• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

FC/OC's Most Skilled

Taiga Snow: Ever since she was 14 she trained to be the best at magic and sword use. Was classed as one of the best magic user at 17. She is very creative in battle, such as making a ice trail to increase her speed, making multiple magic attacks fused with her Glyphs and can mix and swap between multiple elements with her Glyphs. She trained the most with ice magic, but can use other elements. She has even gotten in a college and has shown a great deal of knowledge in her class, even going going out of her way to learn things she doesn't know to further her knowledge

Now that Tset has been updated, he can actually compete with Mikage. They basically have the same overall intelligence, but in a pure skill matchup Tset would win out via sheer versatility and his various precogs combined with the pseudo-invisibility that ranges from baseline to working against beings with High 1-A-ranged senses because Masada is an insane perso.

Damus' skill feats

• Defeated Athena, goddess of combat.
  • Fought evenly with Kazmir, who know over 500 quadrillion martial arts.
  • Outsmarted Gods with Eons of experience.
  • Outsmarted Bolt, Ira, Kosami, and Richard Adapin.
  • Was trained at the age of four.
  • Defeated an entire army of highly trained assassins with chopsticks

Skill feats are nice, but without any details as to how they were done, most of those aren't very impressive.

• What has Athena done?
  • Are these martial arts any good? How so?
  • Skill feats required.
  • Skill feats required.
  • Sounds like his race just develops quickly.
  • Okay. How?

• Athena has trillions of years of knowledge in combat strategies, weaponry, and martial arts. She can instantly use any weapon or martial art by simply touching a weapon or seeing one attack.
  • Yes. All of these martial arts give him hundreds to thousands of ways to defend and kill an opponent.
  • Gods such as Zeus, Ares, Hades, Posiedion, amd Athena have fought in an immeasurable number of wars and battles, winning of every single one of them with mere combat tactics and abilities alone.
  • Richard has been known as "The Werewolf Spartan", due to his combat skills rivaling the gods. Bolt basically spent 5 years of his life in the wild and was taking down bears, mountain lions, and even monsters by making traps. Also, he's taken down highly trained assassins and can think of hundreds of successful plans in seconds. Ira is a literal supercomputer, who can do 1 decillion calculations per second.
  • Yes, Werewolves develop pretty quickly to enviroments to the point of evolving in a matter of weeks.
  • You know how Beerus fought Piccolo, 18, and Tien? Kinda like that.

• Okay.
  • That doesn't make sense. There's an inherent limit to how many 'martial arts' one can make before overlapping massively.
  • Those tactics being?
  • Okay.
  • Okay.
  • Haven't seen it.
None of the feats mentioned come off as awfully impressive and stand only on the back of "Big numbers, old age!"

Moritzva said:
*Okay.
  • That doesn't make sense. There's an inherent limit to how many 'martial arts' one can make before overlapping massively.
  • Those tactics being?
  • Okay.
  • Okay.
  • Haven't seen it.
None of the feats mentioned come off as awfully impressive and stand only on the back of "Big numbers, old age!"

• ok
  • ok. Plus, I said he knows, Not mastered.
  • military mostly
  • ok
  • ok
  • Ok
  • I try to use (mostly) simpler feats for now. Also, these are some of the skill feats he has. There are several more, such as nearly mastering Clear Mind (Basically 2099:Zenith's Ultra Instinct), and Being able to take on the entire team of Planeteers (with the exception of Bolt and Alana.) While blindfolded.

Will be attempting to get Isaiah a spot later.

Don't expect to get above any of the currently listed though.

Hl3 or bust said:
Now that Tset has been updated, he can actually compete with Mikage. They basically have the same overall intelligence, but in a pure skill matchup Tset would win out via sheer versatility and his various precogs combined with the pseudo-invisibility that ranges from baseline to working against beings with High 1-A-ranged senses because Masada is an insane perso.
Late but:

>Versatility... over Mikage? Probably gonna need to explain that one a bit more.

Various types of precog which very likely all get resisted, not to mention her having plenty of the same anyway.

idk about Masada in general so I can't say much on the invisibility thing but you crossed it out anyway so it might not be a real point?

I feel the urge to compete, but also to definitely not.

