• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fist Of The North Star Revision Part 1 (P&A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, If Kenshiro's multiplier is accepted and his end-of-series 100% is 104 exatons, that means if he stacks those 2 other abilities that are stronger than TKH, he could go as high as over 1 zettaton.

That's Low 5-B territory.

Toki's martial art works by completely nullifying the opponent's power (as long as it's comparable to yours) and use it against him, so I guess it's a combination of Power Null, Momentum Manip and Attack Reflection
Did you remember to add this:

"Ken has a lot of amps other than TKH regardless, he has a rage/emotional amp that's implied and shown to surpass Tenryu in potency as well as the Kiko Yabu, which lets him frag objects he couldn't even dent at 30% as well as no-sell people who are implied to be able to break his bones in either 30% or 100% (he just used TKH before giving the statement) on top of just being shown to be a massive amp to his ki"

I think I'm gonna be the one to make the Hokuto Shinken page, if that's alright with you, you could help me by sending me a list of every Hokuto Shinken ability (including the ones that are already on the profiles)
Can you please respond to my above post?

uh? I'm not the one adding stuff to the profiles rn
You're right, my bad.

Ok so i did list for every missing ability on their profiles (most of them were already mentioned and accepted but others not)
  1. Soul Manipulation and BFR: (Using the Hokuto Shinhozan technique,Kasumi Kenshiro was able to send his opponents souls to the afterlife)
  2. Pain Manipulation: (Kenshiro already has displays of doing stuff like that)
  3. Resistance to Radiation: (Jagi was fine after taking a nuke, and Toki was bombarded by radiation for 2 weeks straight)
  4. Acrobatics: (Every fighter should already have this on their profile)
  5. Body Control: (Taiyan, a guy who can punch and kick behind his back, was impressed by Kasumi body control, Kenshiro was able to force blood sucking needles out of his body)
  6. Statistics Amplification: (By various ways, for example, by pressing the Sekkatsuko points, one can amplify their own strength for a short amount of time. With the Keiko technique hokuto fighters can increase their movement speed)
  7. Afterimage Creation: (Ken even in the beginning of the series could do that, Toki has also demonstrated that in his first fight against Raoh)
  8. Information Analysis: (Kaiser [Kenshiro and most Hokuto fighters scales above him] was able to see every possibly blind spot an opponent has as dots which light up when said blind spot is available. Kasumi can see a martial art’s blind spot, that is, he can perceive the split second in which the user focuses energy to throw an attack and use that knowledge to predict the attack, effectively negating the martial art as a whole. This martial art had no conventional blind spots the user could even punch and kick behind his back. Juza can read a martial art so well that he could predict every move from it)
  9. Paralysis Inducement: (Via various pressure points)
  10. Forcefield Creation: (Raoh was able to create a ki barrier)
  11. Underground Mobility: (Should be able to replicate what the nameless shura did)
  12. Extrasensory Perception: (Since the begnning of the series, due to the fact that even fodder fighters can sense ki)
  13. Size Manipulation: (Kasumi was able to increase his size using a hokuto technique and Ken also did the same thing in Hokuto No Ken Last Piece, couldn't find a scan in english. I only found this video)
  14. Attack Reflection: (With Nishi Shinku Ha, and later in the series Kenshiro could redirect Ki attacks)
