• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Revision

Yes, some are together.

Happy was never able to cross a continent in moments.

Wendy's FACE was still in the same country and she likely took longer to get there. There may even be an exact minute count. Again, at best, she crossed a portion of a country in minutes.

Sorry, country*, he could cross the country in moments to intercept Zeref's army.

Actually, I don't remember Dokujelly Valley being mentioned as a place in Fiore. However, I can see that you have some points on the timing aspect. I could theorize why this is, but that would be rather moot. Although moving through the country(if it is in the same country) in minutes is still a feat in the lower Massively Hypersonic range (correct me if I'm wrong). I still think that the creator doesn't understand how fast he made his characters in that one moment.

There was a chapter break there and I don't think we can quantify that timespan.

I don't think Wendy's movement can be particuarly quantified, because she could have been anywhere, such as 1-2 km away from the fight. This is especially true once you consider that the Igneel vs Acnologia fight didn't even happen anywhere close to Magnolia or Lake Sciliora.

The chapter started off from where it left off in the beginning of the chapter. There is nothing to quantify.

Wait, I believe I forgot to bring this up.

Are you aware about the Speed situation with Final Fantasy 7 characters? (You probably won't find the comments anymore, but this was an issue.) When their speed was brought into question. Someone asked why FF7 characters were FTL (Faster Than Light) when they always traveled on vehicles and ships like the Highwind. It seemed that if they were truly FTL, they would not need such vehicles. I think it was Azathoth or Everlasting who used the defence that the creator doesn't know how fast they made their characters. I'd like to apply this to our current situation. When dealing with time, I don't think Mashima was aware of the speed his characters could be at.

No, it didn't. There isn't a timeframe. It was a chapter break. "Moments" is nuts.

I am talking about the speed of characters relative to each other. Not about vehicles. This was never a topic about vehicles. Final Fantasy scaling has no bearing here. The dragons are clearly faster in every instance. It doesn't make sense to accept a second hand scaling.

The chapter you are talking about does have a chapter break, however the next chapter starts off where it was left from the previous chapter.

Actually, I was referencing a precedent. I was basically saying that it doesn't exactly matter how much time it takes for Wendy and Carla to travel to Dokujelly Valley. Especially when Attacking speed and Travelling speed are as different as you've made them out to be. I mentioned a vehicles because, in some sense, Carla was just that to bring Wendy to FACE.

It does because there is no comparable feat to what the dragons did for any character that is not them. Making some sort of distinction for Wendy is just undermining your argument. But, again, Final Fantasy has no bearing here. We're talking about relative speeds, not the speed of light.

It's a comparison of reasoning. A precedent. That's the only reason I bring up FF7. As for undermining my argument, how does it do that?

"It does because there is no comparable feat to what the dragons did for any character that is not them." There is. That's why we are this argument about Wendy in the first place. I compared Dragons Slayers attacking Massively Hypersonic Dragons. You used Wendy's speed to undermine my argument. However, I just explained that, that was a Travelling Speed, not Attacking Speed.

You keep insisting that second order scaling is inaccurate, but I keep telling you it can't be. I used the FF7 feat to distinguish Attacking Speed and Travelling Speed. A distinguish that you had agreed upon previously. I then used that in my favour through a comparison. If I can distinguish Attacking Speed and Traveling Speed, your Wendy argument is not longer an effective means to counter my argument. I don't think you understood why I was talking about FF7 when I used it in relation to explain why the feat still works.

So I really don't understand how this undermines my argument? You still haven't been able to go around my primary reasoning. "The creator doesn't know how fast he made his own characters"

The creator not knowing speeds has no bearing on this though? The FT characters are inferior to the dragons in several ways and don't have feats even close to what the dragons showed in that instance. I've already given several examples of that, which I don't feel like restating.

Alright. I'd assume that even though they are inferior to Dragons, they were not far behind in stats due to being able to hit each other (atleast in Speed). I've already given several examples of this and countered some of yours as well. I'll just wait for more people to agree or disagree.

Acnologia killed countless dragons even in his human form Dragon force users should definitely be scaled to the dragons since they have the same power

Also if the argument is "travel speed" then HST is in for downgrades since most of their MHS+ speed is travel excluding Toneris feats

But wasn't the Dragons' feat based on them attacking as they flew around? That's why it counted for Combat Speed. They were still moving as they flew.

Probably no more than an aircraft pilot setting a specific goal for his flight, but regardless, fiction usually tends to make a massive distinction between flight speed and movement speed, unless proven othervise, and as the others said, we cannot scale other characters from them anyway.

Back