• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fate Series - High Tier Character Max Speed Rating (CCC)

Greetings. So I recently watched a video on Gilgamesh vs Aizen.

In which I believe it was quite well explained why Gilgamesh should boast Immeasurable speed. Not just Gilgamesh but some (not all) other 2A and Higher characters as well.

Video link is here for evidence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hOi1HLCT0k (Skip to 4:15 in which Gil's Speed is mentioned)

I am going to elaborate on some of the main points covered:

1) Solomon's Arc in Fate Grand Order. Solomon's stated to have created a Conceptual Universe that's beyond and outside of Space and Time.

2) It's even stated to be outside of normal temporal axis.

3) Which also means that he's moving in non-linear time.

And all 3 feats combined means it's movement beyond linear time.

Allow me to display the vs wiki's own definition of Immeasurable speed:

Immeasurable (Movement beyond linear time. This is why the speed cannot be measured. Given that S = D/T, if T is undefined the speed formula cannot be applied. This is the same reason why multiple temporal dimensions also grant immeasurable speed. For further information, see note 5 below.)

But I'm not done just there. Next I read a respect thread on CCC Gilgamesh:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/foru...lgamesh-fateextra-ccc-respect-thread-1984736/

Below are some relevant bits I found:

The Moon Cell is an object in Earth's solar system that simply observes the Earth. Despite it being a relatively small object in the solar system, with it's reality warping powers, the Moon Cell can create a virtual reality marble way beyond the size of a multiverse within its domain, despite its small physical size in the real world.

The Moon Cell's Far Side is anywhere from 5-D (stated to be higher dimensional, meaning above 4-D) to 7-D (it's description and properties seem far more impressive than Avalon's). "There also exists the Far Side of the Moon (µ£êÒü«ÞúÅÕü┤, Tsuki no Uragawa?), an imaginary space known as the trash bin that is used for storing malicious information and imaginary numbers. Sealed off as "Not For Use" information, it is a higher dimension where the light within the photon crystals is jumbled. It is the "exterior of the world", and can be called the "Garden of the Fallen" built from imaginary numbers in contrast to the Near Side being a cell where the "light of heavenly fire" is imprisoned. Due to his power, Gilgamesh is not allowed to appear on the Near Side of the Moon, so he sleeps in the Far Side instead. Nothing else should be able to exist there because it is the territory of nil, and intelligent life forms should not be allowed or be able to exist there. It is not within normal time, allowing for a series of communications over eighteen days from Earth to take less than a microsecond within the timeframe of the Moon Cell."

This also brings into question why Gilgamesh doesn't have Higher Dimensional Existence listed on his Genesis Mythology Mystic Code/Original power section. But that's another revision post in itself.

As you can see, Gilgamesh in the world of Fate/Extra is so powerful that he exists in a higher dimensional void that is possibly above Avalon in his base form. And Avalon in itself is 6th Dimensional.

Gilgamesh's speed in Fate/Extra is almost always interpreted incorrectly by fans. Many people claim Gilgamesh is billions of times faster than light due to him being sent to the Horsehead Nebula and coming back instantly, however Gilgamesh's true speed is beyond the concept of space-time, here is why...

BB after becoming the Moon Cell is described by Rin as having a higher dimensional existence and perspective where she can view and handle the past, present, and future at once,

"Rin :: On the other hand, the laws of the recorded universe are different. The perception of the recorded universe is over many dimensions…think of it as a higher dimensional existence. From this higher dimension, the third dimension looks like a flat scroll. Er, if the three-dimensional world is a world drawn in a book, and then if you jumped inside the book and came out outside the book, something like that? And then you're able to look down on any point in your past, present, and future from when you were inside the book, as a record — that's the higher dimensional perspective. You get it? Under these circumstances, all time inside the book becomes equivalent. Since you can always turn to whatever time you want to. There's no past or future. It's the same as that. This is imaginary number space, a higher dimensional information space made from light. The far side of the moon is fundamentally operated according to the laws of the recorded universe, not the observed universe. We are foreign bodies…no, guests. Creatures of the the observed universe that have been thrown into the recorded universe. Whereas the Moon Cell's Core is a concurrent world simulator where all possibilities are calculated and the past, present, and future all exist at the same time. In other words, it belongs to the recorded universe. BB has become that Moon Cell. She's obtained a higher dimensional perspective. So — BB can handle the past and the future simultaneously."

