• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This is honestly good to go, but it's better to wait for everyone's page to be ready to be updated before doing it.

Also their notable attack/techniques will need quite a bit of updating.

Yeah, I think it also needs to be separated by tabs to matc this,

These are also a first version of the abilities. Stuff may be removed or corrected still.

EDIT: Another thing that's possible to cut down the walls of text is to move most of the explanations to the Attack and Technique's section.

EDIT 2: Gonna try removing the abilities explanation from the list of abilities and just leave the context of non-battle abilities. I'll add the details to the special attacks section rewriting I'm working on right now.

Alrighty, so a rather big update (I also added this to the first post):

Cloud's Revised Abilities (Second Version)

Profile's document: Cloud's Profile

Just copy and paste then preview to look at the profile.

List of changes from version 1:

-Small edit to Tier and Attack Potency: Summons go from 5-A to 4-B instead to Unknown, as it was considered Knights of the Round qualify as 4-B by being comparable to Safer Sephiroth and how their own feat is a 4-A or perhaps higher, which would falls into an outlier.

-Added Statistics Amplification via Ultima Weapon, and Duplication via Omnislash Version 6 to Inherent and Equipment Abilities section.

-Added missing Resistance to Silence thanks to the Ribbon.

-Made the Notable Attacks/Techniques section with explanations of the important moves and Materia in Cloud's arsenal. This also allowed to remove lengthy explanations from the Abilities section and shorten it considerably.

-Enemy Skills are mentioned under Power Mimicry, though as limited.

-Materia combinations are explained in detail in the notable attacks section.

-Changed a bit the note at the end commenting about which Materia Cloud canonically has.
Reson why I don't just post the profile sample here is because tabs don't work in messages for some reason. They do at first, but after a refresh or leaving the page they disappear and the text becomes a messy wall.

Thanks, I think I'll just update Vincent's profile according to the original game for now to fit with the changes with Cloud and Tifa. I'll take a look at Dirge of Cerberus later to add possible changes from that game later on.

I hate that game.

Ah, got it. I'll fix that.

Sorry for the silly question, but: how can I use the [[ ]] to link to abilities that are not listed by their exact names? For example: I mention Sleep Inducement instead of Sleep Manipulation, if I use the [[ ]] it would lead to a red link.

Thanks for the help, BTW.

All right, so update (added to the original post as well).

Fixed the code in Cloud's profile and tweaked a few things. Made Tifa and Sephiroth's profiles. Same as before, copy the code in a message and preview it to see the profile with the edits:

Cloud: http://www.mediafire.com/file/60bk5ehs24x833c/Cloud%27s_Profile_Sample.txt/file

Tifa: http://www.mediafire.com/file/6xmqp3ml5kyz8y9/Tifa%27s_Profile_Sample.txt/file

Sephy: http://www.mediafire.com/file/pz99pv9d1v4mzb2/Sephiroth%27s_Profile_Sample.txt/file

Summary of overall changes

Cloud:

-Fixed the code according to what Dark suggested.

-Fixed some errors in the profile. -Minor tweaks at the explanation of his durability and intelligence

-Limit Break section explains what they are and a bit of how they work

Tifa:

-Added Statistics Amplification via the Premium Heart to Inherent and Equipment section.

-Added a key to her tiers for the Summons, the same as Cloud's.

-Tweaked a few details regarding the explanation of her stats (such as her speed, durability and attack potency.

-Expanded the equipment section and added a summary for each piece.

-Added the Notable Attacks and Techniques section and explanations of her limits

Sephiroth:

-Cleaned up quite a bit the Abilities Section

-Tweaked a few details of the explanations of his stats, just like Tifa.

-Expanded on the weaknesses section regarding his arrogance.

-Added the Notable Attacks and Techniques section
Will later add pictures of the notable equipment and provide links of sources and proof of some of the explanations in the profiles.

Going through Dirge of Cerberus to check more stuff on Vincent before his profile is done. Also reading the On the Way to a Smile to find stuff I may have missed.

Looks good. But some nitpicks, you should probably use "*" bullets for Standard Equipment and Notable Attacks/Techniques, and it seems like in Sephiroths's summary you have two empty lines and you should sparate their ages with "|".

