• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Favorite Quotes in Fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Hitchcock's masterwork Psycho (1960):

NORMAN: You know what I think? I think we're all in our private traps, clamped in them, and none of us can ever climb out. We scratch and claw... but only at the air, only at each other, and for all of it, we never budge an inch.

MARIAN: Sometimes we deliberately step into those traps.

NORMAN: I was born in mine. I don't mind it anymore.

MARIAN: You should... mind it.

NORMAN: Oh I do... but I say I don't.

I could talk for hours about that one conversation scene, which I posit is one of the best ones in all of writing, but I'd better not spoil it for others. Suffice it to say that it gains more and more meaning each time you watch the movie.

SHUT UP YOU FILTHY ******* LIAR!

You think you know me and who I am.

You pretend to know everything, but you know nothing

-Damian (Zoophobia)

Viggo Tarasov: John was once an associate of ours. They call him Baba Yaga.

Iosef Tarasov: The boogeyman?

Viggo Tarasov: Well, John wasn't exactly the boogeyman. He was the one you sent to kill the ******* boogeyman.

Iosef Tarasov: Oh.

I can't help, but love all those who live in this world. I'm not lying, I really love them. I can't help loving them more and more. So I will give them happiness. Happiness to live obeying my command, under my established order. Is there a greater happiness than that? Discussing this with you is pointless, it's not even a discussion to begin with. Whatever a perfect being like me tells imperfect creatures like yourselves, it would just be meaningless. My eyes can clearly see what is correct and what is not. I also have the knowledge to know what should be done. There's no one more suitable to rule over this world! How foolish, but I am too kind. So I forgive you.
~ Lucemo
Listen. While we lay buried within a deep darkness of utter coldness and sorrow, you were on the other side, enjoying yourselves and laughing happily in the warm light. WHY?! What have we done to deserve this?! Why must we weep tears of grief while you enjoy cheerful laughter?! We, too, have tears that flow from our eyes and feelings that flow from our hearts. Just who decided that we were to be deprived of this world and consigned to oblivion?! We wanted to live! We wanted to live and speak of friendship, justice, and love! We wanted to use this body to be helpful to this world! Are you saying that this world has no need for us? That we are meaningless? Then we shall rule the world! We shall make this place belong to us. All who get in our way will die! May the light be forever cursed where it shines!

I don't know, Murdock. Being a God can't be too hard. I mean, I'm the most intelligent capable person on the planet. I'm not playing God. All this time... I've been playing human. I've been doing this for you. For all of you. I have wasted so much time. So much energy. To look like you--to sound like you--so that you specks feel comfortable around me. I've been holding back, but not any more. I've changed. It's like I was blind and now I can see. Only I'm not an ungrateful $#@% about it
A famous man once said, 'We create our own demons.' Who said that? What does that even mean? Doesn't matter. I said it 'cause he said it. So now, he was famous and that basically getting said by two well-known guys. I don't, uh… I'm gonna start again.
Is it better to be feared or respected?" — I say, is it too much to ask for both?

Ren: "Us weirdos better pack up and leave. I'm not cut out for this anyway. A wish to stop everyone but myself and those that I like. What kind of world would that be? Honestly, I'm glad we fell here. Rejection of those unlike us. I belong with your kind. By being too normal, I'm basically like you in this case. You know what I'm getting at, right? I'm not suitable for this..."

Reinhard: "I understand. You are prepared to claim my life at the cost of yours. I see. Excellent. Then stake your all and unleash a strike befitting our finale. Two kinds of strength exists: One meant for others, another meant for oneself. Neither is inherently superior to the other, and the only difference lies in the extent of your beliefs. You either think yourself as absolute...or plead for the absoluteness of another. If you think yourself a knight of the goddess, temper that resolve to perfection. Do so, and you have earned my respect. I shall not belittle it. However you must not disappoint me..."

Ren: "The only thing I can assure you...is your end! As I told Kasumi...that's the way we men act!"

Reinhard: "Come"

Ren Fuji vs Reinhard Heydrich in their final clash at twilight beach during marie's route

"Love from Gallifrey boys (Daleks)."

- Doctor

It's not good due to the line itself, it's that he proceeds to use his Regenerationn energy to nuke a Dalek Saucer, and heavily damages Christmas, which is the name of the town.

Also, this is a pretty good quote.

"What is this with clocks, bro? Have you no vision? Are you hearing what I beam to you? You think you have juice? Don't show me a little mind when talking about such big things. You think you can swing the bat? Show your bling and let me shine you!"