  15. Rage Power: (Ken states that Rage turns his body into steel armor)
  16. Healing (Via various pressure points)
  17. Resistance to Extrasensory Perception (Ken was able to sneak up on Han who can sense Ki)
  18. Social Influencing: (Ken inspired Lin and multiple people to fight. Raiga and Fuga immediately placed all their trust in Ken. Shu sacrificed his own eyesight to save Kenshiro, despite the fact he had just met him. Ryuga who was loyal to Raoh, belived in Kenshiro by the end of his life. Even after Shachi turned into a monster Ken was able to completely change Shachi's heart to the point that Shachi would risk everything to protect him)
  19. Intangibility: (With Kento Shadan, Kenshiro can phase through the opponent's defenses. Souther's Tensho Juji Ho makes him Intangible. Kaiser's martial art lets him phase thorugh his opponents bodies and extract their internal organs or break their bones without making an external injury)
  20. Life Manipulation: (Kenshiro was able to make Bat live via pressure points, despite Bat being basically dead. Kasumi was able to save Pan Guanglin who was on the verge of death by using the Hiko pressure points of life. Toki was able to put himself on false state of death to prolong his life. there are pressure points that can prolong one's life)
  21. Purification: (Since Kasumi could restore Haruto's father's humanity before his death, Haruto's father had turned into a mind controlled beast at the time, and Ryuken was able to restore Jukei's humanity after Jukei was consumed by Hokuto Ryuken's evil karma)
  22. Invisibility and Resistance to Analytical Prediction: (With the Shichisei Tenshin technique)
  23. Deconstruction: (With aura)
  24. Power Nullification (Can easily Nullify Ki attacks by the end of the series)
  25. Perception Manipulation: (Ken was able to make some guys lose their sense of depth perception via pressure points. Kasumi steely gaze makes a man think he's been killed)
  26. Limited Momentum Manipulation, Power Nullification, and Attack Reflection (Toki's Ju no Ken can do this and can completely nullify the opponent's power [as long as it's comparable to his] and use it against them)
  27. Limited Gravity Manipulation (Anryu Tenha consists in trapping the opponent in a non-gravitational space)
  28. Illusion Creation and Resistance to Extrasensory Perception: (Shu's Yugen Sho aka "Alluring Illusion Palm" creates a illusion of multiple hands to confuse his enemies and Kenshiro was unable to sense his presence)
  29. Light Manipulation: (With Gento Koken)
  30. Explosion Manipulation: (Liu Zongwu did this using a hokuto technique)
  31. Photographic Memory: (Kasumi demonstrated this)
  32. Possibly Surface Scaling: (Rima was able to scale wall)
  33. Possibly Vibration Manipulation: (Both Raoh and Toki displayed this in their fight, and so did Toki and Kenshiro and also Juza while fighting Raoh)
  34. Possibly Damage Boost: (Raoh's Hokuto Hatenkai Ken aka "Fist of One's Whole Soul" is implied to be much more powerful than a normal punch)
  35. Also Fire Manipulation: (with Shuren's Gosha Enjō Ken, but i don't know if anyone should have this aside from Shuren, Maybe Raoh since he saw him doing it, but i'm not sure about the others tho)
  36. There's also a instance, where Uighur was able to hurt Ken and send him flying with his Moko Hakyoku Do, but when Kenshiro used his Hokuto Koretsu Ha stance not only he blocked Uighur's Moko Hakyoku Do, but he also didn't receive any damage doing it, and Ken didn't boosted himself either. so probably Damage Reduction right?
Either way these are all the missing abilities that i could think of, if there's more or i'm missing some, talk to me and i'll put them here.
Can you add this:

