• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy tail Upgrade

Calculation based on jellal's new feat. Credit goes to a guy named "Y" on TMF.

The avb one is more elaborate. Pretty much what mine looks like. 159,000m is the distance between gray and the night sky jellal did in the horizon, where as the height of where jellal starts in dispersing the atmosphere should at least be 2km because that's the minimun height of the clouds, and in the scan we can clearly see that the clouds are being dispersed. hence using pythagorean theorem we can get the distance between the nightsky above gray to the nightsky at the horizon(this is lowballed btw, im using a straight line instead of an arc hence it's lower than what it should be) so x = squareroot(159,000-2,000) = 12,000m this will now be our "radius" which we will use to get the volume of the top portion of a sphere or spherical cap, a=12,000m

equation for volume of a portion of a sphere(sphere cap) is v=h(pi)/6 [3a^2+h^2] h = troposhere - height where he started moving the atmosphere= 20,000 - 2,000 = 18,000 m a = horizontal distance = 12,000 which gives us 3.17x10^12 m^3

density of the air is 1.225 kg/m^3, to get the mass we use density formula which is d=m/v, so m=(1.225kg/m^3)(3.17x10^12 m^3) =3.879x10^12 kg

now this the tricky part where we can only do assumptions we don't know how fast jellal turned everything into night, but there is no way it took him a long time considering it has already turned black in the horizon before he even cast his spell specially since he's bloodlusted and wanted to kill neinhart already. i think 5 secs is good time, so 12,000m/5secs = 2400

the energy formula is K=1/2mv^2 =1/2(3.879x10^12)(2400)^2= 1.117x10^19 J

The second one come from a guy named "Jerza Fernandes" from AnimeViceBoards.

http://animevice.boards.net/thread/6272/ft-jellals-atmospheric-dispersio

Well, two things then:

1) The horizon formula he grabbed is using cloud height whereas this is, like, space. It isn't in the atmosphere at all, so I don't know whether you can actually use a horizon calc on it.

2) In this sca from the chapter, you can see that it isn't a very cloudy day. I don't think he cleared clouds at all, at least not the amount the calc is saying he did. He might have cleared the atmosphere itself to show space, but considering how huge the atmosphere is that seems like a rather large outlier.

The use of the pythagorean theorem there is wrong and a more ciruclar construct should be used indeed. That aside cloud height shouldn't be assumed to be the top of the troposphere. Clouds can very realistically also only be 500 meters thick. They don't go up all the way to the highest possible point usually.

Another thing is the question if the horizon value as it is here does apply like that. This value assumes that nothing at all stands in they way all the way to the horizon when viewed.

In all shots there were either buildings obstruction the view or in the one shown in the calc there is smokes and further in the back mountains. Given that I don't believe the assumption of completly unobstructed view all the way to the horizon is justified here.

But that are errors that can be fixed I think. Someone just has to sit down and redo the calc in a proper version (I sadly don't have the time currently).

I mean, the thing is, Jellal clearly showed space here. Considering Rayleigh scattering, he wouldn't need to just clear any clouds in the way (which, btw, there were few) but also a considerable portion of the atmosphere.

There's also the fact that the horizon calc uses cloud height for what is essentially space, so that's pretty bad.

Why do you think that is space (as in without athmosphere)? I assumed it just is the nightsky, given that after the fight the sun rises.

The scan you have there also is from after the fight. Since the calc is about the clouds being pushed beyond the horizon there would of course not be many clouds, no?

I think that it is space because the sky is not blue and we can see stars. This implies Rayleigh scattering is gone aka there is no atmosphere in that volume.

I can check the sky before the fight but really I don't think there are anywhere close to that many clouds in the sky as implied by the OP. It wasn't a cloudy or rainy day.

I hope that this calc surpass the Mountain level feat

(And the result will apply to any character that can beat/damage a Spriggan)

DontTalk said:
But that are errors that can be fixed I think. Someone just has to sit down and redo the calc in a proper version (I sadly don't have the time currently).
and I have the time

But not enough knowledge

I mean, i know the formulas used

But, the perspective seems kinda tricky

NotEvenHuman said:
Just saying, but the sun isn't rising there. It was sunset in that scene.
If that is really the case then he likely just dyed the sky through his magic. In that case we don't even see the real sky here.

@Alakabamm: I see. In that case your right, it likely was just one big cloud and not all of the sky.

In that is so the feat likely is not all that impressive and above that I wouldn't know how to calculate it.

Wait so it was day time when the place was dispersed? If that's the case then the first thing I see wrong is that they would've had to disperse the entire atmosphere, as said above.

LordXcano said:
Wait so it was day time when the place was dispersed? If that's the case then the first thing I see wrong is that they would've had to disperse the entire atmosphere, as said above.
Yeah, it was during the day

Well, if we go with most of the athmosphere (not quite all else they would all suffocate) I would spontanously approximate it to Country level, if we stay at 159000 m radius (which we in the end probably shouldn't).

wow.

But I am kinda sceptical to this being athmosphere dispersion. Lets remember that jellal uses star based magic. I can very much imagine that the night sky appearing there is just a visual effect of him using that spell at full power. Basically just an image projected onto the sky, so to say.

As much as i would love Country level Jellal, i have to agree with DT here. It being just a visual effect just sounds waaay more likely and consistent than dispersing the atmosphere.

You could also use anglesizing for the result, as the guy at the bottom of the thread said.

"Size of the hole is inaccurate.

Use anglesizing.

ang size 2 arctan(OBJECT SIZE/(PANEL HEIGHT/tan(70/2) = 37.2 degrees

Height to lowest clouds (2 km)

www.1728.org/angsize.htm

Size = 1346 metres in diameter, 673 metres

So it's a city level feat"

IIRC Madoka splitting the clouds over an ''entire city ''only got Mountain level so it kinda does?

Base natsu mountain lvl and jellal is city lvl it doesn't make sense tho...btw for now i think jellal is top tier

Back