• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Franky (OP) vs Kurama (YYH)

then can you do it with this character?

then can you do it with this character?
I've never seen this verse, but I'll see what I can do~

monkey-lick.gif

Just to note: Franky is actually probably more versatile, or at the very least they're equal. Also Franky does restrain/grip in character and he does have the higher LS to do so. Then again Kurama could plant a bud in Franky and go from there. (Though his body is part metal so who knows~~)

Franky is actually probably more versatile
Kurama has illusions, ki abilities, whip techniques, martial arts, many many summoning, healing, paralysis, and more.
From what I remember, Franky has air blasts, fire breath, projectiles, and fist fighting.

Kurama has illusions, ki abilities, whip techniques, martial arts, many many summoning, healing, paralysis, and more.
His ki abilities revolve around using his actual abilities. He uses his abilities by manipulating his ki.

Franky should be the better fighter at cqc, but he does have a potential advantage with his whip range, and possibly planting a plant that'll kill Franky if given the chance.

Everything else is fair.
From what I remember, Franky has air blasts, fire breath, projectiles, and fist fighting.
Fireballs, shooting nails out of his mouth, Sideburns that he can throw as sharp edges, Canons in his shoulders, Bullets, Very powerful Air Blasts, Boxing, Shields, Explosives, Grappling by grabbing or Centaur form. He has alotta stuff.

Expert > Skilled.

But regardless, Kurama iirc has only fought with a whip in verse. So he's a skilled whip user. Which wouldn't help at all if Franky gets right up in his face. (Unless like I said before he plants one of his deadly plants in Franky, then he could potentially immobilize him)

I mean first... You don't compare skills like that... You can be a novice swordsman and beat a skilled martial artist...

A boxer is usually the one that's more defensive and attacking at the same time... While other martial arts usually leaves you more open.

Franky is proficient grappler... If kuruma gets close, he getting demolished... No martial arts helping against grapples unless you are insane insane like a master.

Endurance easily goes to Franky... I can see him going the distance and finally oversmarting and slaming him multiple times with finding no way out against Franky's lifting/grip strength

Counted.

Just want to put it out there for those who don't really know Kurama very much. Kurama is a very analytical fighter, and will rarely go close unless he plans on planting seeds into his opponent. Since he has a whip, he'll always try to keep the distance, and just as Kachon said, he does have illusions that should work on Franky (or maybe not..? He's a cyborg afterall. But I dunno if he has any feats against it so..).

He also has plants that can control you from the inside once planted inside of you, however Franky does have the LS to resist it, but he'll need to remove the seed or it will kill him if it fully grows. The chances of him actually removing it though is very low, cause he probably wouldn't care to take it out once he realizes the control won't work.

Kurama also has plants that respond to movement and body heat, which should allow Kurama to stop Franky in his tracks. (Then again he's a cyborg, so he should really be able to tank it).

There's also a plant that sucks out blood from the opponent. Franky does indeed have blood, but he could probably yank it out with his higher LS and tear it apart.

Janenju is a cool ability that once planted inside, it will feed on the opponent's memories, and continually replay their biggest fears/worst memories (Franky's possibly being the loss of Tom) until they're struck dead. If the victim struggles, then the tree will grow more tendrils to restrain them, however as I've said before, Franky does have the higher LS to break free. (Though the question is whether he'll break down, or get a rage boost from it. I'm willing to assume the latter.)

He also does have healing, which allows his plants to merge with his cells, to instinctively repair damage on his body, as long as his brain is intact.

Kurama also does have the means to deflect most of Franky's ranged versatile moveset with his whips, and trees and plants.

Not really trying to sway anyone per se, just didn't want this to become a blind FRA train.

Also Kurama should be far more agile and acrobatic than Franky, so it will be hard for Franky to actually land a grapple unless Kurama allows him to (to potentially plant a plant) or is just standing still for some reason.

Counted.

Just want to put it out there for those who don't really know Kurama very much. Kurama is a very analytical fighter, and will rarely go close unless he plans on planting seeds into his opponent. Since he has a whip, he'll always try to keep the distance, and just as Kachon said, he does have illusions that should work on Franky (or maybe not..? He's a cyborg afterall. But I dunno if he has any feats against it so..).

He also has plants that can control you from the inside once planted inside of you, however Franky does have the LS to resist it, but he'll need to remove the seed or it will kill him if it fully grows. The chances of him actually removing it though is very low, cause he probably wouldn't care to take it out once he realizes the control won't work.

Kurama also has plants that respond to movement and body heat, which should allow Kurama to stop Franky in his tracks. (Then again he's a cyborg, so he should really be able to tank it).

There's also a plant that sucks out blood from the opponent. Franky does indeed have blood, but he could probably yank it out with his higher LS and tear it apart.

