• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

FF9 Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I will be honest. I am a huge ff9 fanboy. It is my favorite video game. Period

That said, I personally have problems with the original calc that I pointed out as well another calc member did

It does not count for the other planet (terra) moving

Calc mentioned: http://www.narutoforums.com/xfa-blog-entry/final-fantasy-ix-feat-garland-moves-gaia-and-terra.26564/ This resulted in large planet level+, but it should be higher.

I will let Unite My Rice, the gentleman who did this calc explain.

Thanks to Unite my Rice for this calc and I will just rip exactly what he said from the calc request page:

I literally typed out the whole calc and forgot about the 20 minute limit and it all got erased. But to make it short and sweet..ÔÇ¿ The moon doesn't matter. Moving the planet yields about 48.108 ninatons, and the moon only changes the numbers after the decimal (assuming it's our moon, since the planet he uses has Earth's diameter, but not its mass). Planet moving AP = 48.108 ninatons, or 48108 yottatons Moon moving AP = 244 yottatons. 48108.70 + 244.02 = 48352.72 yottatons, or 48.35272 ninatons. However, I don't know why he only calculated one pair, when there are two pairs. Doubling the result would yield 96 ninatons, making it High 5-A.

I think this sums it up pretty well Garland moved two planets before into position, thus making him High 5-A

We can also upgrade Zidane and Kuja to at least At Least High 5-A Kuja killed garland casually so we can assume is stronger just by an unknown amount.

Zidane is in the same boat, he is stronger then Garland by an unknown amount

I have a simplified key for everyone

Base Everyone such Kuja, Zidane, Garnet etc: High 5-A

Trance Kuja and Zidane: At Least High 5-A

I am here to ask the community on their thoughts, the calc was already high end large planet level anyway

High 5-A Final Fantasy Characters? (Obviously the calc members will have to verify this calc)

Well, it's not like it's horrifically inconsistent.

But I'd like to hear what our calc team members have to say about this, since commentary was minimal on that post.

Right, that is why I made this post I am fine with how Zidane is right now

But I cant just let these inconsistencies boggle my mind.

I do believe it is possible.

But possible and realistic is two different things.

Unite My Rice said:
I'll blog this with the full version so you can use the link instead.
Thanks man.

It will probably help since I do plan on revising the verse myself. Most of these changes, if they get approved would be relatively quick.

I will ask The Everlasting to comment here.

Are we sure that the Relativistic+ speed by scaling from Bahamut dodging and weave through Alexander Divine Judgement is accurate?.

Dark649 said:
Are we sure that the Relativistic+ speed by scaling from Bahamut dodging and weave through Alexander Divine Judgement is accurate?.
I just woke up, so pardon me. But honestly, it is the only feat in the series that clocked Relativistic+ It does seem a bit high end. Especially since for the longest time, Zidane being able to outrun the lifa tree was his justification for his speed, but that is only mach 150 something.

I think a recalc of that feat might also be needed too. It does seem rather higher end most of the game is MHS to MHS+ in speed feats.

That said, the scaling itself? The only three people who should be for sure relativistic minus Alexander are Zidane, Kuja and Garland. Maybe Garnet as well since she can summon Alexander has this speed, but that is the only other chara main party who qualifies. And sadly she does not have a profile Everyone else should be downgraded to likely/possibly relativistic+

Sorry if that seems like a needlessly long answer, but I felt like that question had alot more depth compared to intended.

Edit: Alexander doesnt even HAVE a calc for his divine judgement Obd, which is where most of the ff9 scaling comes from, comes from the Ark http://www.narutoforums.com/xfa-blog-entry/final-fantasy-ix-feat-the-ark-part-2.24473/

I am also not a fine of this scaling.

We should downgrade Ark and Relevant summons to 5-B. This attack has a calc for Planet level. And I dont want to give everyone a High 5-A rating because I like them. That is just 'bad' scaling.

No need to Bump as i know everything about this verse, let me explain basing on this revision.

Necron: At least High 5-A. Relativistic+. (Is the final boss of the game)

Trance Kuja: At least High 5-A. Relativistic+. (Superior to Garland and his Ultima move defeated the party twice)

Trance Zidane: At least High 5-A. Relativistic+. (Vastly superior to his base form and fought with Trance Kuja)

Trance Vivi: At least High 5-A. Relativistic+. (Vastly superior to his base form and fought with Trance Kuja)

Ozma: At least High 5-A. Relativistic+. (A superboss of the game and is superior to all the other bosses)

Deathguise: At least High 5-A. Relativistic+. (He is fought right before Trance Kuja)

Garland: At least High 5-A. Relativistic+. (By his feats)

Alexander: At least High 5-A. Relativistic+. (Easily defeated Bahumut and Base Kuja desperately needed his power in order to overthrow Garland)

Bahamut: High 5-A. Relativistic+. (Fought with Alexander, but was easily defeated as Kuja wanted to use to him only to take Alexander, thorugh he admired his power)

Base Kuja: High 5-A. Relativistic+. (Took hits from the Base party in order to awaken his Trance Form)

Base Zidan: High 5-A. Relativistic+. (Should be not that much weaker than his Trance as Base Vivi killed the Wind Guardian, which were protecting the entrance of Terra)

Base Vivi: High 5-A. Relativistic+. (Killed the Wind Guardian with his magic)

The Ark: 5-B. Relativistic+. (An early disc 3 boss and his feats)

Note: I don't know if 0.78C is Relativistic or Relativistic+.

