• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Frieza and Android 17 upgrade (Staff Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sera Loveheart said:
I mean, it's quite ridiculous from a writing standpoint, but I'm not going to dismiss it as an outlier when Vegeta got upgraded prior to fighting Toppo for the same damn reaso.
Apparently, in DBS, only Saiyans get upgraded. When it's anyone else? No dice
Yes, this is why Toppo the Universe 11 Saiyan is Low 2-C. And Vegeta got a new form, my dudette.

You don't need a new form. And Goku said they surpassed their limits. Goku wasn't surpressed and he broke his limits, sure Zenkai boost but Jiren isn't a Saiyan and he broke his limits as well.

Can someone tell me what changed from the last time this was debunked, other than 17 being weaker than before due to him barely surviving, and Freeza being worn out?

Literally nothing.

The justification is also a problem, we can't put a key as Low 2-C for them as End of Tournament of Power for one or two episodes and put they broke their limits which allowed them to fight with Jire as a justification because its a bad one for trying to justify many asspulls in the series since they are not saiyans that gets stronger through a Zenkai boost nor the series is an RPG where characters gets stronger by fighting or defeating an opponent.

Matt, I said prior to fighting Toppo. I don't care if he's a saiyan, he didn't even get a Zenkai boost, he got a nakama power-up. FYI I'm referring to when he and Goku fought Jiren. This was before he fought Low 2-C Toppo.

JustSomeWeirdo said:
Except Limit Breaking is a very legitimate power up in DBS
Except current Frieza and 17 are even more worn out than before, and same with Jiren. It is circular scaling at this point.

PaChi2 said:
@Sera only people with new forms get upgraded.

Im pretty sure that if Frieza had gotten a "Silver Frieza" we wouldnt be having this arguement.
I'm not even going to tell you how ridiculous that is.

PaChi2 said:
Well, the jiren they fight in 131 may or may not be Low 2-C.

I believe we should settle that and upgrade or not after that. If its decided its not tier 2, no upgrade, if it is, then upgrade?
^?

Arguements for and against Low 2-C episode 131 jiren?

Matthew Schroeder said:
I don't know but the Strawman Fallacy is pretty ridiculous. Please debate with actual arguments and not accusations.
Im not arguing against you.

Who is Strawmaning? What accusations? May I remind you that you accused Aeyu of hiding outliers? Vegeta didn't have a Low 2-C feat until he beat Toppo but he was still upgraded. That's going against things previously agreed with in regards to another character.

Aeyu said:
Then I heavily support a straight Low 2-C by means of it being stated and shown that they had broken their limits and hold to that, period.

The fact is that Jiren powered up to a level strong enough to impress the bleachers again, and had been stated to "Put his previous issues away". Apples and oranges, and you're not going to change my mind, sorry.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I am sorry, Darkanine, but the Jiren they fight isn't Low 2-C. They have made no arguments as to why he is.
I recall something about the fiery aura being > the red aura he displayed against firsg UI goku

Sera Loveheart said:
Who is Strawmaning? What accusations? May I remind you that you accused Aeyu of hiding outliers?
I didn't accuse, I state a tactic that is very much used. The Golden Mean Fallacy, which is used to hide outliers by picking up an arbitrary middle-ground.

The strawman fallacy is accusing Kep and I of only being against due to a lack of transformations.

PaChi2 said:
I recall something about the fiery aura being > the red aura he displayed against firsg UI goku
Jiren's Aura is just a demonstration that he is actually putting some effort. If a fighter isn't putting all his effort, he would have a Ki Aura. If he is, he will have.

It no way proves that Warrior with Aura > Warrior without Aura, unless you think that Classic Dragon Ball people are above Pre Episode 110 Jiren.

The only two in this thread as far as I am reading, not altogether.

Btw Gohan said that Jiren was "gathering an incredible energy" or something along those lines, after he powered up when Frieza was about to eliminate him.

Neutral myself, but maybe it helps

To be fair, once again, there were many on both sides of the fence.

And @Kaltias, that is indeed what happened. Vegeta also mentioned that Jiren had "gotten over his issues". Freeza didn't think Jiren was a threat again until he powered up again, which prompted Jiren to power up so hard that Freeza lost his Golden form, which is when right after Goku mentioned that all of them had broken their limits.

Then I'll consider all of their opinions, I'm still reading the thread btw.

It's literally the plot point.

Jiren is harshly wounded and out of energy, which is why people like 17 and Freeza even matter anymore. Followed by vague "You have broken your limits" hero talk after Jiren powers-up.

It's literally why they can fight him. He is wounded and extremely exhausted. He has been brought down to a manageable level.

I still don't know why you guys are vouching for this.

I never said that someone being praised = Low 2-C?

I meant that "he is gathering an incredible energy" doesn't really sound like "he is far weaker than his standard but still strong".

I'll say something which you'll try to crawl all over, but trying to find a middle ground isn't always "golden mean fallacy". It's trying to reconcile two valid viewpoints. Otherwise I can't see this thread ending with anything but bitterness from whichever side "loses".

Let's see.

17 who trained presumably alone while fighting off poachers and protecting animals went from weaker than second form Cell to holding back against a restrained SSB Goku and shielding against his kamehameha entirely.

Frieza who trained for (4?) months with fodder and went from Namek level to SSB.

Both of which beat down a full powered Toppo together with ki attacks, even though 17 was barely hanging on to his ki clash with Toppo instead of getting outright blasted. Think SSJ2 Gohan vs Perfect Cell before Goku gave him that pep talk. Same circumstances.

17 pushed through Anilaza's ki beam which the top 5 members of U7 were struggling against, and damaged it's energy reactor.

17, Goku and Vegeta both fought FP Jiren off at once, and he took a direct kick and ki blast. He then manages to damage Jiren from behind where he couldn't guard against it, confirmed by U11 Kaioshin. He tells Goku he's barely ok, and Goku says he's impressive.

17 uses all his power to destroy Jiren's blast, while multi-layer shielding Goku and Vegeta to survive the knockback.

17 then goes up against Beefcake 3000 Jiren and says "this time, it's really going to hurt", implying he's using more power than last time, then when Jiren tried to prevent the attack 17 throws a shield around them, making them both take the whole blast. Jiren's entire universe was shocked at the beating he took.

Then 17 and Frieza attempted to shield against Jiren when he found his resolve, but their shield broke, then base Goku came to help, and the three of them destroyed Jiren's energy wave, and base Goku + base Frieza defeated him.

Frieza seems more outlierish in the sense that his only difficult solo opponent was Toppo. Dyspo was just fast, and Anilaza was a team effort. Everyone else was fodder to him, so he put in less work than 17, who consistently played a part in most top-tier battles.

I have no idea why you suggest Jiren being exauhsted and injured makes him below Low 2-C when he's never shown power below that in the TOP. Even when ridiculously restricted he has a Low 2-C feat. How does being exauhsted and injured lower your tier when your lowest feat is Universal+?

Sera Loveheart said:
I have no idea why you suggest Jiren being exauhsted and injured makes him below Low 2-C when he's never shown power below that in the TOP. Even when ridiculously restricted he has a Low 2-C feat. How does being exauhsted and injured lower your tier when your lowest feat is Universal+?
This.

I agree with Aeyu, Sera, and Darkanine.

I also agree with Sera and Raven about that we should make an effort to maintain a good tone towards each other.

Anyway, I didn't close the old thread to silence the majority, but because it was very long, and received too many replies too fast. I thought that this would be a more organised way of doing things, not that some of the participants would get upset with each other.

Also, from what I remember of the old thread, more non-staff members agreed with Aeyu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back