Janenju is a cool ability that once planted inside, it will feed on the opponent's memories, and continually replay their biggest fears/worst memories (Franky's possibly being the loss of Tom) until they're struck dead. If the victim struggles, then the tree will grow more tendrils to restrain them, however as I've said before, Franky does have the higher LS to break free. (Though the question is whether he'll break down, or get a rage boost from it. I'm willing to assume the latter.)

He also does have healing, which allows his plants to merge with his cells, to instinctively repair damage on his body, as long as his brain is intact.

Kurama also does have the means to deflect most of Franky's ranged versatile moveset with his whips, and trees and plants.
Also Kurama should be far more agile and acrobatic than Franky, so it will be hard for Franky to actually land a grapple unless Kurama allows him to (to potentially plant a plant) or is just standing still for some reason.
Again... Franky has the Smarts, Endurance and Body to work against those... At the end he will finally grab him with Franky's reach or grab the whip and bring him to him and ones there, he won't have any way to escape and time to do anything while getting his head slammed and crushed repeatedly.
Not really trying to sway anyone per se, just didn't want this to become a blind FRA train.
🐵👍

Again... Franky has the Smarts, Endurance and Body to work against those... At the end he will finally grab him with Franky's reach or grab the whip and bring him to him and ones there, he won't have any way to escape and time to do anything while getting his head slammed and crushed repeatedly.
Yeah I agree with Endurance and Body. In fact I even mentioned that he just breaks his way through most of the stuff Kurama throws at him cause of his Body, Endurance, and LS.

As for smarts, not saying he's dumb, but Kurama is definitely far smarter, in an analytical/combat sense. Franky isn't a dumb fighter but he's the type to just tank and push through attacks, instead of actually being "smart" about the way he fights. Much like his fight against Senior Pink, I doubt he'll try dodging most of Kurama's attacks. He'll probably try tanking them because of his body.

You also have to realize that a good amount of his moves take cola as well. Though he might not use his attacks that require them very much, he'll probably just resort to grappling, much like you said. Also a BIG disadvantage, is the fact that his back isn't made out of steel. All Kurama needs is a flesh wound and he will wear him down with his numerous of plants and abilities. Now, don't get me wrong, Franky can just- tank them. But Kurama is what you'd call a "runner" in a video game. He WILL NOT get close if he's in a disadvantage.

Remember, the location is in a round tournament. He can just circle the tournament slowly cracking down on Franky's easily exploitable weakness. And since Kurama has the higher stamina between the two, and Kurama virtually isn't taking damage unless Franky gets close, he could get the W this way.

As for grabbing his whip. Yeah, he can't really do much lol. As soon as Franky grabs the whip, he should take it. UNLESS Kurama plants a seed in Franky's back, to get him off, and go back from square 1.

I'd like to get more input from other people who know YYH outside of me but I don't know many people who do.. x.x

Much like his fight against Senior Pink, I doubt he'll try dodging most of Kurama's attacks. He'll probably try tanking them because of his body.
That's a fight between two grapplers and men as an act of respect with each other... Using that fight to say he will just tank stuff isn't that accurate... But still kinda tanks stuff
And since Kurama has the higher stamina between the two
Yee... Franky's stamina needs a crt
Also a BIG disadvantage, is the fact that his back isn't made out of steel. All Kurama needs is a flesh wound and he will wear him down with his numerous of plants and abilities. Now, don't get me wrong, Franky can just- tank them. But Kurama is what you'd call a "runner" in a video game. He WILL NOT get close if he's in a disadvantage.

Remember, the location is in a round tournament. He can just circle the tournament slowly cracking down on Franky's easily exploitable weakness. And since Kurama has the higher stamina between the two, and Kurama virtually isn't taking damage unless Franky gets close, he could get the W this way.

As for grabbing his whip. Yeah, he can't really do much lol. As soon as Franky grabs the whip, he should take it. UNLESS Kurama plants a seed in Franky's back, to get him off, and go back from square 1.
These are all if kurama even knows Franky has a back weakness... Which I don't see him finding out until he gets close. 🤷‍♂️

That's a fight between two grapplers and men as an act of respect with each other... Using that fight to say he will just tank stuff isn't that accurate... But still kinda tanks stuff
Fair enough.
Yee... Franky's stamina needs a crt
😈
These are all if kuruma even knows Franky has a back weakness... Which I don't see him finding out until he gets close. 🤷‍♂️
Well, I don't think it should be too hard. But yeah I guess it really depends on when he eventually finds out.

Counted.

👍

Not only can Kurama easily find Franky's weaknesses, but he is also way smarter, and has hundreds of years more experience than Franky.

No basis.
They are both rated as genius on their pages, but for different reasons. Kurama in combat and analytical situations while Franky's is for building and engineering. Kurama is the smarter fighter. Like there isn't a contest between the two.

Back