• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

FIRST ROUND OF THE POKEMON TOURNAMENT: Zoroark vs Milotic

PaChi2

VS Battles
Retired
Ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to first edition of the Official Pokemon Tournament (OPT) of the vsBattles wiki!

Let me tell you quickly the rules:

1) 2 pokemon will fight 1 v 1.

2) No trainer is present, no human, and no other life form.

3) The pokemon are assumed to be experienced in fighting and can use every move available to them, including Egg moves and tutor moves (the last part may change, though)

4) The only winning condition is KO or death!

Without further delay, let me introduce you the contenders for the title!

Zoroark (1)and Milotic (6)!!!

This fight takes place in Sootopolis City (very thematic for milotic if you ask me)!!!!!!

Milotic is female, Zoroark is male. Milotic knows she is fighting a Zoroark (or at least knows how Zoroark looks like as he does not start transformed).

Zoroark
350Milotic

Gender matters here due to Cute Charm. What's the gender?

Furthermore, due to Illusion, does Milotic know that it's a Zoroark or no?

The real cal howard said:
Gender matters here due to Cute Charm. What's the gender?
Furthermore, due to Illusion, does Milotic know that it's a Zoroark or no?
lemme edit the Rules.

What would Zoroark be disguised as to start with, if anything?

Edit: nvm

Alright, one boon for Milotic is that it has a Super Effective move in Disarming Voice. Also, given that Zoroark is a physical attacker, Cute Charm comes into play.

One boon for Zoroark is that due to Foul Play, using stat boosting moves is more beneficial for it than Milotic, especially since Milotic is better at it due to Marvel Scale.

Zoroark is fast and powerful but a glass cannon. Milotic is very tanky, and hits pretty hard too, plus it's not that slow. I'd say Milotic has the advantage in stats.

Due to Zoroark's mobility + speed amps, Milotic will be hard pressed to hit it. That being said, Milotic has a wide variety of status inducing moves such as Attract, Confuse Ray and Hypnosis, healing with Aqua Ring + Recover, and has powerful moves like Hydro Pump to nail Zoroark. Milotic can neuter Zoroark's advantages pretty well, so ima side with female gyarados

I'll probably side with Wallace's main as well, but Zoroark does have access to Taunt.

However, Milotic's hard hitting game is too good. While Zoroark does have Punishment to counter Milotic's boosts, Zoroark will still have to hit Milotic, who's pelting it with hard hitting Water moves boosted by Rain Dance.

If we reach 7-0 I will skip to the next fight. Just saying.

Oh, btw. Given that Xatu and Dusknoir are contestants, are they allowed to use their specific haxes on opponents or is it strictly a Pokemon battle?

Zorarck puts Milotic in an illusion and then the match is pretty much over.

Like we saw in the movie Zorarch is able to use it's illusory abilies with a lot of versatility, being able to make other think he shapeshited and manipulating the battlefield to his liking

And Zoroarck has the intelligence advantage in his bag, as he's a natural trickster and was shown to be able to keep up with multiple pokemons teaming up on him.

He's be able to counter Milotic using status effect moves by taunting her.

Meanwhile he can boost both his physical, special and speed via nasty plot, sword dance and agility.

And if Milotic tries using attract he can just use protect or detect.

I vote Zoroarck

The real cal howard said:
Oh, btw. Given that Xatu and Dusknoir are contestants, are they allowed to use their specific haxes on opponents or is it strictly a Pokemon battle?
Strictly a Pokémon battle, sorry. Though stuff like Dusknoir becoming intangible is allowed, as its a natural trait for ghosts.

PaChi2 said:
Strictly a Pokémon battle, sorry. Though stuff like Dusknoir becoming intangible is allowed, as its a natural trait for ghosts.
But why tho ?

The main deal of Zororck is putting people inside illusions.

That seems like nerfing some pokemons for no good reason to me

Overlord775 said:
PaChi2 said:
But why tho ?
The main deal of Zorarck is putting people inside illusions.

That seems like nerfing some pokemons for no good reason to me
nerfing? Psychic pokemon hax everyone except Darks, then. Ghosts soul hax everyone. Alakazam cannot lose.

It's called balance. This is not meant to be added to the profiles.

But Zoroark can use illusions in battle (his personal ability) so his illusory powers arent nerfed here.

You should have said it in the registration thread because the only reasons I chose Zoroarck and Dusknoir were for LOL sharingan and LOL soul screw and black holes respectively

Overlord775 said:
You should have posted it in the registration thread because the only reasons I chose Zoroarck and Dusknoir were for LOL sharingan and LOL soul screw and black holes
Zoroark can use illusions.

How dies the illsuion work to where it's that decicive?

I thought it was just like a disguise kit?

If so Milotic FRA

If not, I'll see.

IvoryAS said:
How dies the illsuion work to where it's that decicive?
I thought it was just like a disguise kit?

If so Milotic FRA

If not, I'll see.
In-game (as I haven't seen the movie), Zoroark can 'transform' its appearance into that of another Pokemon, but it wears away after one hit.

Zoroark has been shown more consistently to use illusions in small scale or just to disguise himself.

For the sake of simplicity we assume he wont pull a mismagius and warp the battlefield into a illusion.

Yes.

The mountain guy said: "What are you talking about, you have God!"

And in Italian, "God" is "Dio", like the JoJo character.

TriforcePower1 said:
Yes.

The mountain guy said: "What are you talking about, you have God with you!"

And in Italian, "God" is "Dio", like the JoJo character.
Porca miseria.

Back