• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Flash and Savitar ability addition. Possible new rating for the Flash

Andytrenom

She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
Two things I want to talk about, Barry getting Absorption, and him getting a new rating.

1. In the episode 'Think Fast', DeVoe takes over an ARGUS facility and to get to him, Barry has to deal with some electrical explosives hidden across the facility. The strategy that Barry comes up with is deliberately triggering the explosives so that he can absorb the electricity and gain a speed boost.

This is a form of Absorption, which should be added to Barry's profile (preferably as electricity absorption). While we are on the topic, Savitar also has electricity absorption with his armor as can be seen here.

2. It was stated that absorbing the electricity from the explosives would give Barry an "insane speed boost". This boost was so great that it allowed him to reach and run through the entrance to DeVoe's pocket dimension before it could close (Impressive because the entrance closes in less than 3 picoseconds). This would give a new rating for when he has absorbed a high amount of energy.

I agree with adding electricity absorption to Barry and Savitar's profiles. But why do you think Barry would not be MFTL+? I'm intrigued by what you have to say.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Why not MFTL+?
A small but crucial detail.

Caitlin: We'd only be able to last a few moments before we burn out

Cisco: And thanks to relativity that gives us just enough time to save the hostages.

This time there is reason to believe that the laws of relativity were being followed and that time dilation was taking place.

Time dilation makes that feat MFTL+.

We do not use relativity on this wiki because it is too inconsistent. That's just one word from Cisco, and we all know whether we should trust those guys. Cough, cough, Mach 3.3 Flash cough cough.

If there is evidence that a scene is obeying relativity, then I believe relativity should certainly be used.

Cisco may have a history of making unreliable statements but that doesn't mean we should declare any statement made by him as automatically false. If the statement about relativity isn't contradicted by anything then it should be paid attention to.

Out of genuine curiosity, can't that feat be a result of relativistic time dilation, you know going close to the speed of light and causing time to slow down around the speedster?

That's going to be something like 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% the speed of light.

The calc group have decided that the formula I used in that blog is more reliable.

I agree with everyone of the changes, especially the electricity absorbing.

Now, about the relativity thing, that was in reference to the speed boost Caitlin and Cisco got from Barry, not Barry's amped speed.

"We'd only be able to last a few moments before we burn out, like 55 miliseconds of real time."

"And the extra relativity would give us just enough time to chase the hostages."

Well, since I was honest with my issues regarding MFTL+ Flash, I can support this upgrade without any qualms.

Electricity absorption should be fine to add now since everyone seems to agree with it.

While we're on this topic, i'd like to bring up the added justification to the power granting stuff since it covers the literal same episode.

Flash extends his Speed Force Aura to people in order to give them speed, and he is now revealed to have the means to do it without extended contact. He actually does this within the episode, like full on they have his powers and can go separate.

"So when i bring you into Flash-Time i'm actually extending my Speed-Force aura to you."

"And what if physical touch just focuses those powers."

"I could let go... share my speed."

"We'd only be able to last a few moments before we burn out, like 55 miliseconds."

Justification on powers should preferably be brief. What exactly do you want to have added anyway.

Just that he focuses his speed force "aura" through them, and can grant it to them in brief bursts.

I'll try make one now.

Can focus his "speed force aura" through others, giving them indefinite or temporary superhuman speed, a slowed down perception of time, increased Regenerationn, and likely many other abilities.

And maybe the specifics of the Speed force amp time could be in the weakness section.

To be honest, the current justification seems fine as it is. But that's just my opinion.

Guys. If this gets through, is there a chance we are gonna see Barry in the Strongest For Every Tier Thread?

I don't know if we can do this for sure, but can we try to calculate kinetic energy from Barry carrying the metal thing that was going to destroy a satellite? Granted, some assumptions would be made.

Never mind, I see them now. As for his rank, we could try to calc the kinetic energy from moving a ball of metal? I'm not entirely sure about it, but it might give us an idea.

Working on it. And given the new season finale we might have a better idea of where Barry would rank in terms of power. If you still want me to do the metal ball calc, I can try.

I should have have brought this up long ago, but is this boost temporary or permanent? I personally think the former but would like everyone else's opinion.

Back