Yes it is, do we still need to have everlasting read this thread?

I disagree with the Bahumat scaling, he got easily countered Alexander so I think we should consider giving him a Likely High 5-A rating.

Kinda in the same boat with Alexander. Alexander got sealed by Garland so it is clear that although closer, Alexander < Garland.

I support a Likely High 5-A rating for Bahumat, and High 5-A for Alexander

I would like everlasting to comment though, if he approves your scaling then I am fine with implementing it.

Well, I would prefer to get The Everlasting's input, as he is knowledgeable about Final Fantasy, but will ask Reppuzan as well.

Okay. Sorry about forgetting that you had already commented.

Anyway, Dark649 seems to know what he is talking about.

For the record, I dont disagree with Dark's scaling. I am just more skeptical. If everlasting is fine with it as well, then I see no problem and I will get down to the changes

It is probably better if Dark649 handles them.

During the game Kuja enacted a plan to the extraction of Garnet eidolons, which lead Brahne to summon Bahamut, Kuja needed to use the Invincible in order to control him and Garnet and Eiko had to summon Alexander because there was no other options to stop him.

You remember the game very well. I liked playing the game, but do not recall very much of it.

Right, but Garnet and Eiko summoned Alexander to fight Bahamut.

And Bahamut got easily defeated by Alexander. Alexander may be stronger enough to be able to fight Garland, I will concede to you on that one. But Bahamut is a different story. Bahamut just has no relation to being even comparable to Garland via in game statements.

Yea Kuja respects his power, but that was because as far as he is concerned Bahamut is the second strongest eidolon he knows of minus Alexander.

And remember, Kuja at this point is still not stronger then Garland. I think Bahamut might be best left at At Least 5-B, Likely High 5-A

I dont think he has any feats that puts him comparable to garland.

And Garland being afraid of their power does not really count imo. And I have played the game like, 4-5 times to completion and I own the Ultimania.

I dont remember anything that puts Bahamut to Garland's level. Or beyond it for that matter.

Yes, but the difference from High 5-A to at least High 5-A is considerable and Bahumut is not comparable to Garland nor Alexander, if the difference seems too small then the High 5-A are at least 5-A+ and the at least High 5-A are High 5-A. I'll wait for Everlasting to agree with my points.

Regardless, you dont mind afterward if I make a Garnet page? I think she is the most clear High 5-A on the cast besides Vivi.

Edit: Curse my auto capsing.

I am now unable to work on pages, due to sudden things If you wanna change it dark, be my guest Both of us agree generally on scaling so lets just call it good if you dont mind. Ant wanted you to revise the pages, if you havent yet that would be swell (Also browny points for knowing 9 lore, aka the most complete lore in the series minus probably 13)

I mean, how many people do we need to accept the calc? It seems like accurate to me. Heck, Ant says it is fine I think the scaling. (Just curious how many people need to accept a calc in the calc ground to use this?)

At least one other calc group member has to verify the calculation as accurate, unless other members disagree about it.

You can place polite notices on a few of the members' message walls, asking them to respond to your blog post calculation.

Only one???? :^) Fascinating. So it's accepted unless someone can sufficiently suggest otherwise?

Well, I would obviously prefer if several calc group members could reply to and discuss every calculation, but it simply isn't a realistic goal. Almost none of them would be accepted if we had such strict standards.

However, if different calc group members have different views about a calculation, they have to discuss the matter, and it may have to be modified according to their suggestions.

Gotcha. I've always gone for at least 2 in the past, being I like to discuss my calcs and such.

Fanofrpgs commented and said the calc looked fine Ant. And I dont think you have problems with it. Do you mind Dark and I proceeding with the upgrades?

I upgraded them, but some reasoning in the profiles as wrong because by looking at here it seems that Bahamut dodged some Alexander beams, which ended up destroying him. The thing i did not considered is that Garland is more powerful than Alexander since when he charged the Invincible, he ended up completely destroying him. Kuja has three keys in the story which are: Base [Kuja initially wanted and used Bahamut in order to take over Alexander and overthrow Garland, but he was more powerful than that], Post Soul Absorptions [As shown hereBase Kuja became stronger after absorbing all the souls gained by the Invincible, this allowed him to fight the base party after they defeated Garland and take hits from them] and his Trance form, which defeated the party with Ultima. Lastly the base party is in the same tier as Trance since they can harm Garland, Trance Kuja and Necro and survived Kuja Ultima move twice [The trance only allows them to deal more damage].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back