Anyway Mikage aside, about Ryuka. Not that I wanted her on the list to begin with while her profile is outdated, but if she's gonna be mentioned anyway, she should still be practically equal to Tset considering the boosts in skill they both got.

Do you think Mikage's above them?

I still feel that using VSBWRP characters on here is pretty cheap. Like, they're just combinations of Wiki's Most Skilled on VSBW, and all the debating that happened over there.

Is it possible to have a list without them?

I kind of want to see Hl3's argument first but for now yes kinda. The gap is definitely far smaller than before though.

Looks like we've just gotta make skill brackets now

Moritzva said:
I still feel that using VSBWRP characters on here is pretty cheap. Like, they're just combinations of Wiki's Most Skilled on VSBW, and all the debating that happened over there.

Is it possible to have a list without them?
No real opinion there one way or another but you could probably just make a thread for without VSRP characters. (I should mention that Kura is actually 100% not a combination of existing characters and completely original though.)

Promestein said:
Looks like we've just gotta make skill brackets now
> brackets

Prom, you're tempting me too hard to delve into bullshittery with my OCs.

Do it.

It's the only way to be accurate.

Flare's on there now, but I dunno how outskilling a skill embodiment that doesn't necessarily have any insane skill feats to scale to compares to rp bullshit

You know,

Most of my characters, a little intelligent, maybe a bit skilled.

Except one.

... so, I guess we'll see how Soul-Father performs when Prom makes Skill Brackets.

Tfw I forgot that Mikage basically has the entire Ki book

D e r p

Also, Tset's actual future sight precog is more a form of instinctive reaction where he can feel the correct course of action

it's a half-joke

So, then, Tset's worse than Mikage?

It's difficult to say either way since they've specialized into different things, especially with Mibu in play, but they're more or less comparable.

Why is Kura number 1, again?

Edit: Kura, not Kira. I mean, his stuff is cool, but besides upscaling from a sparring bot and having large numbers of experience there's not that much impressive.

And no, upscaling from a bunch of VSBW character isn't any better than being a bunch of VSBW characters, you cheating heathen.

There are a few things that I believe Tset has over Mikage.

Mibu was stated to know literally everything there was to know about swordfighting and his entire combat style revolves around weaponizing his killing intent. He also considered the expedition as a whole merely a chance to test himself. Finally, he was stated to be able to cut anything even without his Distortion, with only Taikyoku being immune to this.

Sasaki is basically self-evident, but has some more notable stuff. He's vastly superior to Red Hare, who is a master of every combat style that exists and can even engage in aerial or underwater combat despite being a horse, and Li Shuwen, who, as a 170 year old human, matched Red Hare and nearly killed him. He also scales above people who can reach into the realm of gods and Buddhas through their martial ability. Primarily, his skill is stated to be literally infinite and transcendent of both human and divine possibility entirely. Even just Tsubame Gaeshi is impressive, as it replicates True Magic, which taps into the power of The Root/Akasha, through sword skill alone.

I dunno, the rp experts said Kura was probably better so I took their word for it.

I'll half-heartedly throw in Raphael

Promestein said:
I dunno, the rp experts said Kura was probably better so I took their word for it.
I'll half-heartedly throw in Raphael
Alright, in that case, I'm obligated to nominate Soul-Father. Not the children, but the man behind it all.

What does Raph do?

The tldr of Kura is: Knowledge and mastery of an ungodly number of martial arts from innumerable realities (along with how to counter them), a minimum of several billions of years of experience fighting in said extremely varied realities, teaching her to counter just about anything that can imaginably be thrown her way, and the ability to still keep up with and remain one of the strongest members of the party despite having relatively no hax in comparison to them (among whom I should probably mention literally has the actual Mikage as a character because I must have been smoking something).

@Hl3 Fair. I'll have to give swordplay in particular to Tset.

Are you driven just to one-up me?

I'm not really sure about all of Valev's skill stuff anyways, but Raphael instinctively redirects attacks that hit her with 100% efficiency, and can make deliver the retaliation with Logos, therefore making the effects of the attack instantly appear on the target. And she spams Logos, and said redirection.

That's just the basics there

It's a simple matter, Promestein.

... Maybe.

Would you believe me if I just said I wanted to give you a good fight?

