• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Favorite Quotes in Fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
"There's nothing to be ashamed of... If you don't know, Learn from now on... The tremble you are having now, is in fact... Fear."

"Give your all, It's been hundred of years, hero !!!! Exhaust all your strength!!! Muster all your resourcefulness!!! Show me your reckless courage— become a glorious sword that will pierce my heart!!!"

I like the conversation between Bats and Alfred in Arkham Origins:

Alfred, who do you see when you look at me? The boy whose shoes you used to tie every morning, the teenager you drove to his first date? While you are in here every night, I am out there... the ONLY THING between the innocent and the predatory...
~ Batma​
You may be, but...
~ Alfred​
No, not 'may be'. I am. When the mugger or the thief stops to think twice, that is fear. That is what I am. That is why they hired assassins - because I am the reason criminals breathe easier when the sun rises. So no, Alfred, I am NOT in over my head. Tonight will not be my end. But it will be theirs!
~ Batma​

"Vivec lifted his legs to float in the lotus position, his head to the side with the smile vanished and replaced by a dole of remorse without mocking. "I know how you die," he said, "and the trouble your soul will have reaching the far shores of your taken stars because of things you did to the discredit of the Hist, and how their long roots run even into the void tendril-feeling for your final entrance. I know how you think now, at this moment, that there are no paths except for the drowned lamp, or the wrongheaded romance of saberplay in a landscape of long regret, taking whosoever will ride with you through the still-sought salvation spread across each water lash, wandering your heart to find some purchase beyond the admonishment of the moons; flagellant without end."
Vivec's eyes went to the Glass Opal cradled in the pirate's arm and frowned. He looked at Cyrus, dourly, saying, "I know all of this about you, Sura, and more, and it grants us a kinship despite your crime against me, and so it pains me yet that I think you really know nothing of me and my mastery. Or do you? I am the city that walks, the wise and benevolent eye of the ALMSIVI, and it has been such for uncounted red generations, each adding its mark then and forevermore, the worship of the construction-everlasting, Architect Amen. What could you possibly know of me?"
Cyrus had never changed his expression. "I know you're talking," he said, "because I see your mouth moving and I hear words." And with that he dropped the stolen jewel and drew his saber."
- Lord Vivec's Sword-Meeting with Cyrus the Restless

Now, for one of the best:

"For what is a man? What has he got? If not himself, then he has naught to say the things he truly feels, and not the words of one who kneels! The record shows, i took the blows, and did it...MY WAY!"

`Is that possible?'

The bird Guide did not answer at once. It spread its wings and, with an easy grace, ascended into the air and flew out into the rain which, once again, was beginning to lighten.

It soared ecstatically up into the night sky, lights flashed around it, dimensions dithered in its wake. It swooped and turned and looped and turned again and came at last to rest two feet in front of Random's face, its wings beating slowly and silently.

It spoke to her again.

`Your universe is vast to you. Vast in time, vast in space. That's because of the filters through which you perceive it. But I was built with no filters at all, which means I perceive the mish mash which contains all possible universes but which has, itself, no size at all. For me, anything is possible. I am omniscient and omnipotent, extremely vain, and, what is more, I come in a handy self-carrying package. You have to work out how much of the above is true.

Under my foot, so hopeless it seems. You've troubled my day, now feel the pain.-Morgoth the Lord of Slaves.

There must be something more to life that we can't even know. Maybe somewhere on a purple shore beyond the status quo. The lights from Mars, well we've seen it before. The telescopes tell us it's true. A cluster of stars. bringing woe and such pain. What's a poor little planet to do?

You, who are without mercy, now plead for it? I thought you were made of sterner stuff
-Optimus Prime to Megatron

"One might say a person's mistake becomes experience... but a true mistake doesn't leave one with any experience. for those that make the mistake of challenging me no longer have a future."

~Hades fairy tail

The presence was waiting for us. It is The End of the Cycle and it has always been waiting for us. Our psionics suddenly speak in unison, a dozen voices in a perfect chorus: "IT IS NOT YET YOUR TIME." A pause. "BUT IT COULD BE."

Nothing more is said, but a bargain has been offered - we know that much. Power, knowledge and wealth beyond measure are ours for the taking.

If we will only bring forth the End.

"Heya...you been busy huh?.....so i got a question for you do you think even the worst person can change?....that everyone can be a good person if they just try?.....hehehehe......all right heres a better question do you wanna have a bad time?....cause if you take another step foward....your REALLY not gonna like what happens next.......welp sorry old lady this is why i never make promises"

-Sans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back