• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Favorite Quotes in Fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Elder Scrolls has two villain Speeches that I really, really love. First the Sharmat's words:

"I AM THE SHARMAT
I AM OLDER THAN MUSIC
WHAT I BRING IS LIGHT
WHAT I BRING IS A STAR
WHAT I BRING IS AN ANCIENT SEA
WHEN YOU SLEEP YOU SEE ME DANCING AT THE CORE
IT IS NOT A BLIGHT IT IS MY HOUSE
I PUT A STAR INTO THE WORLD'S MOUTH TO MURDER IT
TEAR DOWN THE PYLONS
MY BLIND FISH SWIM IN THE NEW PHLOGISTON
TEAR DOWN THE PYLONS
MY DEAF MOONS SING AND BURN AND ORBIT ME
I AM OLDER THAN MUSIC
WHAT I BRING IS LIGHT
WHAT I BRING IS A STAR
WHAT I BRING IS AN ANCIENT SEA"

And second Miraak's chant:

"Here in my temple
Here in my shrine
That you have forgotte
Here do you toil
That you might remember
Here you reclaim
What faithless minds have stole
Far from yourself
I grow ever nearer to you
Your eyes once were blinded
Now through me do you see
Your hands once were idle
Now through them do I speak
And when the world shall liste
And when the world shall see
And when the world remembers
That world will cease to be."

Bruce Banner saying this:

Tony Stark and Reed Richards use their genius to save the world every other week. That's how they'll be remembered in history. Meanwhile, I ― I who, forgive me, have just as much to contribute ― will be lucky if my tombstone doesn't simply say "Hulk Smash."
~ Robert Bruce Banner​
Yes, I know it's literally a copy paste of his page quote. But this is still a really good quote.

"... Intention? Allow me to define the word "Intention" for you [***** her enemys up like its nothing] This is my intention. Tonight, I am unhappy... Yes... Unhappy. And to... An frightening extent."

Another good quote is when Doctor Light said

"Sometimes, peace cannot be acheived unless those who create war are destroyed."

"When a man is faced with his own death, he finds the impossible less of a barrier."

- The Prince

For a serious answer, what Ahzek Ahriman says when he decides to, against Magnus's wishes, rally a defense of prospero is a quote I like, given that I like the character and what it represents, even though it would go horribly wrong.

"We are the Red Sorcerers of Prospero, damned in the eyes of our fellows, and this is to be how our story ends, in betrayal and bloodshed. No... you may find it nobler to suffer your fate, but I will take arms against it."'

"I'm not a psychopath, Anderson. I'm a high-functioning sociopath."

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

"...Murder. Sorry, did I say murder? I meant to say marriage. But, you know, they're quite similar procedures when you think about it. The participants tend to know each other and it's over when one of them's dead."

"You do not give those who celebrate in the face of disaster the satisfaction. You do not give those who would look this in despair any more grief then they need you build."

Captain America

"Stories you read when you're the right age never quite leave you. You may forget who wrote them or what the story was called. Sometimes you'll forget precisely what happened, but if a story touches you it will stay with you, haunting the places in your mind that you rarely ever visit."

" You get what anybody gets - you get a lifetime."
-Death of the Endless

"I do not miss childhood, but I miss the way I took pleasure in small things, even as greater things crumbled. I could not control the world I was in, could not walk away from things or people or moments that hurt, but I took joy in the things that made me happy."

Protagonist of the Ocean at the End of the Lane

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_36_Lessons_of_Vivec

There is so much greatness and awesome in the Lessons, but I have to pick Sermon 6 to quote here:

Vivec: "There is an eon within itself that when unraveled becomes the first sentence of the world.
Mephala and Azura are the twin gates of tradition and Boethiah is the secret flame.
The Sun shall be eaten by lions, which cannot be found yet in Veloth.
Six are the vests and garments worn by the suppositions of men.
Proceed only with the simplest terms, for all others are enemies and will confuse you.
Six are the formulas to heaven by violence, one that you have learned by studying these words.
The Father is a machine and the mouth of a machine. His only mystery is an invitation to elaborate further.
The Mother is active and clawed like a nix-hound, yet she is the holiest of those that reclaim their days.
The Son is myself, Vehk, and I am unto three, six, nine, and the rest that come after, glorious and sympathetic, without borders, utmost in the perfections of this world and the others, sword and symbol, pale like gold.
There is a fourth kind of philosophy that uses nothing but disbelief.
For by the sword I mean the sensible.
For by the word I mean the dead.
I am Vehk, your protector and the protector of Red Mountain until the end of days, which are numbered 3333.
Below me is the savage, which we needed to remove ourselves from the Altmer.
Above me is a challenge, which bathes itself in fire and the essence of a god.
Through me you are desired, unlike the prophets that have borne your name before.
Six are the walking ways, from enigma to enemy to teacher.
Boethiah and Azura are the principles of the universal plot, which is begetting, which is creation, and Mephala makes of it an art form.
For by the sword I mean the first night.
For by the word I mean the dead.
There will be a splendor in your name when it is said to be true.
Six are the guardians of Veloth, three before and they are born again, and they will test you until you have the proper tendencies of a hero.
There is a world that is sleeping and you must guard against it.
For by the sword I mean the dual nature.
For by the word I mean animal life.
For by the sword I mean preceded by a sigh.
For by the word I mean preceded by a wolf."

The ending of the words ALMSIVI

I want to beat them! Even if I'm not cool, or strong, or beautiful, or cute, or pretty. I want to beat the cool, strong, just, beautiful, cute and pretty people. Even though I wasn't blessed with talent, even though I'm stupid and have a bad personality, have bad grades, am misguided and am a good for nothing. I want to beat the talented, smart, likable, over-achieving people. I want to beat those with friends when I can't have friends. I want to beat the people who work hard when I can't work hard. I want to beat the victorious when I can't win. I want to beat the happy people when I'm miserable. Even if I'm hated! Even if I'm despised! Even if I'm useless! I want to prove that I'm better than the main characters!!
~ Misogi Kumagawa​

Cuthfleda: A human? What kind of creature is a human?
Griselda Reginhard: I've only ever heard of them in fairy tales, but I hear they have really long necks.
Cuthfleda: Really?
Griselda Reginhard: They have fur all over their bodies, walk on four legs, and have really beady eyes.
Cuthfleda: Sounds terrifying!

What is a wave without the ocean?

A beginning without and end?

They are different but they go together.

Now you go among the stars, and I fall among the sands.

We are different.

But we go together.

I've only got 4 words.

UNIIIIIIITTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

STAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

OF

SMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Oh also Simon the Digger and Kamina are such quote machines that I can't even list them out.

"AND I SAID HEY, YEAH, YAH, YEYEY! HEY, YEAH, YEAH! I SAID HEY! WHAT'S GOING ON!?"

"ONE SHALL STAND, ONE SHALL FALL!"

"YOU EEDIOT!"

Anyone else who can guess those lines gets a free meme.

Promestein said:
"Are you the good witch? Some kind of angel? Are you Jesus, Fred Durst?"
Fred Durst will ascend to the celestial throne and rule heaven and hell. Mark my words!

Jill Presto: Well … just speaking for myself … and I'm going out on a limb here … I'd like to say that you're an arrogant, ungrateful son of a bitch on a permanent power trip.
Lucifer: Ha! Excellent. Accurate on all counts.

"The word strongest has no meaning. The me from today will be stronger than the me from yesterday. And the me from tomorrow will be stronger than the me from today." kamen rider stronger

``I pray to no one and nor i will i be prayed to`` asura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back