As for Raph, I dunno but that sounds closer to Powers & Abilities than skill?

Promestein said:
female dog you were the one who made this thread and you seriously expected people to not one up eachother with malicious intent

DMUA said:
Promestein said:
female dog you were the one who made this thread and you seriously expected people to not one up eachother with malicious intent
Y'see, earlier, this thread just felt meeeh to join into.

But now I feel the need to fight against some good 'ol non-VSBWRP fellows. In skill. Way more fun.

I mean, you mentioned Valev's use of Anamnesis as a skill-related thing, and Raphael isn't nearly as bad in the "isn't this basically an ability" department as some of the others here. A lot of her stuff is accomplished through her own skill in Logos, which is a martial art, but I'm not gonna say some of that stuff (like Zero Heart or Eight Ends) are skill feats and not abilities.

Dunamis Circuit, for example, requires perfect timing and precision. You need to move with the attack as it hits you perfectly, so you need to predict exactly when it'll hit, how hard, and so on. Raphael can do so instinctively; her Dunamis Circuit is basically always executed perfectly, regardless of her own positioning or stance.

And she can reliably block high numbers of Logos-derived attacks with it.

Alright, thanks for the clarification.

Now, the thing is, literally any skill feat I've ever talked about here or on Discord was very likely done by The Host / The Collective rather than The Lord. Hence where things get complicated.

The Lord of Valevs, otherwise known as The Valev or Chad Valev or... so on, so forth, is an entity absolute leagues above any individual Host. The idea of how The Host is inhibited by how much The Collective wants to help them is not a thought to The Lord, as he effectively controls them absolutely and already holds all of their vital memories. In any manner of combat, it's not just fighting an opponent who happens to have the collective knowledge of every soul of The Collective, but also a man who has every last one of those souls working overtime trying to assist him in any strategical way.

With that out of the way,

Hand to Hand
Even outside of magical techniques utilized and set up through incredible micro-management capable of making a nigh-invincible shield with the help of temporal magic, luckily enough, The Lord has shown a helluva lot of feats while crippling himself in one way or another.

• Through immense prediction techniques that will be described latter, managed to win a one-versus-literally everybody else Capture the Flag with The Collective, several decades in a row, utilizing only the barebones magical amplifications and a blade.
  • Has survived tens of thousands of years with zero magical abilities in a survival simulation inside of his mind, having to manage humanly hunger and fatigue alongside no capabilities for magic and no proper weaponry or equipment while fighting against any manner of souped up monsters or creatures within.
There isn't too much more I can say about HTH combat, since there's only so many ways you can describe a person bodying other people.

Magic
Magical skill and micro-management, I've elaborated before on the past - while The Lord was never much of a genius on his own, he was often recanted as an idiot savant, being incredibly skilled at adapting and winging just about any magical subject and having great learning capabilities despite being the absolute last person you'd want to go to about actually learning the complexities of Caelum. This overall adaptation and affinity for new things led him to be incredibly attuned to Caelum, being able to utilize it with incredible precision and accuracy to the point of developing Adagio alongside the far more intelligent Iona Riveras. Each magical ability he does have was more or less specifically chosen or created to make as invincible of a supersoldier as possible (which has proven to be very, very effective, as these children with monstrously lower capabilities than him have been able to ravage lands with their skillsets), his knowledge of battle tactics and win conditions attributed from carrying over war strategies and connecting them to one-versus-one magical combat. Which brings me to...

In General
Perhaps the most notable thing is the overall incredibly odd thought process and prediction techniques The Lord possesses. You see, since predicting the opponent often doesn't work, since an opponent can sabotage or act in different unpredictable ways (and this is taken from the man who has a colony of trillions to break down and analyze both enemy techniques and enemy calculations of their own techniques in order to reverse engineer and counter them), The Lord prefers to simply analyze the only ways any move he does could possibly be defeated, regardless of what his opponent may or may not want to do. Using this manner, Valev faces a far easier to control battle, by cutting out the opponent as a variable. As long as he acts in a manner that, to no extent, has any weakness, and predicts all attacks and moves that could break the indestructible fortress of defense, there isn't much an opponent can do, and they can't 'fool' his prediction techniques since they have absolutely nothing to do with the opponent at all.

Such would be the shortened thesis.

Back