• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Farewell everyone: Im leaving

Hey everyone. Yeah it's what the title says. I never expected this or intended to, but it's now my time to take my leave as well. It's most likely not permanent, so I might come back here in the future, but it's likely not going to be anytime soon. Why? Well, there are a few reasons I have for this.

For one, Im spending way too much time on here. While I like this site and many people in it a lot, I can't help but think im only just giving too much of my time here. I don't have many things IRL/offline to take away my focus, so this site was to partically fill in the gaps because of fictional debates and discussion. But now, I strongly feel that I need a break. A real, long one.

Secondly, I currently feel like my place in the wikia is just....not really neccessary. That my opinions/stances on topics aren't much value overall and that im not much of a real contributor. Most discussions or topics I take part in occasionally get messy. And thats mostly because of me having different stances on things that brings forth such discussion or my opinions don't matter to topics as much. It causes some drama, problems, and sometimes controversy. Not the 1st time for any one of us of course, but it's made me lose interest.

And third, overall, the standards currently for the site don't fit too well with me now. Ive already had a lot of things I disagree with, like everyone else, so thats not a surprise. But there are things here that I myself don't want to align myself with particularly. In other words, there's stuff I don't agree with, so to prevent problems coming up between others I know just because of personal feelings, im going to leave. At least temporarily.

Don't get me wrong. I like this site very much to have already put much of my focus and interest for fictional discussions in it. Im not sure if I made or had too many friends here, or even any friends at all, but I am very glad and happy to have talked to some people here that were really great to me in the end. At first, before coming here, I used to think this site was like how many others thought it was. Some "wank-fest of a site" or other worse descriptions made for it.

But overtime, I wanted to see this site for what it really was, personally, by becoming a user here myself. And ever since then, i've come to have my love for this site grow much more and have even more respect for it. And the people that also participate here of course. While it's not perfect, it's still a very great place in it's own way that has great potential to grow even further. And for the people I know and have got along wih the most, im very glad and honored to have got to know you as, hopefully, my friends.

So...thats about it. Maybe one day i'll come back to this place. Time will only be able to tell. As the last part of my goodbye letter, I just want to mention the people from here that are particularly the closest to me:

-The Real Cal Howard : Forgive me everybody, but I'll have to pull a Dorthy from Wizard of Oz moment here and immediately say I think i'll miss you most of all Cal. I remember back when I first became a member of this wikia that you were one of the very few first people that I immediately grown to like and respect. Not just because of our similar interests in verses like Pokemon and such, but because you were (and still are) a very chill down to earth guy. Sure, we never always agreed on stuff (I still remember when we were opposing each other about Gothitelle and Beheeyem lol). Heck, there may be like once or at best twice where we were at each others throats over a disagreement (I think it had to do with Bakugan (?) back when I used to defend the verse here). But I know, for a fact, that i've NEVER let any of those disagreements cloud how I see you here. You are a very kind, smart, and hilarious down to earth guy to hang around and chat with here. You have great interests and as a staff member, all i've ever seen from you is your very best efforts to do whats best for not only this sites sake, but for everyones sake as a whole. Have you made mistakes before? Yes, of course. But what makes me the most impressed by you is that you don't let these mistakes forever breathe down your neck. You either turn these mistakes into new learning lessons, ignore them knowing your much better, or accept them without ever feeling bad about knowing you can be wrong on something and still do things very right. Even when it looks like your standing alone on something, you're never afraid to voice how you feel about it. And whether I eventually come back or permanently stay gone, I seriously and sincerely hope you continue to do this. Continuing to do your very best (like no one ever was!!!! cue pokemon theme) the best way you know how. So as a fellow pokemon fan, and hopefully your friend, all I have to say is thank you for always showing me the best side of yourself more than anything else. And with that, I guess, this is where we part (for now at least). One last "ovo" for the road before I close here.....

Goodbye The Real Cat Howard. See what I did? OvO. Oh, and please when you get a chance you should start reading my story. FC/OC for me won't be out of reach and if ever asked I can post my stories there (which makes the most sense).