Ogbunabali said:
Looks good. But some nitpicks, you should probably use "*" bullets for Standard Equipment and Notable Attacks/Techniques, and it seems like in Sephiroths's summary you have two empty lines and you should sparate their ages with "|".
I agree with this.

Still working on the profiles (adding the corrections mentioned), didn't want to comment until done, but I am having issues with something: I want to link some explanations found in the Ultimania and Ultimania Omega translations, however the sites of the guides don't have anchors to create jump links... So what can i do? They are translations posted in the sites, so I can't just take a screenshot of the section. Or I could, and then link to the whole thing? I dunno.

I though about that, but the translations are in a txt and in a website, the guides never received official translations. So I thought it may come as I am making it up for someone who's checking the page.

Other thing I thought, is take a screenshot of the whole page (with adress tab of the navigator and everything so it can be seen that what I am mentioning is actually there) and highlight the part I am mentioning in the profile.

So, just wanted to mention work is still in progress and I haven't given up or anything. Added a good deal of Vincent's profile and began to add screenshots of Ultimanias and links as backup of the descriptions. So far so good IMHO

So, update here for those curious to see how things are going: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:TartaChocholate/FFVII_Abilities_Additions_and_expansio

Still has stuff missing, like some references and some links that prove some of the stuff listed in there. Things got a lot slower this last week since I got surgery on one of my arms, but retaking the pace.

Also got the game for the Switch and taking advantage of that to record vids of the stuff I was missing to link it later.

PaChi2 said:
Resurrectiom is an Eh from my part.
I wouldnt add it, but oh well.
The blog is still a proposal, though, nothing is really set in stone. If there's anything you have doubts about or just feel it's wrong feel free to bring it up.

I mean, the argument I'd use against Resurrection being a thing is that Phoenix Downs, as well as Arise and the like cant revive people in the plot, which either means that those instances are game mechanics or PIS.

And this is recurred in the franchise, most notably FF II and V.

I had the same gripe as well, to be honest (and actually mentioned it in the original document). Not to mention that, aside what you mention (which is also seen with Galuf's death in FFV, where Bartz's team did try to revive him with Phoenix Downs to no avail), reviving the dead goes against FFVII message of the ephemeral nature of life.

Also, the issue that the Dead status (with no HP left) is called "Unable to fight" and translated as KO later on, so it's more like critically wounded and unconscious. So not exaclty PIS, and more like healing magic has its limits.

Though, I guess I could move the mention of Life and Phoenix to "Healing" and the characters being able to heal themselves from unconsciousness and critical injuries, but not lethal damage.

No changes have been applied yet. The revisions were considered Ok for the most part, but on advice I decided to make a blog with all the changes to show all the details and make a CRT again once that is done.

While working on it I decided to just go all the way with it and replayed FFVII and dug into the Ultimanias, Interviews and the On the Way to Smile Novels so a lot of stuff was reworked (didn't touch the tiering tough).

The reworked profiles I will propose can be seen here . Cloud and Tifa are done, almost finished with Sephiroth.

TartaChocholate said:
No changes have been applied yet. The revisions were considered Ok for the most part, but on advice I decided to make a blog with all the changes to show all the details and make a CRT again once that is done.
While working on it I decided to just go all the way with it and replayed FFVII and dug into the Ultimanias, Interviews and the On the Way to Smile Novels so a lot of stuff was reworked (didn't touch the tiering tough).

The reworked profiles I will propose can be seehere . Cloud and Tifa are done, almost finished with Sephiroth.
Cool.

I'm curious, does this revision buff the characters immensely?

I'd say yes? It does expand a lot their skillsets. Their tiers remain unchanged aside a small tweak on Cloud and Sephy that's relatively minor, but they did get a lot of new abilities and quite a few resistances.

I kind of wanted to make a fight between Sephiroth since I learned that George Newburn voiced both characters.

But if Sephiroth is too haxxy, then that might be a mistake.

Well, we have to wait and see yet. Keep in mind this is a proposal, so everything there must be evaluated first, there are chances of not being too many additions in the end depending on what the outcome is.

And Superman (that's who you mean, right?) has many versions so one may be a good fit for a fight.

So, decided to make a new thread here.To keep things ordered and not mix up with older versions I say we take the discussion there. Sorry for the bother, and thanks for your patience guys. Can this thread be locked?

Back