• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jiraiya vs Portgas D. Ace

Conditions:
Morals: Off

Jiraiya: 0

Portgas D. Ace: 7

Last edited:
Don't bump matches so fast, you should do it only after at least 6 hours from the last message (or 9, I don't remember which one)

Okay, let’s see:

Assuming this is between their High 7-A key, otherwise Ace stomp in AP.

Jiraiya is the stronger one of the two, as he scales to 1.5 Gigatons while Ace is scaling to baseline High 7-A.

In terms of Speed, again, assuming this is MHS+, otherwise Ace speed-blitzed badly, Ace scales to Mach 6670 while Jiraiya scales above Mach 2225.0900

Jiraiya has versatility on his side and Ace has Elemental Intangibility and Regeneration

First of all their intangibility does Not work like that second of all genjutsu works all tailed beast(pure chakra) and suigetsu(pure water)
Logia intangibility absolutely works like that, they literally turn into fire, ice, light, etc. They don't have a brain to forcibly insert Chakra into.

The Tailed Beast might be pure masses of Chakra but they aren't intangible unlike Logia's. Suigetsu isn't passively water for one, secondly he isn't pure water his is chakra based and last but not least I don't recall him ever being Genjutsu'd in his water body release.

Why are you having this discussion? Sba says that Verse's are equalized meaning genjutsu will work. Not that it matters since jiraiya is unlikely to use it anyway.

Logia intangibility absolutely works like that, they literally turn into fire, ice, light, etc. They don't have a brain to forcibly insert Chakra into.

The Tailed Beast might be pure masses of Chakra but they aren't intangible unlike Logia's. Suigetsu isn't passively water for one, secondly he isn't pure water his is chakra based and last but not least I don't recall him ever being Genjutsu'd in his water body release.
you don’t know how logia intangibility works they turn themselves into it it is never passive at most it automatically turns when they see a attack

I agree with Waka, not only is it Verse Equalization (SBA), but also Jiraiya would most likely not use it.

you don’t know how logia intangibility works they turn themselves into it it is never passive at most it automatically turns when they see a attack
Enel is passively lightning, Cesar Clown is passively Gas, Smoker is passively Smoke, etc. Logia's are passively intangible.

Also miss me with that attitude of yours, you can drop that real quick.

Enel is passively lightning, Cesar Clown is passively Gas, Smoker is passively Smoke, etc. Logia's are passively intangible.

Also miss me with that attitude of yours, you can drop that real quick.
Oh so show me when Smoker falls through the floor or I guess alabasta luffy had haki for him to hit two logias or I guess Ceaser and Enel had everything fall out of their hands oh wait none of this happens

Oh so show me when Smoker falls through the floor or I guess alabasta luffy had haki for him to hit two logias or I guess Ceaser and Enel had everything fall out of their hands oh wait none of this happens
Eeehhh using smoke and all other examples are flawed way of arguing for or against intangibility.
Because technically they are tangible..... that is why you can contain them in closed containers and such and you can block and deflect them with wide flat surfaces and such.
It just depends on what type of element you want to talk about.
Smoke is gaseous state of matter, fire is super heated air, lightning is charged plasma which itself is higher state of matter compared to gas.
They are technically tangible , its just that the distance between molecules is way too much for us to meaningfully interact with them in anyway , especially when you use tapered or roughly wedged shaped tools to interact with them, cuz the stuff just flows around the object... its not that they have true intangibilty like ghosts and shit.
But take other elements like ice or magma for example... Aokiji has ice and Akainu has Magma.... one is solid and one is between liquid and solid state..kinda like jelly... you cannot claim here that they have intangibility, that's completely ridiculous for example.

But no matter what intangibility, Haki has shown to negate it all.... and considering Haki is just aura enforcing your physicality... even without SBA Chakra should be able to do the same, let alone in SBA.

I don't know exactly if Jiraiya can use chakra or Nature energy like a aura cloak or if its in character for him to do so. But I have heard that even Itachi when he was 6 yrs old could use chakra infused punches to bust big boulders and shit, so not out of realm of possibility for Jiraiya to do the same.
But anyway besides that Rasengan is without a doubt negging Logia fruits "intangibility" no diff.

Thats my opinion on intangiblilty.... wont comment on the match itself yet.

Eeehhh using smoke and all other examples are flawed way of arguing for or against intangibility.
Because technically they are tangible..... that is why you can contain them in closed containers and such and you can block and deflect them with wide flat surfaces and such.
It just depends on what type of element you want to talk about.
Smoke is gaseous state of matter, fire is super heated air, lightning is charged plasma which itself is higher state of matter compared to gas.
They are technically tangible , its just that the distance between molecules is way too much for us to meaningfully interact with them in anyway , especially when you use tapered or roughly wedged shaped tools to interact with them, cuz the stuff just flows around the object... its not that they have true intangibilty like ghosts and shit.
But take other elements like ice or magma for example... Aokiji has ice and Akainu has Magma.... one is solid and one is between liquid and solid state..kinda like jelly... you cannot claim here that they have intangibility, that's completely ridiculous for example.

But no matter what intangibility, Haki has shown to negate it all.... and considering Haki is just aura enforcing your physicality... even without SBA Chakra should be able to do the same, let alone in SBA.

I don't know exactly if Jiraiya can use chakra or Nature energy like a aura cloak or if its in character for him to do so. But I have heard that even Itachi when he was 6 yrs old could use chakra infused punches to bust big boulders and shit, so not out of realm of possibility for Jiraiya to do the same.
But anyway besides that Rasengan is without a doubt negging Logia fruits "intangibility" no diff.

Thats my opinion on intangiblilty.... wont comment on the match itself yet.
Genjutsu can work with the nature of it thats what I was arguing
Logias at most can train themselves to instinctively dodge attacks that are visible
Anyways yes Rasengan should be able to work on Ace (Also frog kumite which is just pure chakra)

Genjutsu shouldn't be able to forcibly inject chakra into something like a plasma such as fire.

A ball of wind isn't gonna affect fire much either and neither is Frog Kata bypassing Ace's intangibility.

Genjutsu works via inputting chakra into the opponent's brain.

If they are in logia state, they have no brain to put chakra in.

And what stops the toads from getting knocked by Haoshoku? Someone in a different thread says that because of their sentience, but that never stopped it.

Back