• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Frieza and Android 17 upgrade (Staff Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeyu

VS Battles
Retired
Brought to light in this thread, but said thread got too cluttered, and so I'm bringing it over here instead.

It seems that the staff is split as to whether or not we should support a High 3-A or Low 2-C rating for these characters, but the fact remains that there is decent support for it. However, as a note/disclaimer, this would only apply to the last episode of the series, in that Goku says that all three of the fighters as well as Jiren have gone beyond their limits, and would require a separate, post-ToP key; this was what was largely agreed on in the waning hours of the previous thread. This would also not apply to Kefla or Anilaza, as the reasoning for these upgrades is based off of consistency up till this point and the statement made in 131, so it would only apply to 130 and beyond.

Furthermore, the statement that "Jiren was just simply weakened", is not necessarily applicable, and even Vegeta acknowledged that Jiren had "gotten past his issues" and Goku stated that "Even all of us together might not be enough to beat him", with Gohan stating that "an amazing amount of energy is gathering in Jiren", and Toppo finally stating that all their hopes and dreams empowered Jiren in the last moments of the tournament at the end. Jiren's last powerup reached out to the bleachers, and everyone seemed to be taking guard from its pressure.

Proof of Goku's statement:

Ll

NOTE: STAFF ONLY

High 3-A is out of the question. Low 2-C is a given at this point.

Btw Aeyu, you probably should post the Staff Only part at the end of the thread title so when it appears in someone's notifications they see it says "Staff Only". Otherwise they're just gonna keep posting.

My reason is that Frieza and 17 broke pass their limits so why are only Saiyans getting upgraded? Frieza and 17 at this point are > First UI Goku who got upgraded to Low 2-C for fighting a ridiculously restricted Jiren and only barely scratched his cheek. I wish people would stop downplaying people in the same series they keep upgrading every week...

Also, thankies!

Edit: Also, what Rice said.

I agree with what has already been stated by @Aeyu, @Sera, and @UMR.

Low 2-C in a separate post tournament key, correct? That'd be nice way to provide an upgrade to Freezer and best park ranger without completely screwing up the previous 3-A scaling.

That's exactly the ticket. No one else would scale to this because logically it only takes into account 130 and the final episode; that way everyone's happy.

@Soldier

Maybe someday. >`>

He DID say he was going for a form nobody ever saw before... (hopes blindly)

Aeyu said:
Maybe someday. >`>

He DID say he was going for a form nobody ever saw before... (hopes blindly)
And Vegeta did say that Gohan's potential was far greater than his own and Goku's. For Vegeta of all people to say that is quite something.

Yeah, Gohan was unable to beat Dyspo even with Frieza's help, and had to resort to trickery.

He really has to shape up and start working hard to get stronger.

I don't necessarily know if that's the case, as much as it is that they broke their limits and were able to fight against Jiren.

I also think that they simply broke through their limits, similarly to Vegeta.

Oh. I didn't know that, I apologize >~>

I saw a spammy looking comment with a blue name and pre-emptively deleted it.

@Kepe so...why did Goku get upgraded to Low 2-C after first UI?

The power of the almighty CTRL+V. Anyway, I'll check the old thread, as long as there isn't too much scrolling >.>

I still don't think it's an outlier, since a very specific reason is explictly stated as to why. Besides, there's been debates about this for month and the thing is, how many things are we going to consider outliers?

I think that Frieza and 17 just grew stronger, as happens quite frequently in Dragon Ball.

I agree with Ant. With a reason why, it makes more sense. If it hadn't been explained as to why, I wouldn't necessarily support such a rating. I would like to emphasize that this would only be for episodes 130+. Before this they would both likely stay 3-A.

Plz forgive me and all for coming into a Staff Only thread but what about Base Goku since he was also able to fight back against Jiren w/ Frieza's help? (dont worry this will be the only time i will type here I wont type here again but plz read this b4 u guys do anythign else)

I think that ignoring feats and statements over and over is akin to cherrypicking tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back