"Ken has a lot of amps other than TKH regardless, he has a rage/emotional amp that's implied and shown to surpass Tenryu in potency as well as the Kiko Yabu, which lets him frag objects he couldn't even dent at 30% as well as no-sell people who are implied to be able to break his bones in either 30% or 100% (he just used TKH before giving the statement) on top of just being shown to be a massive amp to his ki"

@Twellas Speaking about Hokuto Shinken page, are you going to have the abilities also be separated by different levels of mastery?

Since othewise people may assume that characters like Jagi or Amiba are capable to use the most advance techniques, such as Musō Tensei.

Last edited:
@Twellas Speaking about Hokuto Shinken page, are you going to have the abilities also be separated by different levels of mastery?

Since othewise people may assume that characters like Jagi or Amiba are capable to use the most advance techniques, such as Musō Tensei.
there are almost no degrees of mastery that we know of, characters either mastered Hokuto or have the bare minimum, I guess we could just put "has access to Hokuto's pressure points" in Amiba and Jagi's profiles

For now I made a list of strictly Hokuto Shinken abilities, here it is, am I missing something?

Pressure Points:​

-Body control
-Statistics reduction
-Biological manipulation
-Death manipulation
-Life manipulation
-Explosion manipulation
-Empathic manipulation
-Mind manipulation
-Memory manipulation
-Mind control
-Sleep manipulation
-Pain manipulation
-Statistics amplification
-Healing
-Paralysis inducement
-Purification
-Deconstruction
-Perception manipulation

Other Abilities​

-Statistics amplification (TKH and Kiko Yabu)
-Rage Power
-Extrasensory Perception
-Self-Ki Manipulation
-Aura
-Matter Manipulation
-Instinctive Reactions
-Precognition/Analytical Prediction
-Information Analysis
-Stealth Mastery
-Fate Manipulation
-Power Mimicry
-Reactive Evolution
-Accelerated Development
-Momentum Manipulation, Power Nullification, Attack Reflection (Soft fist)
-Invisibility
-Non-Existent Physiology
-Void Manipulation, Pocket-Reality Manip, Power Nullification, Immortality Type 8 (Soryu Tenha)
-Reactive Power-Level
-Energy Projection (Tenha Kossatsu, Goten Sho, Gosho Han…)
-Air Manipulation
-Intangibility
-Soul Manipulation/BFR

Resistances​

-Precognition, Clairvoyance, Info Analysis
-Ki-manipulation

Last edited:
there are almost no degrees of mastery that we know of, characters either mastered Hokuto or have the bare minimum, I guess we could just put "has access to Hokuto's pressure points" in Amiba and Jagi's profiles
That sound pretty vague to be honest, maybe it would be better to write a Note in the page about that issue.

Where it is stated that while there is no degrees of mastery when it come to the martial arts, it doesn't means that all users are capable to utilize every single techniques, this must be true since Kenshiro initially wasn't capable to use the Musō Tensei, despire having been trained since he was a child.

Void Manipulation, Pocket-Reality Manip, Power Nullification, Immortality Type 8 (Soryu Tenha)
Yeah that's true!
-Reactive Evolution
Can you show any instances of Reactive Evolution, i can't exactly remember.

Also Hokuto fighters should have Danmaku with Hokuto Tenkai Senretsu Shō, the thing is, this technique was only shown in Ken's Rage, but since Ken's rage is a shot for shot retelling of the manga, and since one of the the producers of the game, said in an interview about the how the game would be made and I quote " Hisashi Koinuma, the game's producer said that the staff aim to create a "new realistic feel" for the Fist of the North Star series while still being faithful to the original's roots." And the creators of HNK Buronson and Tetsuo Hara themselves were deeply involved with the project and have gone on record to express enthusiasm and support for the game.(hell Tetsuo Hara even made a promo video sponsored by koei for the game.) i think Hokuto fighters should have this ability.

Kuroyasha has also shown Teleportation in his fight against Hyoh Kuroyasha was able dissapear from Hyoh's sight and re-apper in other places like behind Hyoh himself and even behind Kenshiro who did not see him coming, and Kuroyasha cleary didn't did that by being faster than Kenshiro and Hyoh (he's not) or via stealth (Both Hyoh and Ken can sense their opponents, Kenshiro himself states that even without making a noise no one can't surprise him from behind. Infact Hyoh was able to spot and dodge Kuroyasha's stealth attack attempt in the same fight) so i'm pretty sure he used Teleportation. Kenshiro should be able to replicate this since he saw Kuroyasha do it but this is probably applicable to Hokuto fighters as well, since Kuroyasha utilizes Hokuto Ryuken iirc.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Can you show any instances of Reactive Evolution, i can't exactly remember.
pretty much every instance of Hokuto users seeing a move and immediately finding a counter, the most blatant cases are the ones with Kasumi deveoping a technique to counter Ki-draining and Ken being able to enter Anryu Tenha, also Kasumi developing resistance to Kolk's Tento and arguably Gento

pretty much every instance of Hokuto users seeing a move and immediately finding a counter, the most blatant cases are the ones with Kasumi deveoping a technique to counter Ki-draining and Ken being able to enter Anryu Tenha, also Kasumi developing resistance to Kolk's Tento and arguably Gento
True, what do you think about Hokuto fighters having Danmaku and Teleportation?
am I missing something?
I think the Pressure Points section should have Sense Manipulation (Kenshiro was able to remove the Colonel's vision, screwed up Han's sight, restored Airi's vision, made Jagi hypersensitive)

In the "Other Abilities" section i think Hokuto fighters should have minor Earth Manipulation (Raoh was able to lift earth and shape them a shields only using his palm)

And in the Resistances section there's also Resistance to Pressure Points, Radiation Manipulation, Extrasensory Perception and Cellular Destruction (Ken was able to withstand Gento attacks without disintegrating)

Also, i found more Deconstruction via aura feats.