-Darkanine: Most definitely I have to say something about you before taking my leave as well. While we didn't grow close from the start of me joining the wikia, I am very glad that we were able to become friendly amogst each other eventually. Your extremely chill, hilarious, smart, and have great taste in anime/cartoons like I do. Particularly shows like from Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, etc. Or to be more specific, shows like Power Rangers and especially Voltron. I especially love how you do a lot of calcs on cartoon or animated-based shows that hardly get any recgonition compared to the everyday anime people care more about (like for instance, Huey Freeman's High 8-C hypersonic feat. That kickball feat was literally the best ive ever seen out of him in the Boondocks and love it completely. Was very happy to see it get love from your calc! ^_^ ). Theres likely more than im letting on, but im sure you'd get the picture. But what I love about you most of all is your postive attitude. It could just be from my perspective, but ive never once seen you ever get heated, upset, or viciously annoyed in any thread here on the site that ive witnessed or taken part in. You always look at the good parts of everything no matter how ugly it looks on the surface, which I think is extremely great. Im going to miss you just as much. Keep doing the amazing work as a member of this site and someone who can help it evolve (or Digi-volve ovo) further.

BTW, you better catch up on Voltron lol. December will be a very emotional month for us fans....last Voltron Season in the making :( , but one that'll be the magnum opus of all :)

-TISSG7Redgrave: For you TISSG, I also must say something about my relationship with you on the site. While we may not have always chatted as much as I did with others, I can easily say it was a great-ass time talking with you. I'll never forget always seeing you popping up in chat to make the discussions fun as possible. I don't ever recall a shred of negativity coming from you, at all. What i'll especially remember is you taking time out of your hands to help me with working out the stats for Cardight Vanguard (Yugioh's superior master ovo). If I ever come back (which is possible), i'll have to get back on with that as well. Not just Cardfight Vanguard but also the Beyblade verse as well when I managed to get it on here (never finished the pages but someone else can do that. Or I can if I ever decide to return). But in the end, what i'll remember best about you is your extreme positivity you give around the wikia, which I find an incredibily important part for this site. Please continue to help make this site grow and, of course, be well and safe.

-Dragonmasterxyz: For the sake of us leaving things on a great note, and me still seeing you as someone close to chat with in discussions, I must give a personal goodbye to you too. Being quite honest, we both know how things have gone between us during my time here. Sometimes we're calm, sometimes we're annoyed. One day we have fun, the next day we don't. It's not uncommon, but thats how we've worked so far. Sometimes there were good days and also bad ones. You've probably seen me as someone different than how I really am (and I wouldnt blame you if you did either) because of those disagreements, but thats okay. Because thankfully, our butting-head disagreements has never made me see you as any different kind of person but who you really are. Someone who can make others laugh, puts in great effort to showcase his beliefs on topics, and is blatently honest. There's nothing wrong with that at all. And despite our bad days, I greatly respect you for that. Especially for your honesty. All you do is try your best for the sake of this site and the verses you discuss in order to be real with people. Speaking of that, I do have to say something about Digimon in my goodbye to you. While there are things for Digimon that I personally don't stand for, what I do have to say is that im so inspired by not only your extreme consistent interest in the franchise, but also your beyond consistent contribution you give to the verse to make it as accruate and detailed as humanly possible. No matter what I disagree with, I can't overlook that achievement. Seriously, if there was an award here for a verse having the most detailed information, like blogs, to support it's statistics Digimon would probably get the best one in a heartbeat. And as a Digimon fan myself (which I still need to finish the anime...), I can't help but be proud. Im not sure if you see me as anyone different because of the discussions we've been apart of, but no matter what, I still wanted you to know how I felt about you. Honestly and truthfully before leaving. So please, continue doing what you do best for the site.

-SomebodyData: For us, we've been in a great deal of discussions together as well. Mostly Pokemon, Yugioh, Dragon Ball, now Pac-Man lol, and some others. And we've also had our fair share of disagreements too. Nothing too bad though. There has never been anything bad about you from my time talking and debating with you here. All i've ever seen from you was good. Especially in the past Yugioh threads. No names will be mentioned, but I very much appreciate the support you had for me when X and Y were heavily making those thread's experiences very bad for me at the time. Im especially grateful for the support and motivation you gave me when making 4-C Pac-Man possible lol. But of course, thats not what im also thankful for from you. Same song and dance lol, but you've always shown me your fun side and your not afraid to point out a fault in any topic in any thread. And I find that very great on your part as a staff member, a user of this site, and a person. While we've never took-part in any seriously great-discussions, chatting with you period has been a great part of my experience here as a member of VSBW. And for that, im very thankful. Please continue to do your best too!