Notice from the earlier descriptions of BB's abilities that before fusing with the Moon Cell, she placed herself in "unlimited time" so she could hack the Moon Cell. So we have base BB pre-Moon Cell already in unlimited time, and Moon Cell BB existing above it, so how can Gilgamesh keep pace with BB if he is only billions of times faster than light? Simple, he can't... Moon Cell BB stated that Genesis Mystic Code Gilgamesh is on her level, meaning that Gilgamesh exist beyond time just like Moon Cell BB (makes sense since he existed in the Far Side in base).

Moon Cell Hakuno also makes an interesting comment...

As for the Horsehead Nebula feat Kiara did to Gilgamesh, there are two possibilities... One, that the feat of him getting back from 1,500 light years was more than just distance, as Kiara threw Gilgamesh into conceptual space and into the Horsehead Nebula in one of the many universes in the Moon Cell (a universe was referred to as a mere sector of the Moon Cell, as shown earlier) in a different dimension from Angelica Cage (the realm where the Moon Cell's core is), and it shows a beam of light come across the screen and he is back instantly. People assume Kiara threw him from Earth to the Horsehead Nebula, making him MFTL, but they were in the higher dimensional Angelica Cage (nowhere near Earth or the universe in general in the Moon Cell), meaning Kiara threw him across dimensions into a random universe in the Moon Cell. Possibility number two is that Kiara threw Gilgamesh OUTSIDE of the Moon Cell's reality marble entirely into the real universe, and since the Moon Cell physically exist in our solar system, people use the standard billions of times faster than light calc, but think about it... Gilgamesh got thrown out of a beyond infinite multiversal in size, higher dimensional virtual reality marble into the real universe into the Horsehead Nebula, and came back into one of the deepest realms of the Moon Cell's reality marble in the blink of an eye; that requires way beyond MFTL speeds. Regardless, the fact he is stated to be on the same level as Moon Cell BB and kept pace with her proves he's faster than the concept of time itself.

So once again, Gilgamesh's speed should be at least be Immeasurable at max.

Though if he's faster than the concept of Time itself then according to the vs wiki's definition it may even be Irrelevant speed but since he's not 1A, I'll refrain from arguing towards it.

If there are any points where I am missing, do kindly elaborate. I'd like to know why despite having a Genesis Mythical Mystic Code section for Gilgamesh, the vs wiki puts him at Massively MFTL+ at best.

IIRC the moon cell stuff was stated to be infinite in distance. IDK about immeasurable, but infinite is a solid thing IG

Well we kinda did talk about that CCC characters might get infinite or immesurable speed. Immesurable by moving on timeless space, this is more in Gil. Because Imaginary number space is a timeless, it is even stated in Case File.

Elm1
Elm2

John985 said:
Well we kinda did talk about that CCC characters might get infinite or immesurable speed. Immesurable by moving on timeless space, this is more in Gil. Because Imaginary number space is a timeless, it is even stated in Case File.
Beware the "Outlier" sign though, as it was Servant Gil who can move in the Imaginary Number Space, and it can cause Scaling problems.

This dude did something like that, and got Outliered because scaling errors

And whoever was it that the OP quoted, the one that says the wiki uses Horsehead Nebula distance as the distance, instead of a different Space-Time.

No.

If you chose Tamamo as your Servant and go CCC Route, there'd be a statement about her comparing how far she is from you to the distance between him and Horsehead Nebula. That's why the calc guy at Narutoforum used that a the distance.

Diinou HotHead said:
And whoever was it that the OP quoted, the one that says the wiki uses Horsehead Nebula distance as the distance, instead of a different Space-Time.
No.

If you chose Tamamo as your Servant and go CCC Route, there'd be a statement about her comparing how far she is from you to the distance between him and Horsehead Nebula. That's why the calc guy at Narutoforum used that a the distance.
Even boiling it down to the basic definition of Immeasurable, surely movement beyond Linear time on it's own should qualify for Immeasurable speed?

