• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fixing Spiderman before the second game releases

Golden_Void

VS Battles
Retired

Game mechanics
At least Supersonic, likely Hypersonic (Can web swing between multiple gunfire. Dodged gunfire from Sable and from an helicopter. Is able to dodge multiple shots and rockets during the game), likely Massively Hypersonic+ reactions with Spider-Sense (Is able to react and dodge Electro's lightning)
He is not supersonic in movement speed. Acrobatics + good reactions =/= moving at the speed of a bullet. Superhuman to subsonic at best.

Same exact corrections need to be made on Miles's profile. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Miles_Morales_(Insomniac_Games)

Depends on how close he can perform the dodges from the bullets themselves TBF. That's all I got to say on this one.
The linked feats are poor examples. He doesn't move three feet before you see 5+ rounds from any weapon flying past him, plus they all suck at aiming.

Plus, a significant story point in the first game is him chasing after a helicopter with a generator in tow that's wrecking the city. It would make no sense for him to be supersonic+ in movement speed. Combat speed is a different story, but that isn't specified.

Also, in the Spiderman 2 gameplay reveal, they were barely keeping up with jet skis, which google says tops out at 67 mph.

God damn it VOID NOW I WAS GOMNA DO THIS LATER when I was freed up on stuff to work on
Here's some more freedom 🦅🇺🇸

Also, since we allow TASM and Raimi spiderman into the MCU scaling chain, we should allow crossover feats from Insomniac Spiderman fighting with superior octopus in the comics, which is (should be, its been a while) canon.

I'll try to help here when I can since the verse only has 2 calculated feats and the verse needs just a major amount of work.

Idk how imma do this betweeen everything Im already working on
Here's some more freedom 🦅🇺🇸

Also, since we allow TSM and Raimi spiderman into the MCU scaling chain, we should allow crossover feats from Insomniac Spiderman fighting with superior octopus in the comics, which is (should be, its been a while) canon.
Yeah I know spider-geddon and I'm pretty sure we've been explicitly told we can't use that for scaling

Perception Manipulation (Can enhance his perception to the point where he views the whole world as almost frozen)
Isn't this explicitly something the game tells you to utilize, though (forgive me if not, it's been a while since I played)? Several other Spider-Men have similar shit (616/SpOck, Tobey, etc., not to start with the whataboutism), why would this in particular be a game mechanic?

If it's because it's never brought up in the dialogue, why would it need to be? This Spidey ain't a rookie, it's not like he's gonna make commentary on a power-set he's had for 8+ years now.

Isn't this explicitly something the game tells you to utilize, though (forgive me if not, it's been a while since I played)? Several other Spider-Men have similar shit (616/SpOck, Tobey, etc., not to start with the whataboutism), why would this in particular be a game mechanic?

If it's because it's never brought up in the dialogue, why would it need to be? This Spidey ain't a rookie, it's not like he's gonna make commentary on a power-set he's had for 8+ years now.
Because the same justification that is used for Peter is used for Miles too, who is a rookie. Aim mode is also generally a slow-down mechanic in most video games.

Tbf yeah though I'm pretty sure some of the spidey sense cutscene have shit moving in bullet time not to the extent of the regular combat aim slow down stuff but its been shown

I would use Link's perception shit in botw and totk as a good example of this where ya can't just say game mechanics for something link can do only
since in the final fight in tears we learn Ganondorf can flurry rush too and is fast enough to dodge and react to Link when he's doing a flurry rush

Because the same justification that is used for Peter is used for Miles too, who is a rookie.
Eh, fair enough since anything else is too much speculation.

Can I just say I find it extremely finnicky that we can't use Marvel Comics' Spider-Geddon for Marvel's Spidey simply because "AAAAA Marvel comics!1!! Scaling BAD!!!", having a crossover with a small subsection of Marvel (the Spider-Verse) shouldn't immediately have us scrutinizing it like we're ******* private detectives lol

Eh, fair enough since anything else is too much speculation.

Can I just say I find it extremely finnicky that we can't use Marvel Comics' Spider-Geddon for Marvel's Spidey simply because "AAAAA Marvel comics!1!! Scaling BAD!!!", having a crossover with a small subsection of Marvel (the Spider-Verse) shouldn't immediately have us scrutinizing it like we're ******* private detectives lol
SM2 has a comic leak so there's likely going to be solid ground for spider-geddon feats.