And P.S., since you've shown fair interest in Pac-Man (the one worth anything lol), i'd appreciate it if you (or Tonipelimies of course) continued supporting the Ghostly Adventure characters. If you dont mind of course. You have my RT's and the G.A. stat thread to look at as references. If you have any questions about feats, you can always still message me on other wikias whenever you want (or I can make an account on another social media to chat with you).

-WeeklyBattles: I might not have much to say for you Weekly, but I do want to say something since you were also someone I had more of a time with here than others. Despite how others feel about you, I've always had (and still do) have high hopes for you as a staff member here. Yes, you've made mistakes before, but everyone has, so there's nothing wrong with that at all. And im sure you know that because despite the mistakes, you continue to push forward and do your best at your job the best way you know how. There's nothing wrong with that ever. Along with being a great staff member, you're also a great person to have discussions with here as well. Your very knowledgeable, nice, and forthcoming. I have extreme confidence that you'll always be a great asset to the site and that you'll always do your best no matter what others say :)

-Burning Full Fingers: Same thing for you. I always liked participating in discussions with you as well, most especially Naruto and Bleach discussions. Your an extremely level headed member of this site, which is to be expected from someone who used to be former staff lol. You're always capable of having a discussion with others without ever making it heated, whether agreeing or disagreeing with a side. And for that, thats something im going to remember about you when I leave here. If I ever come back, it'll be great to chat with you more too. And if not...well....this is sadly goodbye. Please take care of yourself too!

-NeoZex6399: As a fellow Pokemon fan, and someone who always enjoyed chatting with you too here, I must mention you too man. I've always especially loved all of the pokemon fanart you would post in the discussion threads lol. Some were awesome looking and some were always cute to laugh at. In a good way of course lol. But other than that, i've always had positive impressions about you and nothing else. For threads, you never leave anything out, always making sure stuff gets chekced to see if its of any value, which is always great. Your a great member to have here on the site and if im lucky to see you again, I hope to see more of that. Even if not, please continue being a great service to the site!

-AstralKing7: For this man, its no brainer to have to mention him, especially when talking about my experience with Naruto threads lol. For one, i've never had a problem with you buddy. Ever. So that by itself is good lol. And second, while we've maybe never always agreed on every little thing, I can't help but mention you as a naruto supporter that gives the fanbase here especially a good name. You always bring up good points and more importantly, you give it your best to support the verse like a true contributor would. Even in non-Naruto threads, you've been a great person to chat stuff with and im going to miss that when leaving. Make sure to always be the same productive member of this site whenever you can like I say you are bro!

For anyone I didn't mention specifically, sorry If I forgot you. It's almost 4 am, im tired, wanted to finish this tonight for I might not be able to tomorrow, and im re-watching Naruto (Seeing Hiruzen die for the upteenth time still gets me everytime...). But for everyone i've come across, mentioned or not, I thank you dearly for the experience i've had here on the site. You've all shown me the great side of the wikia and again, while its not perfect its a much better place than given credit for. And while some of you may not consider me a friend, I do consider you my friends. And Im going to miss you all a lot in the end. If anyone ever wants to contact me, for anything, you can always message me on different wikias (FC/OC would be the best bet in this regard as i'll most likely use it to post my stories) or I can make an account for another social media for us to chat on. I won't be leaving right away, but soon.

So thank you again VSBW. For everything. Should I ever return, im looking foward to seeing how you've evolved. If not, then I wish you all well! Best Wishes! ^_^

I need time to come up with a paragraph to do you in kinda and wish you a proper goodbye. You leaving will hit hard, as you were definitely one of the people who were at my side throughout your stint here. There's no "we didn't talk much but..." because we did talk a lot. I feel like I could've done more to, ya know? Been a better friend and VSBW mentor. Maybe you'd still be staying if I did. But c'est la vie. I'll sctially miss you as the one other person who'll actually make a Pokémon upgrade thread. Take care, Anime4Life

Sad to see you go kukui i did enjoy my talks with ya and was happy to see some vanguard and beyblade fans pop up. Ahh the childhood nostalgia lol. Well take care and GL with your life man. Hope to see you back when you can come back and hopefully i haven't kick the bucket till then. (Also i remember your former name anime4life too XD) o/

Farewell! I know I'll miss you, & I'm sure many others well! Whenever you're ready to come back, you can know that I'll always feel you're welcom here! I hope your time away from VsBattles Wiki makes you feel better, @ProfessorKukui4Life.

You always seemed like a nice guy, & I liked your help when I got it & your topics when I saw them.

Seriously, I'll miss you, man.

Back