Not necessarily from fiction (from a gaming session with friends) but still good.

"So all I have to do is follow him around and do what he says until I beat all the minigames and he gives me the key."

"... Or you could kill him."

"No, Jordan"

"Help... S-stop it... Kill me

Welcome, humans.

Those who know the torment and joy of creation know also the pleasure and pain of destruction.

Therefore, all that pass through here must be prepared to share the burden that I carry.

In order to survive, all living things in this world fight desperately and devour those they defeat... Must one kill other living things in order to survive?

Must one destroy another world in order to allow one's own world to continue?

The wounded in turn wound and torment those weaker than they themselves are.

There are only the killers and the killed...

The sinners who are judged, and the victims that do the judging.

What meaning is there to such a world?"

- The one and only time Lavos actually speaks to the party instead of giving them that distorted screech.

"We are the ones who save the world. Not the doctors, not the council, no one else. Us. We're the last line of defense. The only line. Remember that. Don't die for the Foundation. Don't fight for the Foundation. Fight for the six billion folks who won't wake up tomorrow if you don't. That's worth dyin' for. Some old fart wants to play with skips? He can go **** himself.

You ain't machines. You ain't tin soldiers. You're people, men an' women who do the shit nobody else can do. An' people make a choice. There's a damned big difference between doin' the job because you were told to, an' doin' it because it's gotta be done. I don't care if it's the same ******' job, there's a goddamned difference. There's gotta be, or what the hell else are we fightin' for?

An' I want you to remember, each and every one of you, that you ain't alone. You understand? None of us are ever alone. We got each other. Every agent that's alive is there t'watch your back. No matter what happens, you're one of us. Doesn't matter if you're a saint or an asshole, you're family. You got hundreds of brothers an' sisters right there in the shit with you, ready to pull you out.

An' when you're alone, you're still not alone. Every agent who came before, every one who's comin' after you, they are with you. Everyone you ever trained with, everyone who's watched your back or bitched to you at meals is with you. You carry them with you, so long as you remember that you ain't alone. And you pass that on to everyone you meet. When we die, we deserve to know that we ain't alone. No matter what happens. We got each other.

Oh, an' one last thing. I'm proud of ya. If we ever worked together, no matter what else I said to you, I'm proud of you. Even if I ain't never laid eyes on you, just for doin' the job, I'm proud of ya.

It's been an honor, guys. An' when you come in, if this don't finish 'em off… Give 'em hell for Max Lombardi."

Sorry for the wall of text

Kuro Kagami: Shiro-chan … you said I'll turn normal when I grow up.
Sae Shirai: Uh …
Kuro Kagami: When exactly … do you become grown up? Twenty? Younger than that? Older? It … it hurts inside. I don't like it.
Sae Shirai: I might have been wrong … back then. However old you get, it doesn't change. Being an adult still hurts.
(Kodomo No Jikan)

"Come, gather and bear witness to my opera, now in the making. It's script is the height of cliche, I am forced to admit. And yet...it's actors are of the finest fold; beyond exquisite. Thus I believe you will find it enthralling."

Mercurius

"Stannis ground his teeth. 'It is not my wish to tamper with your rights and traditions. As to royal guidance, Janos, if you mean that I ought to tell your brothers to choose you, have the courage to say so.'

That took Lord Janos aback. He smiled uncertainly and began to sweat, but Bowen Marsh beside him said, 'Who better to command the black cloaks than a man who once commanded the gold, sire?'

'Any of you, I would think. Even the cook.'"

Stannis is low key hilarious

They were good men doing honest work, He-Man, so I destroyed their entire village-Skeletor

They can write a book about what you don't know!-Skeletor

I have traveled the length of the Multiverse, wreaking havoc...bringing terror wherever the shadow of Skeletors boot fell across the cowering populace. Billions of souls...Countless worlds...Universes beyond counting...All have fallen to my might! Oh but never have I held such raw power in my fist! With this...ahhhhh, with this, I could cause the very Cosmos to be gone with but a thought!-Skeletor

Phoenix821 said:
You fool! You think you can touch me with this?
You couldn't handle my gifts, with your greedy little mind!

What's inside mine was ahead of it's own time!

You did not steal from me, you stole me from mankind!
...Epic rap battles?

I have like, the entirety of some of the older raps memorized by heart now.

Side note, Epic Rap Battles has 2-A feats, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back