• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fist Of The North Star Revision Part 1 (P&A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. Can somebody place a message on my forum wall after you have finally finished and I should come here to give a go-ahead?

I agree with all the powers that have been listed btw, just saying that now.

I still think stuff like Tenryū Kokyū Hō being a 3.33X multiplier is still legit, since it just taps into the rest of the users power, so Ken without it is only using 30%, him saying "a normal human can only tap into 30%" doesn't really debunk it since Ken himself (before using Tenryū Kokyū Hō) is using that same 30% as a normal human would. (Not to mention it's been accepted as a multiplier even before all the High 6-A upgrades so I don't see the issue with it now)

Can somebody explain the issues that currently need staff evaluations here please?

Can somebody explain the issues that currently need staff evaluations here please?
We are waiting for Twellas to finish the Verse-specific Powers and Abilities's Page for Hokuto Shinken and the other main Martial Arts of the series.

Aside for that the Tenryu Kokyu Hou legitimacy of being a multiplier its still discussed, but it seen to have been delayed until we finish the mentioned above page.

Other than that i don't recall any other major issues, aside maybe for the SoL/FTL feats, but it seen most of us agree on their legitimacy.

Last edited:
We are waiting for Twellas to finish the Verse-specific Powers and Abilities's Page for Hokuto Shinken and the other main Martial Arts of the series.

Aside for that the Tenryu Kokyu Hou legitimacy of being a multiplier its still discussed, but it has been delayed until we finish the mentioned above page.

Other than that i don't recall any other major issues, aside maybe for the SoL/FTL feats, but it seen most of us agree on their legitimacy.
Okay. That is good then.

@Twellas

How is your work with this proceeding?

I haven't started the page yet because I've been busy reading and analysing the HNK novel, which takes place after the mainline series, it's been an absolute pain in the ass to find and I had to scour through old italian forums, but I found it and read it.
There are no noteworthy feats in terms of power or speed (the only thing is Ken leaving an afterimage that lasts several seconds) but there are a few good skill feats, for instance, he has another form of precog, where he uses the opponent's breathing-rhythm to predict their moves, info analysis, seeing a person is enough for him to perfectly know his strength, average human bandits have an instinct that warns them when someone is stronger than them; general combat IQ, in HNK you pretty much have to fight in apnea because the slight loosening of muscles and the minuscule amount of nerves devoted to such an act and not the fight could be used by the opponent to win.
Also, there's an average human who attacks Ken and whose speed and power are doubled by being enraged, which kinda proves that rage does indeed constitute a multiplier

I haven't started the page yet because I've been busy reading and analysing the HNK novel, which takes place after the mainline series, it's been an absolute pain in the ass to find and I had to scour through old italian forums, but I found it and read it.
There are no noteworthy feats in terms of power or speed (the only thing is Ken leaving an afterimage that lasts several seconds) but there are a few good skill feats, for instance, he has another form of precog, where he uses the opponent's breathing-rhythm to predict their moves, info analysis, seeing a person is enough for him to perfectly know his strength, average human bandits have an instinct that warns them when someone is stronger than them; general combat IQ, in HNK you pretty much have to fight in apnea because the slight loosening of muscles and the minuscule amount of nerves devoted to such an act and not the fight could be used by the opponent to win.
Also, there's an average human who attacks Ken and whose speed and power are doubled by being enraged, which kinda proves that rage does indeed constitute a multiplier
Nice job finding this stuff, @Twellas (seriously, you sometimes carry this verse), but could we really assume that rage is always a 2x multiplier?

Okay. Thank you for helping out.

What do the rest of you think?

no, Hokuto users' should be much higher logically, since rage is literally the basis of Hokuto shinken and it's shown to create a no-selling gap, but it's just a nice bow on top to the idea that rage is an actual power boost
That makes sense. If a normal pleb gets a 2x multiplier, then for HNK users it should be way higher.

If the multipliers are accepted, then by stacking Rage Power with the other 2 multipliers, that gets him to 2 zettatons.

And if that Goten Sho calc that you made ever gets accepted at the high-end, that could boost the values even further (since 30% Raoh would scale far above it, though I don't know if Pre-Toki Bind Kenshiro would be able to scale to it).

