• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Franky (OP) vs Kurama (YYH)

He can set up plans and stuff but he won't be able to notice Franky's weakness until he gets grappled where he can't do much

I have seen some of he's fights... And nothing comes of as genius 🤷‍♂️
Okay so fight number 1
  • Context: Kurama was fighting an enemy who can travel through stone (think of Pica from OP), and he wasn't able to sense his ki, so what he did instead, was release the petals from his rose so that the smell of the rose will fill the whole room, so that when he did come out of the ground, his smell would be easy to catch.
  • In the same fight, Kurama was able to find the enemy's weakness while being pummeled by tons of rocks, after finding it he exploited said weakness and defeated him.

Fight number 2
  • Context: Kurama was fighting an opponent he was far too fast for, however he had to stop fighting him because he had a button that threatened to kill his mother. And so he was getting beaten up and was being ridiculed and talked down to. However, while being ridiculed, he managed to plant a seed into his opponent and immobilize him, and then kill him.

Fight number 3
  • Context: Kurama is fighting an opponent who bind your movements by painting on your body. Kurama had his arms and legs anchored to the ground so he could not move. However, right as his opponent got close he cut him up into pieces, by hiding his rose whip into his hair. Tricking his opponent.

Fight number 4
  • Context: Kurama is fighting an ice user who can control ice. However, this fight is right after the previous fight so he has little ki left, as well as heavy injuries. Despite all this he's able to block all of his vital points with his own body to avoid actual fatal damage. His opponent even acknowledges his experience, and skill in doing this.
  • In the same fight, while dodging all of his attacks, and avoiding fatal damage, he was slowly replenishing his ki, readying himself for an attack, and at the final moments, he sew his own plants into his body so he could hide his final attack, and at the last moment, fatally wounding his opponent by wrapping his vines around his opponent's sword, and body, and even penetrated through him.
He can set up plans and stuff but he won't be able to notice Franky's weakness until he gets grappled where he can't do much
unknown.png

Well actually he has an ability that should easily be able to help him discern what part of his body is steel and which isn't.

If Franky gets into his range (which he will since he'll go for a grapple or punching), Kurama will throw tons and tons of petals at the arena, which will then cut everything in range - including Franky. Even assuming that he tanks it, since he's a cyborg, his back will clearly be cut, and that should easily be enough for him to figure it out.

Also, fun fact, in every single one of his matches, every opponent he's faced (but the first one), was very very weary of his intellect, ability to come up with solutions on the fly and his strategic planning. So much so that, majority of his fights, his opponents wouldn't let him rest, and continue an onslaught of attacks, not allowing him to think because they know that granting him even one second, would prove their downfall... and yet, that didn't stop him from beating them.

Counted.

Glad there're more people coming into this thread.. didn't want it to just be an echo chamber 😓

Fight number 2
  • Context: Kurama was fighting an opponent he was far too fast for, however he had to stop fighting him because he had a button that threatened to kill his mother. And so he was getting beaten up and was being ridiculed and talked down to. However, while being ridiculed, he managed to plant a seed into his opponent and immobilize him, and then kill him.
Are you trying to say kurama's opponent was too fast for kurama?
Okay so fight number 1
  • Context: Kurama was fighting an enemy who can travel through stone (think of Pica from OP), and he wasn't able to sense his ki, so what he did instead, was release the petals from his rose so that the smell of the rose will fill the whole room, so that when he did come out of the ground, his smell would be easy to catch.
  • In the same fight, Kurama was able to find the enemy's weakness while being pummeled by tons of rocks, after finding it he exploited said weakness and defeated him.

Fight number 2

Fight number 3
  • Context: Kurama is fighting an opponent who bind your movements by painting on your body. Kurama had his arms and legs anchored to the ground so he could not move. However, right as his opponent got close he cut him up into pieces, by hiding his rose whip into his hair. Tricking his opponent.

Fight number 4
  • Context: Kurama is fighting an ice user who can control ice. However, this fight is right after the previous fight so he has little ki left, as well as heavy injuries. Despite all this he's able to block all of his vital points with his own body to avoid actual fatal damage. His opponent even acknowledges his experience, and skill in doing this.
  • In the same fight, while dodging all of his attacks, and avoiding fatal damage, he was slowly replenishing his ki, readying himself for an attack, and at the final moments, he sew his own plants into his body so he could hide his final attack, and at the last moment, fatally wounding his opponent by wrapping his vines around his opponent's sword, and body, and even penetrated through him.

unknown.png

Well actually he has an ability that should easily be able to help him discern what part of his body is steel and which isn't.

If Franky gets into his range (which he will since he'll go for a grapple or punching), Kurama will throw tons and tons of petals at the arena, which will then cut everything in range - including Franky. Even assuming that he tanks it, since he's a cyborg, his back will clearly be cut, and that should easily be enough for him to figure it out.
While what you said is good, you did overhype some of his fights...

I still don't know who'll win... While Kurama has the smarts and the abilities, I don't see him dealing with franky's lifting strength and unnatural endurance but I guess I'll vote kurama 🤔...

