• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fuji NEVER Cry [DMC Tier 1 Downgrades Yet Again]

Status
Not open for further replies.
gonna be honest, nothing there says 5-7. it says 3 minimum, with at least 1 admin involved. by the words there, it could be 3 or 4. nothing explicitly says 5-7
Those are for the normal CRTs below Tier 1.

Those are for the normal CRTs below Tier 1.
For content revisions that affect Tier 2 or higher, the participation of at least one Administrator in the review and approval process is required.
The review and approval of content revisions that affect tiers 1 and 0 or that are highly controversial should be conducted by a larger number of staff members in order to ensure that all relevant parties are aware of and agree with the proposed changes.
there is nothing here that gives the specific number "5-7". It says "3 minimum", "1 admin should be involved", "should be conducted by a larger number of staff". sounds like a minimum of 4, which this CRT has already

there is nothing here that gives the specific number "5-7". It says "3 minimum", "1 admin should be involved", "should be conducted by a larger number of staff". sounds like a minimum of 4, which this CRT has already
Then a concrete number should be applied across the board. Because this was certainly not the impression I had on many other prior Tier 1 threads.

And that gets us to our 5 vote count.
The rule is 3.

Most of the comments were not contributing to the discussion, so it doesn't take as long as you think. However, I started reading when the original report was made. There's a reason the staff vote on this was so heavily in favor of passing, it's because the reasoning is sound.

The void is called an infinite abyss but also a pocket dimensions....seems kinda contradictory. I also disagree with the mirror world being the whole humand world as we see it pretty evidently cutting off just outside the castle.

In this video the sky is seen cut off, something resembling the sun is literally next to the castle and we see no horizon or anything or even the rest of the island. Considering in the start of the game we see the full view of the island and an actual curvature of the planet something not shown here it's pretty evident this dimension is little larger than the castle itself: we literally see where the dimension stops and a thick veil is beyond it.

Also you never debunked the mirror world. We literally see where it fricking ends. It's not as if we never see it and we have to think about how it is. We see the dimension cutting off and you offered nothing for that beyond the etymology of the world mirror.

And if they successfully contest it, we can update the policy, but that's not what the policy is now.
Even the current policy states that 3 staff members are required alongside 1 admin, but that this alone does not guarantee a straight pass. So regardless of whether the bar stays the same or not, the above ruling would still apply and case-by-case basis would be needed.

Also, new arguments have been made. Some staff have wished to comment on this.

Last edited:
So funny weather means dimension is cut off now?

What did you expect? Dante to grab hold of a space-ship and travel over the space or sumthin? I have already addressed these arguements.
Where? This is no funny weather. We see it being cut off and be a standalone structure with nothing pointing to anything existing beyond that. If you have something to say to that then please post it.

Even the current policy states that 3 staff members are required alongside 1 admin, but that this alone does not guarantee a straight pass.
No, the current policy is that 2 staff votes are required, and that 3 might be required if the verse has a significant following, and that 1 admin is required for Tier 2 and above.

This thread won't be delayed indefinitely. A 5-1 staff vote is sufficient, the thread has been stalled long enough. Fuji is free and clear to apply the edits from this successful CRT.

Now that I'm here, after reading the arguments and the posted blog, andI'm alright with the blog proposal, especially in regard to the overaching timeline encompassing the parallel universes, being Low 1-C.

Also, can we not rush CRTs generally? The minimum requirement being vague and currently contested aside, I don't think there's been nearly enough staff input on this thread for it to be a done deal that quickly, in spite of arguments against it. And as far as I'm aware, we don't cut off threads mid-argument this way, especially in Tier 1.

Anyway, can someone list all the staff that have participated so far? I want to tag them for the new blog at least since it summarizes the arguments a lot better than the 5 page back and forth.

Also, can we not rush CRTs generally?
This thread started almost two months ago.

I don't think there's been nearly enough staff input on this thread for it to be a done deal that quickly
Our policy is that 3 votes are required for popular verses. This has 5. It's been approved by enough staff.

And as far as I'm aware, we don't cut off threads mid-argument this way, especially in Tier 1.
This just isn't a tenable approach. Arguments can go on basically forever if someone chooses to stonewall.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back