That's great @Twellas nice to see some feats from the novel, i never had the opportunity to read Jubaku No Machi, i only watched the Shin Hokuto No Ken OVAS, which apparently is quite different from the novel.

I haven't read FotNS, but the art in Fist of the Blue Sky is amazing, and the protagonist also seems more sympathetic, and the setting less depressing.

Well, I haven't read FotNS, so I am likely off in my evaluation. It is a post-apocalyptic setting, so a more ruthless approach is probably necessary.

because he actually acts like a human being lmao.
Yeah, Ken's circumstanced were completely different and his attitude makes sense, but Kasumi is like, an objectively chiller, funnier guy
Kasumi is the one with more senses of humor sure.

Let us wait.

Aside for that the Tenryu Kokyu Hou legitimacy of being a multiplier it's still discussed, but it seen to have been delayed until we finish the mentioned above page.
A little recap
Arguments for the value of 3.3333x being a multiplier for versus debating and powerscaling purpose
1. A direct blind simple takeaway from the statement 'Ken stated that "normal humans can use 30% of their power/potential but (Ken) can use 100%"' and 100/30 = 3.3333...
2. It somehow allows character stats be downscaled or upscaled from one accepted feat instead of evaluating on multiple feats.
3. It allows differentiating different levels of characters instead of stating "everyone is comparable to or stronger than Jagi" or "everyone is comparable to Kaioh"

Arguments against the value of 3.3333x being a multiplier for versus debating and powerscaling purpose
1. That it serves more as a plot device in deciding a character gaining an advantage
(that Kenshiro flexed against Devil Rebirth after using TKH)
2. That the multiplying effect can get messy if the effect is permanent
3. That the value may not even be a set value. Blitzing a character usually gets 7.5x (borrowed from the AP stomp ratio), and by plot one character can just suddenly be able to dodge from one attack that one cannot normally dodge, or hit something that one normally cannot hit.
4. That bulking can be just one way of amplifying strength temporarily and this may not even be TKH.
5. That the battle value multiplications may not be directly correlated to the attack potency that is used for discussion on powerscaling and versus debating. It can be more of a skill utilisation or battle experience thing.
6. Ken stated that "normal humans can use 30% of their power/potential but (Ken) can use 100%" can just mean Ken can use more skills, have better stamina, etc. Again, not essentially an attack potency for versus debating purpose.
7. We have set standards on what to be accepted as multipliers. It is literally stated that "For example could a fiction in principle have a character become a 10 times more dangerous fighter just by increasing his combat technique, with only minor increases in stats." Tenryu kokyu Hou actually falls into this.

We have set standards of light dodging feats and lightning tagging feats.
Statements overlapped by statements are dangerous ways in deriving FTL speed.

And this does not count since it can simply be omitted drawing.

Other than those, we have low MHS to low MHS+ evaluated speed feats at best.

1. That it serves more as a plot device in deciding a character gaining an advantage
(that Kenshiro flexed against Devil Rebirth after using TKH)
non-argument
it's not permanent
3. That the value may not even be a set value. Blitzing a character usually gets 7.5x (borrowed from the AP stomp ratio), and by plot one character can just suddenly be able to dodge from one attack that one cannot normally dodge, or hit something that one normally cannot hit.
you're imposing VSBW convention to a fictional verse over the stated lore
4. That bulking can be just one way of amplifying strength temporarily and this may not even be TKH.
TKH is the only quantified amp, so regardless of whatever other amp Ken is using, it would still be lowballed to a 3x via every other amp being superior to TKH
5. That the battle value multiplications may not be directly correlated to the attack potency that is used for discussion on powerscaling and versus debating. It can be more of a skill utilisation or battle experience thing.
no, it's plainly stated and shown to be strength and speed
6. Ken stated that "normal humans can use 30% of their power/potential but (Ken) can use 100%" can just mean Ken can use more skills, have better stamina, etc. Again, not essentially an attack potency for versus debating purpose.
already debunked, all he's saying is that non-Shinken users use only 30% of their own potential regardless of how strong they are
7. We have set standards on what to be accepted as multipliers. It is literally stated that "For example could a fiction in principle have a character become a 10 times more dangerous fighter just by increasing his combat technique, with only minor increases in stats." Tenryu kokyu Hou actually falls into this.
as I already said, no
And this does not count since it can simply be omitted drawing.
prove it, it MAYBE being omitted drawing doesn't change the fact that the shadow isn't there. We're talkinga bout this artist, are you seriously gonna look at me and use "he forgot to draw the shadow" as an argument?
Other than those, we have low MHS to low MHS+ evaluated speed feats at best.
and we have several FTL ones

