• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Favorite Quotes in Fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Dr. Samet. Understand this. I am about to be put in the most dangerous SCP we've ever discovered. I will offer you this deal then. If you cover your feet in barbecue sauce, I will stop at them."

Doctor Jack Bright (about to try mind controlling SCP 682)

I've got so many that I love but here's a few:

"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. There is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof."

- V, V for Vendetta

"From the darkness we strike, fast and lethal, and by the time our foes can react... darkness there and nothing more."

- Kayvaan Shrike, Warhammer 40K

"The essence of every world, every spell, and every thought is power. Nothing else matters, because nothing else exists."

- Nicol Bolas, Magic: the Gathering

When his life was ruined, his family killed, his farm destroyed, Job knelt down on the ground and yelled up to the heavens, "Why god? Why me?" and the thundering voice of God answered, "There's just something about you that pisses me off."

This is from Storm of the century by stephen king

"No matter how many millions you carry within you...you lost because you were all alone"

Rea Himuro just as Reinhard was getting decapitated by Ren

Reinhard: "Why the grief? You and your comrades have emerged the victor. Let pride fill your heart and do not devalue my defeat. Tell me is the belief of others truly that important? If my lack of it had been the cause of my defeat, and the support you received the reason you have won...I implore you to prove it. Karl seems to have been defeated, as well...Heheheh...You must swear on it, for such is the duty of the victor. It is your obligation to demonstrate that our defeat was truly absolute. Fail to do so, and I will make my return. After all, it would mean I was never truly defeated. HEHEHEHEHE...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I bear no regrets, and I would prefer if you do not give me any. The strength responsible for my downfall must be the greatest of all. I would be thankful if you eased my heart with the belief I was not defeated by something trifling."

Ren: "I see...You can bet on it. I never want to see you again."

Reinhard: "And to that oath...Sieg Heil"

I have a lot DI quotes ik but goddamn

Antvasima said:
I rather like the current quote in the Captain America (Marvel Comics) page.
There is another Captain America quote that I like just as much, if not more so.

You can see it here.

"You do not give those who would celebrate in the face of this disaster the satisfaction. You do not give those who would look this in despair any more grief than they need. You build."

Not nearly my favorite, but Mewtwo's quote is thought provoking:

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

"If you can't give an eye for an eye, then you're not qualified to be a god"

Suwako Moriya - Touhou

"Even if you personally are so dissatisfied with life that you want the world to end, surely the cruel reality is that it will continue on, unchanging. All the better for someone perfectly content, like me."

Aya Shameimaru - Touhou

The year 1997 has arrived. A herd of ******' ugly reds. are rushing from the mainland.

Crime rate skyrockeded! Hongkong is ruined! Therefore, the Hongkong government called Bruce Lee's relative "Chin" for the massacre of the reds.

Chin is a killer machine. Wipe out all 1.2 billion of the red communists!

However, in mainland China there was a secret project in progress! A project to transform the deceased Tong Shau Ping into an ultimate weapon!

I got alot but here's a few

"I have hated the words, and I have loved them, and I hoped I made them right."

"With great power, comes great electricity bill."

"My tools aren't the weapon, I am the weapon."

"You have no idea how powerful the truth can be."

"My name is Celaena Sardothien, and I will not be afraid."

Kepekley23 said:
The year 1997 has arrived. A herd of ******' ugly reds. are rushing from the mainland.

Crime rate skyrockeded! Hongkong is ruined! Therefore, the Hongkong government called Bruce Lee's relative "Chin" for the massacre of the reds.

Chin is a killer machine. Wipe out all 1.2 billion of the red communists!

However, in mainland China there was a secret project in progress! A project to transform the deceased Tong Shau Ping into an ultimate weapon!
...Okay then.

"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities"

- Dumbledore

No one talks about the fact that Chin is so badass that he kills people so hard they turn into nuclear explosions

"Yeah. You doing what you think is right is fine. Because your desire to make the world more peaceful is the desire of many people. But on the other hand, there are people out there that don't desire that. Like me and Amaya, some people can only live… with passion."

"The world changed, I met a lot of people, and lost some. Those experiences made me realize something important. It wasn't the world that was boring… it was me"

Both from Shun Takahata (Kamisama no Iutoori Ni)

"I... Couldn't see the others at first... B... But you -cough- I can see you."

"I am Death, Damocles. Everyone can see me."

[and Pelinal] came to Perrif's camp of rebels holding a sword and mace, both encrusted with the smashed viscera of elven faces, feathers and magic beads, which were the markings of the Ayleidoon, stuck to the redness that hung from his weapons, and he lifted them, saying: "These were their eastern chieftains, no longer full of their talking."''

Monarch Laciel said:
WOOOOOOO SOMEONE ELSE READING APOCALYPTIC HORSEPLAY
Yus.

"Nothing more thrilling than to have a purpose,

Nothing worse than to have it fulfilled."

How have I not posted this before?

Redguard Cinematic - The Soul Gem
Redguard Cinematic - The Soul Gem

Quote starts at 4:30, but I'd recommend watching at least from 3:00 for some build up.

Cyrus: "Is this how you will honor your prince, then? Cautious I've thought you Basil, but never before a coward.

We all have waited for the prince's return. Now that he has returned you walk away, the form is different, true, but his spirit is here, here, and isn't his spirit the truest part of him?

