• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

FF9 Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. So what do you need input about?

Basically this the scaling:

Base/Trance EOS Party (Overpowered Trance Kuja and defeated Necron) < Necron = Trance Kuja (Necron was testing their will to live and Trance Kuja knocked the party [which was trying to stop him and not kill him] with ultima and after that only 4 members had the strength to fight Necron, so their power is not that different) < Ozma (By not counting ingame stats) < Chaos Guardians [Created by Trance Kuja and superior to Garland as they are fought later after his defeat] < Garland (Has his High 5-A feat and is much superior to Alexander) < Gaia Guardians < Alexander (Most powerful Eidolon) < Bahamut = Ark.

[At least High 5-A] God Tiers: EOS Party [Base, Trance], Necron, Trance Kuja, Ozma, Deathguise, Chaos Guardians.

[High 5-A] Top Tiers: End Disc 3 Party, Post Soul Absorptions Kuja, Garland.

[At least 5-B] High Tiers: Alexander.

[5-B] Mid Tiers: Garnet Summons, The Ark, Bahamut, Base Kuja, Oeilvert Party.

I agree with the scaling completely Dark. That is closer to my original scaling. The only thing I want to bring up now is should we consider abilities on the party? Such as the ones you equip in game. For example, Zidane can deal extra damage to Mages and use power null with mage masher And then there is the equipped abilities such as Auto-Regen, which could apply some party members as Low or Mid-Low regen depending in usage.

Reppuzan said:
@Dark

So we're making multiple tiers for the party members? Why is that?
Because the party has access to trance, which multiplies their power to an unknown amount. Before trance, eos party defeated Kuja with relative ease However, with trance, Kuja actually one shotted the party. EOS party should be At Least High 5-A in both base and trance.

Since base party is superior to garland, dark has a more complicated reasoning that I dont want to go through and I agree with it.

And I agree with multiple keys for jrpgs to begin with anyway. Creates more interesting vs debates as well as being accurate.

Tldr: FF has transformations and summoned monsters/spells that are superior to anything beyond even base garland abilities.

Should we ask The Everlasting to comment here?

I asked him somewhat indirectly, but I think this scaling is fine. But I am fine with asking his input.

I dont see a complaint besides how. A. Barebones profiles are. B. Really weird justifications.

What are the rules for implementing game mechanics in vs profiles?

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Final_Fantasy_IX_support_abilities

Some of these abilities can be added to Zidane and relevant party members They are equipped similar to materia and provide passive buffs such as Regen, Reflect, Flight etc

Considering they are mentioned in the story by Baku, I am assuming it is relevant enough to consider putting some of these abilities on their profiles

@Kinkiest

We generally don't use percentages or hit rates in regards to profiles, since they are always game balance based. In addition, we generally treat MP and HP bonuses simply as boosts to stamina and magical reserves rather than mentioning them explicitly since they are, once again, game mechanics.

You can look on the Bravely Default profiles and most of the Final Fantasy profiles to see how The Everlasting and I have handled them.

But the one thing you must not do is copy-paste, since that's bound to make things confusing with all of the in-game terminology.

Reppuzan said:
@Kinkiest

We generally don't use percentages or hit rates in regards to profiles, since they are always game balance based. In addition, we generally treat MP and HP bonuses simply as boosts to stamina and magical reserves rather than mentioning them explicitly since they are, once again, game mechanics.

You can look on the Bravely Default profiles and most of the Final Fantasy profiles to see how The Everlasting and I have handled them.

But the one thing you must not do is copy-paste, since that's bound to make things confusing with all of the in-game terminology.
But we can use passive resistances. For instance, Locomotion allows immunity to time stop Auto-Reflects reflects back magic Anti-Venom creates immunity to poison

And so on. So is that okay with you? I plan to follow this list and not give everyone these abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back