Last edited:
Does this list include abilities for Hokuto Ryuken?

Does Hokuto Ryuken have any known unique abilities?

True, what do you think about Hokuto fighters having Danmaku and Teleportation?
it's not TP, you can see him move right here, Hyoh just wasn't looking/bothering to sense him and Ken doesn't seem surprised, as stated in the manga, Kuroyasha can fly through space and that's about it, you might add the LR statement about his technique also inducing illusions in the opponent, but pretty much nothing shows him teleporting.
I don't like the Danmaku, I'd rather stick with abilities that are actually shown in the manga
I'll add them, although I don't know if Raoh's can be considered an Hokuto move proper, but whatever
And in the Resistances section there's also Resistance to Pressure Points, Radiation Manipulation, Extrasensory Perception and Cellular Destruction (Ken was able to withstand Gento attacks without disintegrating)
Resistance to Rads and Cellular Destruction are not Hokuto specific, they are just abilities characters have
As far as i know Kasumi, Ryuken and Kenshiro are from the same family
Ken hadn't met Ryuken before Kasumi's death, him saying that it's a thing his family taught him is weird, he could have just said that it's an Hokuto move, but whatever
Does this list include abilities for Hokuto Ryuken?

Does Hokuto Ryuken have any known unique abilities?
I will add those moves separately, same for every other martial art. yes, Ryuken has unique abilities

Tell me here when you have finished with reaching agreements please.

it's not TP, you can see him move right here, Hyoh just wasn't looking/bothering to sense him and Ken doesn't seem surprised, as stated in the
Well it's kinda unclear if he moved there. Hyoh was fighting with him i'm sure he was sensing him. Kuroyasha completely dissapearead from Hyoh's sight and appeared behind his back. the only way he could archive this is through teleportation. What about Possibly Teleportation?
I don't like the Danmaku, I'd rather stick with abilities that are actually shown in the manga
Liking or not, the game doesn't really contradicts the manga and given Buronson and Hara's involvement, i think it's absolutely usable.
Resistance to Rads and Cellular Destruction are not Hokuto specific, they are just abilities characters have
That's true.

Here's a list of the abilities granted by the major martial arts, I will add the sources of the abilities in the blog once I make it, along with who should have what abilities; as always, tell me if you think I missed something

Hokuto Shinken

Pressure Points:​

-Body control
-Statistics reduction
-Biological manipulation
-Death manipulation
-Life manipulation
-Explosion manipulation
-Empathic manipulation
-Mind manipulation
-Memory manipulation
-Mind control
-Sense manipulation
-Sleep manipulation
-Pain manipulation
-Statistics amplification
-Healing
-Paralysis inducement
-Purification
-Deconstruction
-Perception manipulation

Other Abilities​

-Statistics amplification (TKH e Kiko Yabu)
-Rage Power
-Extrasensory Perception
-Self-Ki Manipulation
-Aura
-Matter Manipulation
-Instinctive Reactions
-Precognition/Analytical Prediction
-Information Analysis
-Stealth Mastery
-Fate Manipulation
-Power Mimicry
-Reactive Evolution
-Accelerated Development
-Momentum Manipulation, Power Nullification, Attack Reflection (Soft fist)
-Invisibility
-Non-Existent Physiology
-Void Manipulation, Pocket-Reality Manip, Power Nullification, Immortality Type 8 (Soryu Tenha)
-Reactive Power-Level
-Air Manipulation
-Intangibility
-Soul Manipulation/BFR
-Air Manipulation (Kiko yabu)
-Earth Manipulation
-Limited Self-Sustenance 1
-Danmaku

