• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Frisk Noir vs The Huntress

GreyFang82

He/Him
Storytime: Now this was an odd case. This one was out of state, apparently there has been reports of mass kidnappings and murders at a remote part of the country near forrests. The pay looked good, so that didn't really deter him. When he finally made it to the closest town to the area he decided not to waste anytime and hopped into his car and made his way to the vacant houses. A few hours past and he had found a few things. Images and scenes where men had their skulls split open by an axe litered most of the houses, but also images of a women wearing a bunny mask taking little girls toward the nearby woods. He lit up a match and made his way into the woods.

A few hours past and the sky started to grow an orange-red. He should probably head back befor- clink a hatchet barely missed his skull and hit the tree nearby. "Good grief..." Frisk said as he pulled out his revovler "looks like I'll be getting to the hotel later than I thought". Frisk was face to face with a woman wearing a bunny mask, the same bunny mask he saw in the visions, holding a fireaxe and a hachet standing a few meters away.

Both 9-B

Speed is Equal

Fight takes place with the two a few meters apart

Who wins and why?

Frisk (Noirtale):

The Huntress:

Inconclusive:

Now, first off, AP is really less relevant in a 9-B match when both characters use blades and/or guns.

Give me a moment to type up my response.

Given this is a lower-tiered fight, this comes down to abilities.

When the battle starts, the first thing to note is that there will be no use for stealth in this battle, since they are too close to each other. The Huntress' passive Fear Aura will activate, but Noir s is me to resist somewhat. The Huntress will begin throwing axes and using various abilities, and given she's fought gun users before, she's certainly not going to make herself an easy target.

As well, Huntress clearly seems to have more combat experience. While not smart academically, she has taken down many German soldiers and hunters, while Noir's intelligence is specialized in detective work. Her attacks are going to be quite accurate.

Given their close proximity, her Fear Aura is incredibly useful here (Possibly enough to overwhelm the resistance), but The Huntress has more. Status Reduction can ruin Noir's chances at dodging with lowered speeds. A resistance to pain means Huntress can even get shot a few times and continue fighting. Mangled slows down Noir's healing, Exhaustion make some it harder to dodge, and Hemmorage makes things messy with blood. She even has some more situational abilities such as Rage Mode if they come up. Huntress can also negate Extrasensory Perception.

Overall, I think Huntress takes this. She counters most of Noir's abilities, and unless Noir instantly gets a shot to the head on Huntress, Noir will succumb to pain while Huntress will not.

Um, Noir has Indomitable will + empathy resist. How good is her fear? because Toriel can effect an entire room of people with her ability and Noir was completely unfazed so I think he resists fear. (Assuming Empathy is like Mind Manipualtion in terms of potency being measured by amount of people)

Noir's regen is actually just W. D. Gaster stitching matter back onto him, so if she can somehow negate matter manipuatlion then her mangle is good to go.

Noir has fought gangs of monsters all at once even before he got his powers so I don't think Noir is outclassed in fighting experience.

Monsters are not as skilled as trained Russian soldiers, no. As well, she has fought her entire, extended life and has plenty of experience.

Well if that's how his regen works, then that will work. But an axe to the head's going to put Noir out, or at least long enough for an axe to the brain stem. (She can probably recognize the fact that Noir is healing, even if it's a wee bit beyond what she can negate.)

Her fear can affect, for example, a group of trained Russian soldiers (I think). I would say that Noir could resist it until she gets close, since it gets stronger the closer she gets to him.

Wait, if her fear effects russian soldiers then her taking them down is kinda brought down in impressiveness because they could have just sat there too scared to move as she chopped them apart. Also do you know how many soldiers there were? Because I think it would be safe to say there were multiple dozens of people in the club who were effected. I just don't know why she can just negate fear resist, is there a feat where someone who resists fear in Dying Light (In that canon not the canon of the games they come from) gets scared of her?

The monsters where gansters I might add, and most DID fight in a war. Which is still canon in my AU.

An axe through the head will slow Noir quite a bit but he'll keep going until his head is removed from his shoulders.

I would imagine it affected the Russian Soldiers. I'm really not sure at all, since it is passive, but she can choose to turn it off. So..

Possibly?

Having fought in a war doesn't necessarily mean skill. Gangsters are lower in skill than trained soldiers, and anyone can fight in a militia. I really don't see Huntress getting outskilled seeing how she's been doing this for a very, very long amount of time. (Immortality Type 1, although exact age is unknown.)

It can't be both ways. It can't be "It effects a group of russians" and "she is skilled enough to kill them even with their training and numbers without fear manipulation"

First of all, I'm honestly not sure if her aura was up or not.

Second of all, it can. It means her abilities and skill allows her to sneak up on them, avoid gunfire, and take out multiple of them at once.

Eh... Not sure. I mean yes she can do that right? But that's for stealth and fear. In theory she could have fought all of them in a 1v1 while the others were too scard to move or could have stealth away after fighing 1. Which brings down her skill. This is even the case if she only used it sometimes not all the time which would mean she still be assumed to have fought less of them at a time.

If you say she didn't use fear at all, then her fear manipulation is not clear in it's potency.

'Groups' implies more than one group of German soldiers, by the way, so it's not just a one-time instance.

As well, it's passive, but she has the option to turn it off.

I'd have to ask someone who knows far more about the verse to know it's potency.

I'm pretty sure the little summary says group or heck, lets just say groups came after her which could mean one of two things: They came all at once or they came with a time gap between encounters. If it wasn't all at once then it still probably doesn't have the sheer number of influence then a packed club of people.

She has the option, which as you can see from my arguments above, leads to negatives in terms of feats no matter what time she uses it.

That's fair to ask someone else.

Really, the point is, she has regularly fought groups (The profile says groups) of well-trained enemies, and has far more experience in both time and situation than Frisk.

So... russian soldiers from some random point in time > Monsters that fought through hundreds of years of war against humans then turned into gansters?

Feats matter more than not. Especially if this is Undertale we are talking about, and the monsters are remotely comparable, most monsters show basically no actual skill, and plenty of them are down-right dumb.

I mean yeah, that's a fair assumption for canon Undertale. I just don't see how she takes this match easily. I mean the fact he would resist the fear aura might put her off considering that has never happened. Even getting hit doesn't mean he wouldn't be able to hit her with a gun shot. Also last I check i have never seen anything saying a shot to the legs won't slow her down or a shoot to the arm making it harder to swing the axe.

It doesn't help that if Frisk does get hit by a hatchet and pulls it out, he'll be able to use and throw the hatchet just as her as he would absorb all the knowledge and experiences she had with that hatchet and axe because of Psychometry. Hell he might be able to predict her combat style.

She has pain resistance, so unless hit with vitals, shooting her will barely shoot her down at all.

She likely takes this with more difficulty since the regen doesn't work and the resistance is quite potent, but I still think she takes this.

I'all concede she is more skilled... until frisk gets hit. At that point her whole history and tactics is revealed to him upon grabbing her weapon. Meaning she'll be hard pressed to hit him again, while Frisk knows all her hit and run tactics and what she would lead with.

Edit: also she wouldn't lead with a head shot until after the first few hits, so I think frisk definitely lives long enough to learn her Tatics and skills.

Eh, I'm doubtful. Once her debuffs set in, Frisk really won't be able to compete with her anymore.

Back