it.
Calm down Fuji, that kind of behavior is gonna get you nowhere.

Also, why are you pushing this thread to conclude so aggressively? I get that it'd be worthless to wait for Ultima's thread to conclude and that a full month's passed since the thread was made, but to pass it this quickly without letting the opposing side post their new arguments?

That was just comedic.

it is not up to you to decide when a thread will conclude, also no you won’t have to wait for long so hold your horses.
You're right. It's up to the staff votes. So, remind me what the staff votes look like right now?

In any case, we can't drag out this thread indefinitely. If the arguments are just a rehash of what's been said a million times, then I'm well within my right to apply the edits. Of course, if there ARE new arguments, then I'll at least make an effort to reply to them.

You're right. It's up to the staff votes. So, remind me what the staff votes look like right now?
Drop the condescending attitude, Fuji. I'm not gonna warn you again.

In any case, we can't drag out this thread indefinitely. If the arguments are just a rehash of what's been said a million times, then I'm well within my right to apply the edits.
That's not your decision to make either. It's up to staff. So wait for them to vote.

"It's up to staff". Staff have decided the revision is valid and that I would be allowed to apply the edits. I don't HAVE to let you make that response, and I don't HAVE to respond to it, because you are at a 4-1 disadvantage here.

"It's up to staff". Staff have decided the revision is valid and that I would be allowed to apply the edits. I don't HAVE to let you make that response, and I don't HAVE to respond to it, because you are at a 4-1 disadvantage here.
Did you just forget that I said threads like this require a 5-7 staff vote count to be considered applicable at large, or did you just willingly not read the finer print?

Did you just forget that I said threads like this require a 5-7 staff vote count to be considered applicable at large, or did you just willingly not read the finer print?
Is there an actual rule that can vouch for this? Because it's not one I've seen before, and one that I'm fairly certain hasn't been followed that closely.

I don't care what happens in this thread, but there will be an absurdly very long discussion in the Ultima's thread(yeah, i can feel that.) I don't think it will affect this issue, but if you have the patience to wait for months, I can't say anything. but if you want to continue, i think you guys need to wait for at least one more staff member.

Even if you have a complete admin vote count in your favor, it's common decency to have opposition approval before concluding, especially if the opposition is verse experts.

You can try and close this thread and apply your downgrade, I will just have it open again and make you undo your edits.

I straight up do not see the 5-7 vote requirement, am I blind or are you just extrapolating that from tier 1 threads needing more votes than normal?

EDIT: A quick Ctrl + F shows that the words give or seven (or 5 or 7) aren't on the page you linked at all, so uhhhhhh idk what the hell you're talking about.
Even if you have a complete admin vote count in your favor, it's common decency to have opposition approval before concluding, especially if the opposition is verse experts.

You can try and close this thread and apply your downgrade, I will just have it open again and make you undo your edits.
You're joking, right? Threads do NOT need to be approved by people who disagree with them, otherwise nothing would get passed at all. You've had ample opportunity to make your case - and people still disagree with you. There is no reason for you to drag this on indefinitely.

Hell, multiple DMC supporters have already agreed with me, so this point is moot.

I straight up do not see the 5-7 vote requirement, am I blind or are you just extrapolating that from tier 1 threads needing more votes than normal?
Lephyr herself told me this. I would have no reason to extrapolate. Plus the rules clearly state:

• It is essential that at least one staff member is present during any content revision process, as their expertise and knowledge of a verse will be instrumental in ensuring the integrity and accuracy of the revised material. Any suggested changes that do not meet the necessary approval standards will not be implemented.
    • In cases where the series verse has a significant following or a large amount of material has been published based on its content, it may be necessary to seek approval from a minimum of three staff members to ensure that all relevant parties are aware of and agree with the proposed revisions.
      • It is important to note that this requirement should not be interpreted as a guarantee that the proposed revisions will be approved if a minimum of three staff members have given their approval. In cases involving big or controversial changes, or in situations where a verse is one where many of our staff members are knowledgeable, it may be advisable to involve as many staff members as possible in the review and approval process. This requirement is in place to ensure that revisions to popular or widely-recognized series verses are thoroughly reviewed and approved by a sufficient number of individuals with the necessary expertise and knowledge.
    • For content revisions that affect Tier 2 or higher, the participation of at least one Administrator in the review and approval process is required.
      • The Administrator(s) should provide their evaluations and input regarding the suggested revision, and their decision will be given significant weight in the final determination of approval.
    • The review and approval of content revisions that affect tiers 1 and 0 or that are highly controversial should be conducted by a larger number of staff members in order to ensure that all relevant parties are aware of and agree with the proposed changes. It is essential that these revisions are evaluated by staff members who possess a reasonable level of genuine understanding and expertise in these areas in order to maintain the accuracy and quality of the revised material.
    • Input from highly respected members of the community, such as experts on the topic, should be taken into consideration when determining the necessary level of review and approval.

Then why argue here? Have this thread closed, and apply the edits. We'll see from there.
Well for starters I have to do "work" at my "job", a concept I'm aware is foreign to most VS debaters.
Lephyr herself told me this. I would have no reason to extrapolate. Plus the rules clearly state:

• The review and approval of content revisions that affect tiers 1 and 0 or that are highly controversial should be conducted by a larger number of staff members in order to ensure that all relevant parties are aware of and agree with the proposed changes. It is essential that these revisions are evaluated by staff members who possess a reasonable level of genuine understanding and expertise in these areas in order to maintain the accuracy and quality of the revised material.
  • Input from highly respected members of the community, such as experts on the topic, should be taken into consideration when determining the necessary level of review and approval.
AKA this isn't something you can just half-ass with 3 staff and call it a day.
...So you really did just pull the 5-7 number out of nowhere, huh. Alright. Glad to see we've reached the "just straight up lying" stage of this thread. Also, we have 4 staff approvals.

I will apply the edits after work.

...So you really did just pull the 5-7 number out of nowhere, huh. Alright. Glad to see we've reached the "just straight up lying" stage of this thread. Also, we have 4 staff approvals.

So you're just going to accuse me of lying multiple times after I literally said Lephyr said you'd need that many staff. Really off to a terrific start here.

Well for starters I have to do "work" at my "job", a concept I'm aware is foreign to most VS debaters.

You’ve already been warned before for your behavior in this thread so could you please not revert back to that same behavior?

So you're just going to accuse me of lying multiple times after I literally said Lephyr said you'd need that many staff. Really off to a terrific start here.
"Lephyr said" doesn't mean it's in the rules, which it definitely isn't. I'll endorse Fuji applying these edits, if not their attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back