• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Possible Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Dragon Thats not how it works. Or we scale her only on her emotional boost or we scale everything. Of course her weaker armors would be 6-C rated in that case.

Again guys I still think this is an outlier or PIS. She was definitely running at far lower ability than normal. Her bones were broken = bad physical condition (worse than pretty much anyone we've seen at anytime in the series) and her magic was low - one minute isn't enough compared to recharge and she was throwing around a lot of magic beforehand.

@Blanked

Also er no, the tree was repaired by Ultear's arc of time. It was uprooted comepletely before by Azuma

@Xin no proof of her magic being low it's your head canon. She fought for little time so her magic barely suffered.

And Ultear repaired the tree later on, it has 0 to do with what i said.

I really don't care. I've read the arguments against it being an outlier and they don't make sense. Emotions and friendship really? Smh.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
I disagree with the upgrades. That was very clearly an outlier. Don't see how you can sit there and say it's not.
I used to think the way you do, but now I sorta agree with matt. Plus, it isnt that big of a gap. