• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem Discussion thread: New Forum, New Mystery of the Emblem

Why does FEH scaling have to be so inconsistent. First Flavia ties with a Book 6 Alfonse despite him defeating Ike all the way in Book 1, and now Anna states that a bunch of Heroes are too strong for them to order around despite that being clearly contradicted

Ike or Byleth being the strongest lord both seem like exceptionally fitting choices; the former due to being stronger than the strongest swordsman who ever lived the latter due to literally being fused with the creator Goddess and being the fastest character in the series.

I was considering to attempt upgrading Ike once I got done with 4-A (maybe also Priam, though if I used Priam's statement I'd have to upgrade Walhart, at least after his recruitment/resurrection)

"Ike being an unparalleled warrior" is a canon statement (at least as of Awakening) and would make Ike stronger than, for example, Marth or Chrom (especially since this statement comes from Chrom after performing the Awakening, iirc)

Everyone who Ike currently scales to would, of course, downscale (and so on)

Though it is dubious as to whether or not Ike is stronger than Byleth, at least according to IS

There aren't any statements that indicate how strong Byleth is compared to the other lords, which is understandable, since it's the latest mainline entry, and Three Houses came out after Book I.

That is true, however Ike would only be (canonically) stronger than Corrin due to being stronger than Grima, rather than being considered an unparalleled warrior as of Awakening

Technically, if Anankos wasn't weaker than Naga, Corrin being stronger than Ike could, theoretically, have been legitimate (though this statement did get repeated in FEH)

Also, if Three Hopes introduces a feat greater than 4-A, say Arval and/or Sothis perform some sort of Tier 2 feat, we can't just scale Ike to Tier 2 for being stronger than Byleth or Shez, since neither of them existed at the time of the "Ike be big boy strong" statements

I mean, considering that each statement of "Ike unga bunga man" came from people that didn't even know what TMS is at the time, I'd say it's fair to assume they weren't comparing Ike to Itsuki

Isn't TMS Tier 1 now?

Also, when I was talking about "Byleth and Ike being the strongest is fitting" I wasn't really talking from a cross scaling perspective but only from an individual universe perspective. Ike is consistently portrayed as like the strongest man in his own universe by far by the end of Radiant Dawn; or rather him surpassing people who are often regarded as the strongest swordsman who ever lived is pretty much his character arc. And most lords are usually a leader before they are a fighter but are excellent fighters regardless where as Ike is a fighter before he is a leader but is an excellent leader regardless. Though, I know the same thing could be said about Hector being a fighter before his is a leader in FE7 as well as Dimitri.

And as for Byleth, there's the fact that He/She is the goddess herself as well as her reincarnation/great grandchild. Which literally being the goddess gives the impression that imagine of Ashunera was the main lord of the Tellius games and managed to have her full powers during the very mid point of the game. Plus Byleth being the very strongest is also consistent with all Three Houses routes. I not saying that has anything to do with him/her having the best tier, but Byleth is the one seen as most overpowered from a unit perspective and a story protagonist perspective.

Tbh Byleth is basically just Fódlan's Ike, except Byleth receives their power increase long before Ike ever would (from their game's perspective, anyway)

It's like if Ike received power from Yune halfway through Path of Radiance (or, rather even Ashunera given Sothis has literally performed the same feat)

Last edited:
I mean, considering that each statement of "Ike unga bunga man" came from people that didn't even know what TMS is at the time, I'd say it's fair to assume they weren't comparing Ike to Itsuki
Eh, I don't think there are any statements that indicate they didn't know who the TMS characters were.
Isn't TMS Tier 1 now?
Currently, yes, but they could be downgraded due to crossover standards and such.

Eh, I don't think there are any statements that indicate they didn't know who the TMS characters were.
Meet The Heroes has statements regarding how their world was being investigated after they came to Askr

iirc their Forging Bonds and Paralogue also covered the fact that they had only then arrived in Askr

Meet The Heroes has statements regarding how their world was being investigated after they came to Askr

iirc their Forging Bonds and Paralogue also covered the fact that they had only then arrived in Askr
Can't find those statements, but even if they only just arrived in Askr, the library of Askr still has information about Heroes and their worlds well before their arrival, which makes sense considering Kiran can't summon Heroes without knowing who they are.

Off topic, and not sure how many people are interested in Triangle Strategy, but I made a thread for that game.

I do not wish to derail the thread with that game, but it does have similarities and differences to Fire Emblem and wanted to leave a link in case anyone is curious.

I wonder if Earth Dragon Medeus (the not Super Moderator) would ever be added to FEH? He's still the very first final boss in the entire series and probably still has a chance

Maybe as a Legendary Hero in contrast to DarkDragonMedeus being Mythic?

Yeah, up until know we've really only had renders of FE1/3 Medeus and a Cipher card with quite a bit going on (also being of his dragon form anyway)

Wonder if we should replace the images on his profile or reserve them for "Medeus (Fire Emblem Heroes)"? (Or just use it for both)

If the Mag/Res stat were canon, FE4 characters would have over 20+ layers of power null, madness, sleep, etc due to how staves work

It technically is, just probably not in that capacity

Also Manga Sleep when it doesn't actually put people to sleep, but rather takes away control over their bodies and also works as an AoE

Still need to get to making those profiles, tbh

There was a rule a while back about adding resistances to profiles unless it's equipment specific.

Yeah, I've only been adding things like "Resistance to Magic" when it's an item or skill that increases Res (or passively reduces damage from Magic)

The 1 Res = 1 Layer of Resistance is kinda wild, though, even if we can't use it, cause then we'd have stuff like Tyrfing passively giving Sigurd/Seliph 20 layers of resistance against Sleep/Madness/Power Null

Even various lords do canonically have great magic resistance even if their in game stats seem to contradict it.

I think it's just a random assumption, I don't think it's particularly reliable and the mass of the dragon should be calculated. Though, Grima was calculated at Class E.

I think other dragons should be calculated separately, but I don't expect anything less than class 25, but at the same time, I don't see how most dragons are any higher than Class 100. Though I agree Grima shouldn't scale to anyone other than himself. Unless Robin possessing Grima's Holy Blood means they inherit all his physical strength, something that JSW implied having a simple drop of a Dragon's Blood in their veins grants them their full strength.

I believe it was stated in FE4, but that's typically about using the weapons

I suppose that maybe, just maybe, it would apply to Endgame Robin, who did make use of Grima's power (probably not LS, though)

Back