• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Forgive my sins: Ace vs Natsu

Status
Not open for further replies.
The OP deserves to be burned by both Ace and Natsu.

Anyway Ace should take this believe it or not. Let's compare everything they have.

AP: Draw, Natsu scales above 2.1 Teratons, Ace scales below 2.5 Teratons. They should be within the same ballpark, neither one quite has the AP advantage here. Same goes for the durability.

Lifting strength: Ace holds the advantage here as well if I recall correctly. So going into close range comabt isn't a good idea as Ace is the more skilled of the two, Ace being able to fodderize Luffy who has Natsu's feats of memorizing and finding his opponent's weakness quite quickly and can fight against several characters with Precog, Enhanced Senses, etc all without having any himself. Also grew up in a much rougher setting and has traning fron Grap.

Stamina: Ace takes it, I don't need to explain and Natsu can't get stamina back from fire with no magic in it. Ace takes it by a long shot here.

Range: Useless, both are resistant to fire and both can absorb fire.

Intelligence: Neither one is really gifted so this is a non factor.

All in all I think Ace should take this.

@HST

Iirc, that's when the magic hits the throat ( that's what she said.) And I dont see any reason for Ace to wait to reform in the throat rather than the mouth. Anyway this is under the assumption Natsu gets the chance to eat him, which won't happen because Ace isn't gonna let that happen after seeing Natsu eat fire. Also that's false Equivalency since Ace used his Busho Haki in the Novel and it's implied he used it a few times in the War. Also if Ace couldn't use Haki in the New World he'd be a goner.

>Natsu can't get stamina back from Fire with no Magic in it.

That was the whole turning point of Natsu vs Gajeel, where Sagittarius made a nearby machine explode so Natsu could eat the resulting explosion, replenishing his reserves to the point that he could use his Secret Art and bully Gajeel, who he was originally dead even with.

@Kob

That's gonna stop Ace's flames from converting into magic how?

Wow, much headcanon. Not even taking the fact that Natsu can just eat Ace's flames, even if he doesn't, he will just tank it. Ace AP without DF power is much lower than with it. And i agree with Judge here, every arguments that have been given are just ignored so Ace can win. This is not even funny

The Prince of Counters said:
@HST

Iirc, that's when the magic hits the throat ( that's what she said.) And I dont see any reason for Ace to wait to reform in the throat rather than the mouth. Anyway this is under the assumption Natsu gets the chance to eat him, which won't happen because Ace isn't gonna let that happen after seeing Natsu eat fire. Also that's false Equivalency since Ace used his Busho Haki in the Novel and it's implied he used it a few times in the War. Also if Ace couldn't use Haki in the New World he'd be a goner.
>Implied he used it more than once

Could you give a link then?

Also "Also for the whole Haki thing using it once or just having access to it =/= it being in character."

And again, that's a hige assumption that it only becomes magic when it hits his throat. And I doubt he'd eat him completey but it prevent Ace from using his Logia Intangiblity.

I don't really care too much for Vs Threads, but the OP is simply asking for people to be more elaborate. Simply saying Natsu, eats him or beats him isn't a solid enough vote. If someone could elaborate how his fire absorption works, that would be a more legitimate argument. That being said, HST Master sounds like he's being more elaborate.

It's already given yet he just ignores it. Natsu literally eats flames then converts it into his own magical power. That's pretty much it. Ace pretty much cant do anything even if he somehow uses Busho Haki since all his fired based attacks will just get absorbed by Natsu. Idk if Natsu can pierce Logia intang but since logia effect literally turns Ace into flames, there is pretty much nothing Ace can do to Natsu.

None of what his page is legitament. It literally says "Likely" so the Physical Attacks = Devil Fruit Infused Attacks is literally absurb. And there would be no point in retrieving such item.

Would Ace really fight Blackbeard, Akainu or Akoji without his Devil Fruit?

Makkurona said:
It's already given yet he just ignores it. Natsu literally eats flames then converts it into his own magical power. That's pretty much it. Ace pretty much cant do anything even if he somehow uses Busho Haki since all his fired based attacks will just get absorbed by Natsu. Idk if Natsu can pierce Logia intang but since logia effect literally turns Ace into flames, there is pretty much nothing Ace can do to Natsu.
His Haki isn't even used in Character. He's just going to be throwing naked punches.

That being said, simply looking at Natsu's profile; it does legit say he can convert all sorts of fire into his own magic. So I see no reason for him not to be able to absorb Ace's fire. I'm not voting, but based on the more recent posts, Natsu's votes do seem like they should be credited. Just not the first generic ones like "Natsu eats" or "Natsu beats".

1: Ace can absorb fire aswell, read the profile.

2: Ace doesn't need to use fire, he's resistant to fire and can fight perfectly fine. Natsu's fire would be useless as well in this fight.

I'm willing to count votes for either character just as long as it isn't a flawed vote that ignores the other characters powers and abilities.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
That being said, simply looking at Natsu's profile; it does legit say he can convert all sorts of fire into his own magic. So I see no reason for him not to be able to absorb Ace's fire. I'm not voting, but based on the more recent posts, Natsu's votes do seem like they should be credited. Just not the first generic ones like "Natsu eats" or "Natsu beats".
People literally say on this wiki

Thoughtbot stands

Azathoth exists

etc and it is counted.

Could Natsu overide Ace's flame restiance because he can vaporize sand in a much weaker key as well as severly burn someone with flame restistance, also a much weaker key.

It is the main reason plenty of staff members don't want to get involved in Vs threads is because we're always trying hard to make them quality over quantity rather than the other way around. And yes, those votes should not be counted if that's all they say. There should be a paragraph discussing the strengths and weaknesses of both sides then casting a vote. And then after than, FRA's are fine as well.

The Prince of Counters said:
1: Ace can absorb fire aswell, read the profile.

2: Ace doesn't need to use fire, he's resistant to fire and can fight perfectly fine. Natsu's fire would be useless as well in this fight.

I'm willing to count votes for either character just as long as it isn't a flawed vote that ignores the other characters powers and abilities.
Could you link these as well? Cuz I looked up the Ace Novels and it apparently has a part where he couldn't reach some kids because of Fire from a Flamethrower and was even injured by the resulting explosion of the Fuel Tank of the Antagonists.

Sorry but in this version, Natsu flames > Ace's flames. Ace flames don't have any special properties like Nasu does, and Nasu can even eat hell flames and god's flames. Nasu has better quality flames here

Also whats the consensus on Regular Flames vs Flames with Power Null due to Temp(i.e. Burning Zeref's time magic and Zero's magic)

Having this thread closed, not worth the headache. To those of you who bothered actually reading the profiles and gave proper arguments kudos to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back