Yup that'd work in that case and I'm gonna summon some help and its good KLOL is already here

@Marvel_Champion_07 @Lonkitt @Excel616

I SUMMON THEE to ask for helpnwith spidey stuffs and since yall are in our marvel game discussion thread
But Daaaaaale I’m already in the process of drafting up pages for two other video game Spider-Men

Honestly, I think speed is the least of our worries for this verse. Intelligence sections need to be significantly revised because there’s a lot of feats we’re missing out on

Also, Perception Manip can stay TBH

But Daaaaaale I’m already in the process of drafting up pages for two other video game Spider-Men

Honestly, I think speed is the least of our worries for this verse. Intelligence sections need to be significantly revised because there’s a lot of feats we’re missing out on

Also, Perception Manip can stay TBH
I didn't know😖 but still thanks for giving input

Perception Manip IMHO can just be a speed-boost by focusing one's senses, so in reality it should be Speed Amplification. Much like Arthur's Eagle Eye in RDR2.
Unless it is a stated thing or in the moves list, aiming mode should just be treated as a generic game ability.

Unless it is a stated thing or in the moves list, aiming mode should just be treated as a generic game ability.
It doesn’t have to be stated though. If we couldn’t use on-screen abilities unless they were stated, tons of pages for video games would be barren wastelands

Based on how it’s presented, the ability seems fine to keep. I also fail to see how it’s “”generic”. I don’t recall many games that let you slow down things while in mid-air casually. Not what I’d call “generic”

It doesn’t have to be stated though. If we couldn’t use on-screen abilities unless they were stated, tons of pages for video games would be barren wastelands

Based on how it’s presented, the ability seems fine to keep. I also fail to see how it’s “”generic”. I don’t recall many games that let you slow down things while in mid-air casually. Not what I’d call “generic”
I could name a handful of games right now that slow down time in-game when you pull up the weapon wheel. Otherwise, people can start adding anything they want if it suits their interpretation. The only established "time based" move in the game is when you perfect dodge, which slows time briefly.

I could name a handful of games right now that slow down time in-game when you pull up the weapon wheel. Otherwise, people can start adding anything they want if it suits their interpretation. The only established "time based" move in the game is when you perfect dodge, which slows time briefly.
This isn’t just “weapon wheel” based though. The game still slows down like that to let you focus on where to traverse next. If it was only a weapon wheel, I would agree. But since it a not, this is fine

This isn’t just “weapon wheel” based though. The game still slows down like that to let you focus on where to traverse next. If it was only a weapon wheel, I would agree. But since it a not, this is fine
That's just demonstrating multiple applications of that mechanic, which also sounds like a benefit for the player, not an in-verse ability. It makes no sense to be able to slow time whenever you want, yet have established moves in-game that allow you to slow time.

That's just demonstrating multiple applications of that mechanic, which also sounds like a benefit for the player, not an in-verse ability. It makes no sense to be able to slow time whenever you want, yet have established moves in-game that allow you to slow time.
I’m not really seeing an issue here. It’s been shown that the slowing down part is more than just a weapon wheel, and for some reason that doesn’t make sense because certain abilities let you slow things down….? Despite the fact that when comparing both, they operate very differently? I’m sorry, but your argument isn’t very strong

I’m not really seeing an issue here. It’s been shown that the slowing down part is more than just a weapon wheel, and for some reason that doesn’t make sense because certain abilities let you slow things down….? Despite the fact that when comparing both, they operate very differently? I’m sorry, but your argument isn’t very strong
How is my argument weak when there's literally nothing in the game establishing that being an in-verse thing? Your defense is an argument from incredulity. Nothing is supporting that ability being anything more than a crutch for the player. If there's a better scan or cutscene supporting this, I'm all for it.

How is my argument weak when there's literally nothing in the game establishing that being an in-verse thing? Your defense is an argument from incredulity. Nothing is supporting that ability being anything more than a crutch for the player. If there's a better scan or cutscene supporting this, I'm all for it.
There's nothing in-verse explaining the unique abilities of all the GTA V protags. This isn't that much different from that situation either. Are those crutches for the player too? Again, if this was strictly a weapon wheel, which is something that will always be a gamplay mechanic, then it wouldn't qualify. But it lets Spider-Man react during that period. Thats a lot more than a "crutch"

Back