• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Femme Fatal: Rayne vs. Billie Lurk

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
Request from our new content moderator!

Before ya'll get funny ideas, Billie's High 3-A AP and regen negation all operate on a sword that can be parried/blocked by normal swords like anything else.

This is Death of the Outsider Billie, Speed is Equalized. Battle takes place in Dunwall, at the docks. Combatants have a little bit of intel on each other, only a general idea of their M.O. and their powers/abilities.

Billie Lurk :

Rayne :

Incon:

Billie Lurk
Rayne Bloodrayne

Alright, so...

Right off the bat, I'm pretty sure Rayne is stronger than Billie physically, albeit not by a significant margin. Her weapons seem much better functionality-wise (The Carpathian Dragons alone can do like 90% of what Billie's weapons can), and she's got far better range thanks to the Left Eye of Beliar.

Billie appears to have a couple of more lethal offensive powers, although they seem a little more situational than Rayne's better abilities. A single hit from her Twin-Bladed Knife either kills Rayne outright or severely wounds her (depending on whether or not said blade impacts her vitals, because that's how swords work), and she can teleport, which Rayne can't do.

Does Billie have much of a set behavior during fights?

Sort of.

We know how she acts in Knife of Dunwall, and her character in Death of the Outsider, and she clearly perfers going with a stealth approach and disenganging if possible when she's caught. She particularly focuses on surprise attacks in the first DLC, although in the second, much like the other games, it's possible to play her guns blazing, although IMO that's not really in her character.

Well, if it ends up being a battle of stealth, Billie might actually be at a bit of a disadvantage. Rayne's Aura Vision allows her to see the auras of her opponents, to the point that she can see them through walls, discern their physical health, and even tell whether or not they've spotted her yet. Granted, this isn't taking into account Billie's Foresight ability, which might be able to mitigate that somewhat. But it's still a unique advantage.

Rayne also has experience dealing with more assassin-type opponents. One of the boss enemies in BloodRayne 2, Ephemera, was extremely good at stealth-based approaches thanks to her ability to teleport between shadows, and Rayne still managed to defeat her. Twice.

Looking at their profiles again, Rayne also appears better-suited for a direct engagement than Billie is. Her acrobatic skills, blood-sucking, Blood Storms and stat-amping powers mixed with her Harpoon and the Carpathian Dragons' myriad of projectiles make her seem much more likely to win a straight fight.

Of course, I say that while knowing little else about what Billie can do, so I may be open to change. But for now, I'm gonna vote for Rayne. Despite the fact that she can die in one well-placed hit, the same is pretty much true of Billie (ask Kagan, if you can find his head), and her versatility seems to give her the edge as far as actually landing that killing blow.

Well, one of the things Billie can do is enter an astral form, and while she does this she stops time. This can let her scout the area around her and set points to teleport, which basically means that Rayne gets turned into mincemeat if she is a spot that Billie can chance on while in Astral form. The Astral form as a range of tens of meters, I think, and has a limited duration, although he can repeatedly use it if she has enough mana. Billie can't attack while in Astral form, too.

Billie can very easily use a Foresight Displace combo, stopping time and placing a displace marker at Rayne's feat, then returning to her body and instantly using Displace to teleport to the marking, instakilling Rayne in the process

@Dargoo:

I kind of already mentioned that when I mentioned Rayne's Aura Vision. (Foresight is what the ability is called, right?)

Assuming they're both in a stealth position at the same time, Rayne would probably be up on some sort of high ground, like the top of a tree or hanging from a ceiling if the two of them were indoors. She'd also use any shadows or hiding spots she could find, the same way she did with the group of Nazis she killed in one of the cutscenes. And if the range for that is tens of meters, that won't serve too well against someone who's starting off from some hundred meters away thanks to SBA.

@Weekly:

How likely is she to do that in-character? Also, Rayne can call upon her own spiritual double to send after people if she needs to. She could just as easily send that towards Billie, either as a distraction or as a means of drawing her out of hiding. The stealth advantage in Rayne's favor helps with this, also.

NOTE: I've got to run for now, but I'll try and pick this back up tomorrow. Whatever's said while I'm gone, I'll respond to it later.

Uh, Billie doesn't use that power to BFR opponents from what I remember.

Foresight lets Billie stop time and travel around in a spirit form for ~20 seconds. She cant attack but she can lay down Displace markers.

Billie can kill non-corporeal characters

Also if Rayne uses Blood Rage or Blood Fury she's basically guaranteed dead seeing as she loses her ability to block

Also, a power that im confused as to why its not on her profile, Billie can freely hop between timelines

WeeklyBattles said:
Foresight lets Billie stop time and travel around in a spirit form for ~20 seconds. She cant attack but she can lay down Displace markers.
Billie can kill non-corporeal characters
If she doesn't see Rayne within those 20 or so seconds, she won't be guaranteed the ability to kill her with one of those.

And this is where their basic knowledge of each others' powers specified in the OP comes in. Rayne knows she can kill non-corporeals, so she isn't going to be using her spirit double as regular backup. She'll be using is as a distraction/means of drawing Billie out while she sets up another attack. Which she can do, since Beliar's Left Eye allows her to see Billie from much further away than the latter can see her, and Aura Vision (which is just her normal way of seeing things in-story, going by the cutscene that comes after Act II of BloodRayne 1) allows her to see Billie through any obstructions, shadows, etc. that she might be using to hide behind.

Bump.

I beleive it's

Rayne - 1 (King)

Billie - 1 (Weekly)?

@Weekly Can you provide evidence of the timeline-hopping?

It was sandwitched in debate, lol

Rayne - 2 (King, Gargoyle)

Billie - 1 (Weekly)

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo If i can find scans online yeah
Also Billie gained the ability to freely time travel too
lol, why have I never heard of this

A lot of the characters in the verse need a revision TBH, and we're missing quite a few characters

Back