I would need to analyze everything about the two... I barely know anything about Franky.... I'll try bringing kingtempest as I think he is more knowledgeable on him

Are you trying to say kurama's opponent was too fast for kurama?
Nono, it was just showing his genius-ness not his speed. He was able to throw a rock that had a plant in it, without him knowing.
While what you said is good, you did overhype some of his fights...
😅 sorry about that.. I can't help overhyping one of my favorite characters. Hopefully I still got the point across though..
I still don't know who'll win... While Kurama has the smarts and the abilities, I don't see him dealing with franky's lifting strength and unnatural endurance
Yeah that's the thing. If Kurama can't find his weakness, then Franky takes it easily. Otherwise.. it'll be a hard battle for Franky.
but I guess I'll vote kurama 🤔...
Counted

Also don't like how people said FRA to the thread stater...
Yeah... it is allowed but it's kinda just like, there should be others who can defend said character OTHER than the OP...

It's also kinda hard too cause you don't wanna be biased, y'know?

Can't you ask a supporters input?
Yeah... it is allowed
I'm not sure it is...
Regarding verdicts:
  • The winner will be determined by the side having better constructive arguments, rather than one word/one sentence votes, which will be disregarded.
    • However, one word/one sentence votes agreeing with another member's reasoning will be accepted as valid votes.
🤔🤷‍♂️

Can't you ask a supporters input?
Most of the supporters I saw on the list haven't been active in a long time, or don't participate in vs threads no more 😔
I'm not sure it is...
🤔🤷‍♂️
Nah it definitely is allowed. I'm allowed to state the wincons and abilities of said character, and the people can vote based on that. Especially if there's some confusion about what a character starts with, or what they can do in general, they need to be informed, and the OP is allowed to for discussion and voting to start. As long as the OP isn't purposely being biased or purposely trying to downplay the other character/

TLDR

gimme wincons for both, I support both verses so I can validate the arguments

Kurama wins....
This looks like David vs Goliath deal to me.
Kurama analyses and exploits weakness from mid range, he will never allow fight to be CQC...and he has various ways of planting seeds without getting close. He has planted seeds in enemies with his whip and other plant based moves before. He can grow various plants in ground which can run interference against Franky and distract him.

Franky having cyborg physiology isn't much useful beyond some of his body being inorganic. Only advantage that has it cannot be life sucked by plants. But rest of his body is still organic. Even his consciousness is still natural....unlike robots which have virtual intelligence. So this Cyborg physiology is mostly useless.

Worst case scenario Franky gets close...Kurama still dominates. He has faught that ice ninja guy completely restrained in a closed quarters and still one. Said ninja himself being a expert CQC and sword user.
Also Kurama has 100 Kiloton AP/Dura advantage over Franky. He will be getting many hits in and will cause hefty damage to Franky. Grapples can easily be escaped by causing structural damage to his body.

Kurama dominates...wins low diff.

TLDR

Ok so uh..

Franky's wincons: Better close fighter, grappling/LS advantage, endurance/steel body, range
  • Specifically his major wincon is actually getting close and grappling Kurama
Kurama's wincons: Far smarter and more analytical, has very versatile plants that can suck blood, induce illusions, kill from inside out.. (find out more in his abilities section). He should and could be able to exploit Franky's weakness if he manages to find out, AP advantage..

Kurama wins....
Kurama analyses and exploits weakness from mid range, he will never allow fight to be CQC...and he has various ways of planting seeds without getting close. He has planted seeds in enemies with his whip and other plant based moves before. He can grow various plants in ground which can run interference against Franky and distract him.

Franky having cyborg physiology isn't much useful beyond some of his body being inorganic. Only advantage that has it cannot be life sucked by plants. But rest of his body is still organic. Even his consciousness is still natural....unlike robots which have virtual intelligence. So this Cyborg physiology is mostly useless.

Worst case scenario Franky gets close...Kurama still dominates. He has faught that ice ninja guy completely restrained in a closed quarters and still one. Said ninja himself being a expert CQC and sword user.
Also Kurama has 100 Kiloton AP/Dura advantage over Franky. He will be getting many hits in and will cause hefty damage to Franky. Grapples can easily be escaped by causing structural damage to his body.

It isn't a stomp though.. right?

God I pray this isn't a stomp.. I wrote so much... 😭

Also glad to see a knowledgeable YYH user :D

TLDR

You're suppose to bring some wincons to Franky 😤... You know about him... He has good feats with cp9 and stuff in the manga, I have no clue about that because.... Anime

Kurama wins....

Wanks and downplays

OH yeah I completely forgot Franky also has Coup de Vent, which he could use to completely blow away Kurama's plants/trees etc etc and even Kurama too. Though it takes a some of his cola to use I believe, but he could always use that if he's backed to a corner.

OH yeah I completely forgot Franky also has Coup de Vent, which he could use to completely blow away Kurama's plants/trees etc etc and even Kurama too. Though it takes a some of his cola to use I believe, but he could always use that if he's backed to a corner.
Would that work with AP disadvantage??

Also reminder that Knockout is still valid so he could just wait till Kurama is near the edge, and blow him off.

Okay grace has concluded, I'll get this added.

Thanks for your votes and input

Back