Resistances​

-Precognition, Clairvoyance, Info Analysis
-Ki-manipulation
-Pressure Points

Nanto

-Bodily Weaponry
-Durability Negation
-Air Manipulation
-Platform Creation
-Illusion Creation
-Acrobatics
-Intangibility (full and selective)
-Minor Pressure Points

Gento Koken

-Existence Erasure
-Heat Manipulation
-Ice Manipulationn
-Sleep/Paralysis inducement
-Indirect resistance to Pressure Points
-Energy Projection

Hokuto Ryuken

-Aura
-Space, Gravity, Pocket Reality Manipulation
-Ki Manipulation
-Forcefield Creation
-Precognition
-Pressure Points
-Magic
-Deconstruction
-Heat Manipulation
-Void Manipulation/Non-Physical Interaction
-Telekinesis
-Levitation
-Large Size (matouki)
-Empathic Manipulation/Mind Manipulation
-Explosion Manipulation
-Limited Matter Manipulation
-Energy Projection
-Empowerment
-Stealth Mastery
-Deconstruction
-Extrasensory Perception
-Illusion Manipulation

Hokuto Sonkaken

-Ki manipulation
-Telekinesis
-Self Biological Manipulation
-Empowerment/Statistics Amplification
-Vibration Manipulation
-Sleep Inducement
-Fate Manipulation
-Pressure Points

Hokuto Sokaken

-Selective Intangibility
-Mind Control
-Heat Manipulation
-Energy Manipulation
-Telekinesis
-Damage Boost
-Energy Projection
-Pressure Points
-Body Control
-Statistics Amplification (Keikojutsu)

Kyokujuji Seiken

-Bodily Weaponry
-Air Manipulation
-Acrobatics
-Biological Manipulation
-Likely Pressure Points
-Limited Forcefield Creation
-Possibly Regeneration Negation

Seito Gekken

-Pressure Points
-Statistics Amplification (Keikojustu)
-Limited Invisibility/Illusion Creation
-Limited Teleportation
-Lightning and Fire Manipulation
-Regeneration Negation

Tento Seiken

-Biological Manipulation
-Statistics Amplification
-Transmutation/Corruption
-Deconstruction
-Life Manipulation
-Regeneration/Healing
-Petrification
-Ki Manipulation
-Pressure Points
-Immortality (Type 2, 8)
-Mind Manipulation
-Fire Manipulation
-Aura
-Forcefield Creation
-Light Manipulation

Last edited:
Very good @Twellas !

I think that the Pressure Points should grant minor Blood Manipulation (The Shinkesshū pressure point, can make all the blood in someone's body explode in 3 days) and Hokuto fighters should have Resistance to Extrasensory Perception (Ken was able to sneak up on Han who can sense Ki)

Also i have just a few questions:
  1. Gento's Existence Erasure: Does Gento really have Existence Erasure? I thought they just could disintegrate people.
  2. Nanto Platform Creation: I don't really remember Nanto having Platform Creation could you show a scan?
  3. Seito Gekken's Limited Teleportation: Again i don't really remember this, the only possibly Teleportation feat that i know is the one from Kuroyasha.
Still Great job

Last edited:
Gento's Existence Erasure: Does Gento really have Existence Erasure? I thought they just could disintegrate people.
Every single time Gento's destruction is mentioned, the japanese word used is "messatsu", which means "annihilate", whose definition is "to destroy something completely so that nothing is left:"
Nanto Platform Creation: I don't really remember Nanto having Platform Creation could you show a scan?
the Suichoken ultimate technique
Seito Gekken's Limited Teleportation: Again i don't really remember this, the only possibly Teleportation feat that i know is thw one from Kuroyasha.
In Regenesis Yasaka can kinda dislocate his own arms so that they appear through a portal that's away from his body
And there are links for all of these powers, right?
there are gonna be when I make the blog

Every single time Gento's destruction is mentioned, the japanese word used is "messatsu", which means "annihilate", whose definition is "to destroy something completely so that nothing is left:"
But just Erases the matter right?
the Suichoken ultimate technique
Yeah that's true.
Fair enough.

Are you getting close to a final ending agreement to this discussion soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back