It's a literal technique.
It is not.
As i said earlier, while here, it has to be 7.5 times to be called AP stomp and speed blitz. i don't think that the Tenryu Kokyu Ho makes the user 7.5 times more powerful, i mean a 80's series had no way of knowing that in VSBW one had to be 7.5 times more powerful to blitz the someone, Kenshiro accurately states that TKH makes someone use the rest 70% of his power (aka getting 3.33x stronger) , there's no problem in taking his words literally, him speed blitzing a foe just serves to show that he gets more powerful after using TKH.
It's consistently shown that everytime we see Kenshiro using TKH, there's a increase in his muscle mass.
No it's explicitly stated to be a stat boost
Again if Hokuto Shinken users already used 100% of their power by nature, there wouldn't exist a technique for it, it would be just them being them, also in Ken's rage, the description for Tenryu Kokyu Ho is "A breathing technique that unleashes the fearsome power which resides within the human body. Most people only use 30% of their physical capacity, but this technique allows Kenshiro to unlock the full 100%." there it is, it clearly states that is the Tenryu Kokyu Ho that allows Ken to unlock 100% of his power.
No, Tenryu Kokyu Ho has no contradictions within the series, and does not clash with VSBW standards.
Statements overlapped by statements are dangerous ways in deriving FTL spee
But we have feats, such as Ken clearly reacting to Falco's light, which is stated on panel to be light and behaves like it.

Can be side training or not but I want to say:

By looking into the profiles of Bleach, I think we can classify the touki practitioners into similar ways: some are shared abilities, some are specific to Hokuto no Ken branch, some are specific to Hokuto Shinken (low to god tiers), some are specific to only higher tiers of the branch/sub branch.

I think classification in this way will be far better than how Twellas' current blog is presenting. Maybe he is trying to present what I say but he has a lot of presentation rework to do.

If somebody writes a list of all the knowledgeable members who have helped out in this thread earlier, I can send a notification message to them afterwards, so we can get something constructive done here.

So I just re-read most of HNK and SNK like i was a speedrunner, and i made a doc of most of the abilities that should be put in the blog and trust me, there is alot, still i would appreciate if @Twellas provided the scans for:

Hokuto Sonkaken:
-Empowerment/Statistics Amplification:
-Vibration Manipulation:

Hokuto Sokaken:
-Selective Intangibility:

Kyokujuji Seiken:
-Likely Pressure Points:

Tento Seiken:
-Transmutation:
-Petrification:
-Immortality Type 2, 8:
-Forcefield Creation:

Other than that, we should discuss about the abilities, and make corrections if necessary.

OBS: The "Non-Specific Abilities" and "Non-Specific Resistances" sections, will not necessarily be put in the blog, i just put there in case i'll forget.

Last edited:
So I just re-read most of HNK and SNK like i was a speedrunner, and i made a doc of most of the abilities that should be put in the blog and trust me, there is alot, still i would appreciate if @Twellas provided the scans for:

Hokuto Sonkaken:
-Vibration Manipulation:

Hokuto Sokaken:

Kyokujuji Seiken:
-Likely Pressure Points:

Tento Seiken:
-Transmutation:
-Petrification:
-Immortality Type 2, 8:
-Forcefield Creation:

Other than that, we should discuss about the abilities, and make corrections if necessary.

OBS: The "Non-Specific Abilities" and "Non-Specific Resistances" sections, will not necessarily be put in the blog, i just put there in case i'll forget.
@Twellas @Stefano4444 @FoxySonicMaster108 @Eseseso @Jasonsith

Hokuto Sonkaken:
-Vibration Manipulation:

Hokuto Sokaken:

Kyokujuji Seiken:
-Likely Pressure Points:

Tento Seiken:
-Transmutation:
-Petrification:
-Immortality Type 2, 8:
-Forcefield Creation:

Looks good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back