Did it occur that maybe he chose this shape and symbol as the sign of his intentions? Aye, perhaps that soul, in hated delay, snared helpless in a jewel while his men hid and shirked their duties, his duty, perhaps that soul formed itself to this, and by no mistake comes to you now, in no more fine and final form as this. A sword.

You say you cannot follow a sword? Well, I say you have strayed from your own too long! Why are you here but to fight? Your prince has shown you the manner of his purest mettle, aye, in metal itself! And this true, unerring razor's message is clear beyond words, for now is not the time for words, but for brave hands, bright swords and blood!

Aye boys, it's about blood now, too long frozen in your veins, and you'd rather yourself be rigid than follow me. Well, if you won't, then shamefully know that your prince will. For his blood be solid too, but strained to steel, and tempered in death.

Arise the like as he, as swords as we are crowns the like as he! The prince is dead! Long live the prince!"

This is straight up Shakespearean.

"Life is like this dark tunnel. You may not always see the light at the end of the tunnel, but if you keep moving, you will come to a better place."

- Iroh

To be honest I need a yandere wife in the future, why? I mean that just means she loves you so much. - This isn't really fiction, but my cousin said this.

It's really unfair to be so cute. People will forgive you for anythings you say. - Okabe

We've been apart for far too long, my partner, but now only a thin locker door separates us. Is this what love feels like? - Okabe(When Okaba finaly found IBN)

A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid. - Tyrion Lanister(Game of Thrones). I didn't watch Game of Thrones but I always see this line you see.

Listen, little girl. When I refer to a young woman, I mean someone who manages a student dorm and has the tolerance to give anyone advice if they want it. And there is
one thing you lack as far as that's concerned. Do you know what that is, little girl?"

There was no way she could, so she gave him a confused look and he gave the answer.
"These common breasts of yours disqualify you from providing the support of a young woman. Give up and try again later. - Favorite part in NT Index

I use my allowance to make my wife and family happy. Isn't that basically spending for myself? In the end, I'm spending my allowance for the sake of my own HAPPY LIFE
aren't I?
- This is from Subaru in IF chapter.

If you have a wish, don't go back to the past and redo everything. If you want to change yourself, don't change the past, but change who you are now! I don't have any
wishes that won't come true or impossible. Because if it's a dream I can't reach by myself, I won't even dream it in the first place. The weakness that had accepted
death now became the strength of wanting to live. If you walk down the path that you believe is right, you cannot be wrong. People die when they are killed. That's the
way things should be.
- Most people only remember this for the memes.

"That man won't quit as long as he can still draw a breath. None of my teammates will. Me? I've got a different problem. I feel like I live in a world made of cardboard, always taking constant care not to break something, to break someone. Never allowing myself to lose control even for a moment, or someone could die. But you can take it, can't you, big man? What we have here is a rare opportunity for me to cut loose and show you just how powerful I really am." -Superman

"Puny God"

-Hulk

True love is not something which can be lessened by any means. In this case, I would simply never grow to love such a person any more deeply. My feelings for them would become something that would not change for all eternity, never increasing, and yet never dying away. Love, once it has appeared, can never be erased. It is untrue that a person whom one most greatly adores will become the one they most greatly despise. Such hatred would have been born separately, and surpassed the feelings of love for the same person. - Gil-kun(From Ataraxia)

Otakus are gentlemen!! Ordinary people are ignorant!! - Tim-kun(Zettai Karen Children)

I can't help it, she's disgusted by something disgusting. - Kazuto(Koihime Musou)

Look, kid. For future reference, when a woman's naked in front of you like this, the first thing you should do is complement her. - Asako(Grisaia)

breast size was irrelevant, only the shape of the body. - Itami Youji(Gate)

Imagine what it feels like to be scared of the monster under the bed, only to discover that the only monster in the room is the one sitting on the bed. You.

I'm in love with you. Deeply, deeply in love. To be honest, it's not like you're my first love. But how much I love you is enough to eclipse whatever I've felt before. When I think about you, my chest hurts. When I think you might hate me, it hurts immensely.
- Takumi(Noble Works)

Being a family doesn't mean we should be related by blood. It's the feeling that counts.

Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change. Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out. Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is strength beyond all measure. Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

Showing respects on Yandere and Narcissist, kind of people; they love so openly to the point of unsightly, and that kind of love will surely become either their downfall or salvation.
- Gilgamesh(I this this is from Ataraxia, kinda forgot)

Someone who lives because they are afraid of dying", you probably can't find such a person anywhere. We live for the sake of living. We run now because we can hardly wait for tomorrow to come. It is not a journey to escape the point of death, but a journey to run through the point of death. That is why, please--- do not deny this wish of wanting to live. - Mashu Kyrielight

They say that love overcomes all boundearies: age, country, gender and it even overcomes monitors. - Dear only you don't know

Well to start with, happiness means different things to different people. Some people are happy as long as they have enough food. Some are happy if they have books. Some people need to always be living life to the fullest. Some people only get that feeling of satisfaction when they overcome some barrier. Some people are happy as long as others around them are happy, and, inconveniently, some are the exact opposite. But almost all of those people don't know it themselves. They don't know what form their own happiness takes. Yet still they all claim they want to be happy, without knowing what exactly that means. - SukaSuka

Just remember that the fake is of far greater value, since, in its deliberate attempt to be real, it's more real than the real thing. - Nisemonogatari

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back