• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
unknown.png
Yep, you edited it!

Kisame is primarily a brute force type fighter who relies on his physical strength and Samehada's sharp scales to overpower and shred his opponents.
However, he's also deceptively skilled. He can match master martial artists like Might Guy, who's arguably the most skilled Taijutsu expert in the verse. His swordsmanship Is good enough to match Killer B, who's just as skilled as the likes of Sasuke and Itachi. Speaking of Itachi, he's also sparred with him.
And of course, he's a member of The Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, arguably the most prolific group of swordsmen in the verse.
So yeah, he's got a lot skill, surprisingly so.

Honestly, IDK. Like I said, I dunno jack about FT. I can list some of Kisame's abilities, though.
The most important tool at his disposal is Samehada, his blade. It's a sentient sword that can sense and absorb chakra upon contact. It also shreds rather than cut its victims, and can move on its own to return to Kisame in case he lost it. It can also heal him from some pretty gruesome injuries. Finally, the chakra Samehada absorbs can be used to strengthen Kisame and his Jutsu, so the stronger the opponent, the stronger Kisame will get. His stamina also gets replenished.
It should also be noted that Samehada is far more durable than Kisame himself, with its dura sitting at High 7-A+.

Kisame can also move underground, like a shark.
He can create massive bodies of water, a mountain sized water dome in which he can trap his opponents and sense their chakra, countless danmaku water sharks to overwhelm his opponents under water, a giant water shark that can absorb chakra, and even water clones. He can also create water prison balls around victims which paralyze them.

I'd also like to touch on Kisame's insane stamina and pain tolerance. Like, most Akatsuki members, he can supply the Biju extraction ritual with chakra for days on end (at least 6 iirc). He is also noted several times to have the highest stamina out of all the Akatsuki. He backs this up with disgusting pain tolerance feats. He completely shrugs off getting stabbed, biting his own tongue off, literally getting eaten alive, having his chest blown wide open, etc. Combine that with Samehada replenishing his stamina, and boom! Good luck outlasting this guy lol.

Yeah, that's about it off the top of my head.
Nastu weaves his strike and turns Kisame into fish sticks.
Read this

More skilled in what aspects?
Kakuzu has a much better taijutsu showing via his fight with Kakashi
I'm not so sure about ninjutsu
Kakuzu’s taijutsu showing against Kakashi isn’t good at all given Kakuzu’s stat advantage and the multiple times Kakashi got hit by jutsu as well as burning through his chakra with several Raikiri and using the Sharingan for a good while that day. Then the most important part being the hth sequence is anime only and doesn’t happen in the manga so it’s non canon.

Natsu can see people throw a few punches and download their entire move set; holds back to Sting and Rogue’s level yet clowns them in a 1v2; can beat Gajeel who has the same skill as Natsu; and fights Erza (who even conceded Natsu would beat her) who is able to wield 4 swords at the same time with equal proficiency in her hands and feet, can deflect danmaku in the hundreds, and is able to fend off Racer and Cobra in a 1v2 using a single sword without taking a hit.

Then we have his senses which just through smell alone let’s him predict where Jellal (who can keep up with CHC Erza who skill stomped Ikaruga that skill stomped the Erza stuff mentioned above) is going to strike from despite a blitzworthy speed gap and is about to nail Jellal in the face before the latter speeds up even more with Meteor.

Natsu isn’t getting touched here at all.

Back