It's in the definition itself as explained previously.

If you have a character that can move through Imaginary Space, then can it really be assumed they are bound by the laws of regular Space-Time?

You're right in saying people moving in Imaginary Number Space should get the Immeasurable rating, I suppose.

There are concerns of scaling problems though, such as whoever fought with CCC Gil, or whoever scales to the God Tiers, that's probably why it wasn't applied.

Immeasurable speed means explicitly moving backwards and forwards in time via movement alone, such as landing an attack before you start to move, and being unbound by linear time. If this requirement is not fulfilled, and speculation is necessary, it should not be applied.

Gilgamesh beat BB, who is already omnipresent and explicitly exists throughout an infinite multiverse and views time like a book. That alone should be enough.

Omnipresence or advanced precognition and immeasurable speed are not the same thing.

Not as far as I am aware. Infinite speed means travelling any finite distance instantly or an infinite distance within limited time.

Antvasima said:
Omnipresence or advanced precognition and immeasurable speed are not the same thing.
did you just call viewing all of time like a book advanced precognition

I know what the difference is.

I do not know the context, but has BB herself ever been shown to move at immeasurable speeds?

I think infinite speed for God tiers is more likely, but it could be possible for a few to have something like Immeasurable attack speed.

But with all the ability revisions, and attack potency revisions kind of took piority over speed.

Though... Is there a summary of points for the OP..? There is a lot of reading there lol

Antvasima said:
I do not know the context, but has BB herself ever been shown to move at immeasurable speeds?
Nope. She only fused and existed in a place where time is nonlinear, the level of existence where you percieve time in a nonlinear fashion.

TheUpgradeManHaHaxD said:
I think infinite speed for God tiers is more likely, but it could be possible for a few to have something like Immeasurable attack speed.
But with all the ability revisions, and attack potency revisions kind of took piority over speed.

Though... Is there a summary of points for the OP..? There is a lot of reading there lol
1. Ars Paulina thingy

2. Why does moving in the Imaginary Number Space not grant people Immeasurable Speed

With Goetia's temple being located outside of time (Imaginary Numbers Space), it sounds like he should get immeasurable speed. Same for Amaterasu, since she isn't bound by time.

Gilgamesh should then also get immeasurable speed if moving in Imaginary Numbers Space results in that. I think BB can also move within it, if I remember correctly.

being located outside of Time itself is only infinite speed if i remember right. Which appears to be more consisent, but something else we have to look at is consistency.

Gilgamesh was able to move in Imaginary Number Space because the alteration that BB caused by messing with the system of Causality.

BB pre-mooncell traversed an area of infinite distance which is infinite speed.

Amaterasau is located outise of the time axis that should be infinite speed as well.

Though, someone like the lion king was able to shoot a blast from past into the future instantly to hit a part of sheba. Though we should eventaully do a CRT on singularities, but that looks like Immeasurable speed attack speed

That ability that Goetia used to incinerate humanity should definetly be immeasurable attack speed unless we want to go the route that imaginary number space transcends and lookd down upon the mulltiverse or whatever.

These are just my thoughts, and the first few that popped into my head

Well, I have very limited time available, and do not know almost anything about this setting. It would be better if you ask staff members listed in the pages linked below to help out here:

Knowledgeable Members List

Nasuverse

ThisIsMySwagPack said:
Gilgamesh should then also get immeasurable speed if moving in Imaginary Numbers Space results in that. I think BB can also move within it, if I remember correctly.
I'm not sure about this part. As even if it qualifies, scaling hell will Outlier it. I remember Hakuno also being able to move inside it too.

It should be immeasurable because speed is distance divided by time. If you remove time from the equation, then the formula is inapplicable. This is assuming Imaginary Numbers Space is really outside of time. Someone should find exact quotes on that.

Gilgamesh can move in Imaginary Numbers Space because it's his home and natural environment.

It's a legit feat for him, but giving it to everyone who fights him is impossible. Unless Robin Hood has immeasurable speed lol.

It really seems the authors just give feats to characters and don't care at all about scaling and interactions with other characters. So yes, I'm for the option of giving such rating to him and characters who have such feats.

