• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dishonored Novel Additions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcker123

He/Him
Hello everyone, it has come to my attention that there are dishonored novels containing way more abilities for the characters, so I went out of my way to obtain a copy of the corroded man novel and I have compiled a list of abilities to add to profiles.

Semi Spoilers for the book below.

Abilities

The Outsider:

Abilities to go under his standard abilities tabber:

(I was told this qualifies for EE here)
(This one will take some explaining. I was originally not going to add this until i saw that this guy had the ability for the same reason, in addition the outsider is stated to have influence over the void which i think meets the “control over the abstraction” condition, we also accept that “it would logically require one to possess the ability to destroy the Void itself to destroy him” in his durability section, i believe type 2 AE is the most reasonable, as he can be interacted with without affecting the void.

The following abilities are to be labeled under a hypothetical “Zhukov” category in the “Marked Bearers” tabber.

The following resistance would go under his resistance tabber.

Abilities to go under his “Mark Bearer” tabber

Why does he get these abilities?

Simple:

"This is the place from which those who dabble in the black arts draw their power. And this place is their doom."

All magic comes from the void and thus, The Outsider.

Billie Lurk

There is probably gonna be one final CRT in the future covering the other novels in the future, until then I hope you have a wonderful day.

Last edited:
It was asked me to comment, but keep in mind that I don't know the verse, so I may miss something.
Premise: There aren't precise rules regarding authors' statements, so I'm not sure they can be used, but I'll comment them anyway.
Second premise: After reading through some stuff, I realized I can really give a though on something, as I feel I should be at least familiar with this verse, its characters and its mechanics, to give a real opinion on some more complex and uncertain stuff, and I prefer not speak for a side or another.
That said, I can give thoughts on what seems more easy to judge.

The platform thing appears to be Telekinesis rather than Earth manip, as those seem made with the pieces of nearby buildings (the same that are moving).

Aura seems straightforward, while immersion and teleportation should be good, but that part mentions a lot of verse-specific things I don't know, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Power null seems ok.

Not sure about resistance to EE, that guys says that people wander for eons before fading away, so it might just be the Void that doesn't erase you immediately, instead of a resistance.

Biological, creation, portal and time travel seem good.

This stuff scaling to the Outsider is part of the things I won't give thoughts, as I lack knowledge on the verse.

Premise: There aren't precise rules regarding authors' statements, so I'm not sure they can be used, but I'll comment them anyway.
The statement is on profile already, I just realized we can get another ability from it.

I've only played Dishonored 1 and played a small portion of Dishonored 2, I don't have knowledge on anything else but I'll give as much input as I can.

The Outsider

For Existence Erasure, who are the tweets from? The creator of the series? If so, I guess there fine if they are serious answers.

Earth Manipulation is fine but it doesn't show the earth being created, just moving. (Could be Telekinesis like Samam said above)

I'm not that good at understanding Abstract Existence so I'll let someone else check that one out, sorry.

Immortality type 9 seems ok but I'd like more input on that one.

Zhukov

I'm not good with Casualty Manipulation so I'll let another user check that out.

Teleportation and Immersion are fine.

Overwhelming Aura is fine.

Resistances

For Power Nullification, in the scan, it says bonecharms are unaffected by the music box effect. Why would this scale to the Outsider?, if their power are the same as his then I guess that's fine.

For the possible Existence Erasure, if the Outsider is one with the void then I don't think he'd need resistance to it's effects but if he scales to the other that can survive in the void then I guess it's fine.

Mark Bearer

Biological Manipulation and Creation are fine.

I've never reach the point were you fight the Gravehounds but if what the wiki page you linked stated is true then I agree with Type 8 Immortality for the Gravehounds.

Billie Lurk

Portal Creation and Time Travel are fine.

Extrasensory Perception is fine.

Thanks for the response
I'm not good with Casualty Manipulation so I'll let another user check that out.
I don’t know another way to explain this power, there was a thread talking about past manipulation and that it would fall under causality manipulation so idk.
For the possible Existence Erasure, if the Outsider is one with the void then I don't think he'd need resistance to it's effects but if he scales to the other that can survive in the void then I guess it's fine.
I think I agree that it’s invalid.
For Power Nullification, in the scan, it says bonecharms are unaffected by the music box effect. Why would this scale to the Outsider?, if their power are the same as his then I guess that's fine.
All magic in the verse scales to outsider as the quote I linked states, I think resistance can scale as well.
About that, the music box just doesn't affect bone charms, that's it, you can't give them resistance for it. It's a weakness of Music Boxes
Scans? your only evidence of this is the music boxes not working on bone charms, which can be explained by resistance.

For Existence Erasure, who are the tweets from? The creator of the series? If so, I guess there fine if they are serious answers.
Yes, we accept the use of them as well as they establish lore and don’t contradict anything, I think there is a note on his page about this as well.

I don't need to, the burden of proof is on you.
Proof Boxes can nullify bone charms and not just magic.
Boxes can nullify magic, bone charms are magic, boxes fail to nullify magic. Boxes being unable to affect the corroded charms is just resistance.

is it magic though? i don't remember anyone ever saying bonecharms are magical.
When powered by the bone charms the whalers can preform magic, also we do treat them as magic, that is why the outsider has all the bone charms as abilities.

Unless i'm reading the page wrong, he's linked with The Void. If The Void qualifies as something "Abstract" then it should work.

Personally unsure about that but if the force fits, I don’t know why this can’t.

If we had a past manipulation power it would fit there but causality seems fine right now.

Was asked to comment here, but I do not know the series. However, I do think LordGriffin makes sense.

It should be yeah, unless Ant chimes in at some point i dont think may other people are knowlegdeable on the vrse so this is probably all we're gonna get

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back