• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem Discussion Thread 5: Fire Emblem Three Houses, One Basement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to check to see if any other continent in the FE series was ever given a stated size (the answer is no), and I found this forum: https://forums.serenesforest.net/index.php?/topic/86551-the-size-of-fire-emblem-continents/ where someone tried to calc the size of Archanea, Valentia, and Magvel. Now of course the methods they used we're most likely flawed, but it makes me wonder, has someone on the site tried to calc the size of the continents within the FE series?

Yeah, lots of those seem really bad. But Tellius has similar geography to Australia based on the shape. And Elibe has a similar shape to Europe.

It is difficult to calc from that angle, plus it is backwards. Valentia is was of Archanea, not the other way around. But it's worth looking into.

True, but this was likely made in the 90's so that might be why the continents are backwards, and you can still probably get they're size from it. Just need to find someone that has the time to calc it.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Where is it stated that Fodlan is 2/3's the size of Fodla. And Baseline Continent level is nuking all of Russia just a heads up. We usually just assume it's average continent size and that one-shotting it would be roughly Continent level. Unless the geography shows the structure resembling certain RL continents.
Confused screaming

Sinking the world into a watery grave by the pillars of light. Sounds vague, but those statements sound like they'd make impressive lore and elaborate on the Javelins of Light's power.

That's not what I was referring to though.

"The False God must be defeated before the world turns into a watery grave. To this end (defeating the false god) the children of men (Aghartans) have erected pillars of light opon the land. Thinis, Malim, Septem and Llium were utterly destroyed. Those lands have vanished from the world. (Destroyed by the Javelins of light used to try to defeat Sothis). Yet even still the False God stands (AKA confirmation that this destruction wasn't caused by Sothis)

I've yet to play the new DLC or really look into the rest of the context around these statements, but considering how powerful we've seen them so far, this just doesn't seem to be consistant for the JOL.

The only assumption I've got is the situations they're talking about here involve a LOT more strikes than what we saw used in the base game.

And we have no idea what these lands are, or how large they are. I think it's safe to assume they are countries though. but I think it's safe to assume they were originally part of Fodlan, as even in the legends, it was stated that the land was destroyed in the war between the Goddess and the agarthans

Those lands are actually infinite dimensional multiverses that exist within a hyperversal structure.

And each JoL can destroy an infinite amount of those.

And Rhea can tank JoLs.

In other words, time to upgrade the verse.

ovo

Even if the JoL can't be upgraded, I think it's safe to assume that a weakened Sothis is at least 7-A, since they were unable to be defeated by them. Not to mention, Sothis should be stronger than her children. Then again, I guess that would make merged Byleth pretimeskip 7-A.

But I think the SotC itself would still be Low 7-B, since nemesis doesn't have Sothis' powers, only the full powered sotc.

Agarthans: scared of drowning, so they build a base where the water can't reach them. Also Agarthans: Builds their base near the coastline.

Considering a possible Three Houses Meteor getting calculated at Low 7-B, which would scale to a lot of characters given Dorothea, Anna, or Hanneman aren't god tier characters of any sort and just comparable to other students and professors who aren't Byleth.

And I agree weakened Sothis seems more legit at 7-A with the likes of Seiros and Nemesis being those tiers in general. And the Sword of the Creator's Low 7-B feat was an extremely casual. Nemesis getting stronger post resurrection does make sense, but I don't really see how the jump would be that big.

I do agree SotC itself could simply be Low 7-B without Sothis' influence.

If fodder characters do become Low 7-B, then it's very likely that Pre―Timeskip Sothis Fused Byleth is 7-B, since Byleth scales at least 2x stronger than Crest Stones which would be superior to Meteor Characters

No one pre-timeskip is 7-A

As for JoL, we could have them be "At least 7-A, possibly 6-B" and indicate the reasoning that they were stated to possibly destroy countries in the past

Regarding the countries thing, I would say that if we do accept these statements, we do as Aubin stated.

But my one issue is that are we to assume 1 JoL did this or were there multiple JoL that did this. We should think about these facts.

Yeah, Javelins of Light are weapons Those who Slither have very few of. It clearly took more than one to sink Countires, but they shouldn't be any weaker than Tier 6, and even 7-A was a casual low end.

If we assume that sinking these countries is baseline 6-B as a lowball, since their is no way to actually calc the sinking of these countries, then we can do some more multipliers

In the game, Thales fires off all the Javelins of Light he has before he dies, they fire off a total of 7 across the whole story, we could assume that they used 7 to sink countries as well, making a single Javelin of Light 1/7 as strong as baseline 6-B, which would be Baseline Low 6-B

So maybe they could be "At least 7-A, possibly Low 6-B"

Should we try to calc the size of these said countries by finding the median average? (By finding the median in sq km of land in the empire, kingdom, and alliance.)

It's also possible that Fodlan used to be bigger; if there were landmasses getting "Sunk" that would imply there used to be even more landmasses.

Yea, I've gotten 6 or 7 gameovers from that chapter alone. Just gambit spam in that last room and I think you'll be good.

(Can we also appreciate how OP the chalice is Ingame?)

What.

It's not that complicated.

You must save your gambits for the last wave and trigger only when all your characters are in the vicinity.

You mean the ones from the last wave or the ones from before?

The ones before you dont have to fight, you just cross each mid-mission objective and they disappear.

Im talking about hard difficulty, just to be clear.

I play on the highest difficulty settings. And yeah, Charm is everything regarding Gambits: Damage given, tanking, evading, and accuracy.

Hit chance for gambits is based on charm instead of other stats. Just give gambits to your units with the best charm and make use of linked gambits.

So, since Fodlan is 2/3 the surface area of Europe, that means that Fodlan's Surface Area is 6786666.66 Km^2

Slightly small for a continent, but still a moderate size.

N691hsl5seg31-5d556759e01e0-png 700
And here are the irl continents depicted accurately in size (the dark spots are the accurate size) just for a little bit of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back