Maybe make it "(Whatever speed he gets, be it Infinite or Immeasurable) while in Imaginary Number Space" might help with it a little

@Diinou

That would be misleading though, he doesn't gain that abillity from sitting in the Imaginary Number Space, it's just something he has, which wouldn't scale to other servants people will try to do that anyway though

I remembered Jinako said she ordered Karna out to the Imaginary Number Space to fetch a game for her.

How would I take this?

Diinou HotHead said:
I remembered Jinako said she ordered Karna out to the Imaginary Number Space to fetch a game for her.
How would I take this?
Where did this happen? Because when BB threw Jinako into Imaginary Numbers Space, Karna couldn't do anything besides bending the knee to BB.

Jinako mentioned it when talking with Shinji, while Shinji was preparing against Melt. As in here

Karna probably can't search for Jinako in the entire Imaginary Number Space, heck, you getting to your Servant after they were BFRed there is actually somewhere even BB can't go.

I will unsubscribe to this thread due to time constraints, but nothing will happen here unless you follow my earlier advise.

Antvasima said:
I will unsubscribe to this thread due to time constraints, but nothing will happen here unless you follow my earlier advise.
I have contacted Reppuzan and Solacis to have a look at this thread as per your advise.

Some of the basic points I'd like to elaborate again:

1) 5D Space. The Moon Cell's Far Side is anywhere from 5-D (stated to be higher dimensional, meaning above 4-D) to 7-D (it's description and properties seem far more impressive than Avalon's).

4D Space is what follows regular Space-Time. Anything above that is already movement beyond linear time.

Literal definition from Wikipedia itself regarding Five Dimensional Space:

A five-dimensional space is a space with five dimensions. If interpreted physically, that is one more than the usual three spatial dimensions and the fourth dimension of time used in relativistic physics.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five-dimensional_space

The Moon Cell can clearly go above 5D all the way up to the 7th Dimension. So how is this even bound by regular Space-Time?

2) Imaginary Number Space - I have got the literal description from the Type Moon Wiki itself:

Imaginary Number Space (ÞÖܵò░þ®║Úûô, Kyosü Küka?) is a type of alternative space in the Nasuverse, apart from normal space and reality.[1]

https://typemoon.fandom.com/wiki/Imaginary_Number_Space

This alone should also be proof that characters that move through Imaginary Space should not be bound by regular Space-Time at all.

Honestly, I feel characters like Gil; Solomon; Goetia and a couple more high Tier Fate characters should get a higher speed rating than simply MFTL+. It's not doing them justice to the basic powers they wield. At the very, very least it should be Infinite if people still have doubts regarding Immeasurable.

But once again, if anyone has any counter logic to what I stated from both relativistic physics point of view from Wikipedia and canonical evidence from the TYPE Moon wiki itself then I'm always open to debate.

And finally I would like to further add that this should not scale to every servant and not even every servant that's on the high tier list (2A) in Fate. Just the one's with solid enough evidence that they can indeed move much faster.

Honestly, just the statements in CCC that stated the Imaginary Number Space is not normal time is enough to prove it's one of the 2 "I" speeds (Infinite or Immeasurable)

But somebody may just go "I do not think that we should base such massive upgrades on very uncertain information" (It's 2 scans I have currently after all, there's another scan that explaons more about the Far Side)

Diinou HotHead said:
Honestly, just the statements in CCC that stated the Imaginary Number Space is not normal time is enough to prove it's one of the 2 "I" speeds (Infinite or Immeasurable)
But somebody may just go "I do not think that we should base such massive upgrades on very uncertain information" (It's 2 scans I have currently after all, there's another scan that explaons more about the Far Side)
I am glad that you at least agree with me here. Thank you for that.

As for those people, my only response would be: "Can you piece by piece break down the evidence that I just gave on this thread and then elaborate how such a massive speed upgrade isn't plausible?"

I honestly think for those people, it's just hitting on their egotistical side than any logical reasoning. Claiming there is very uncertain information (when what I am providing canonical evidence and not just my opinion) is the illogical reasoning itself here.

Back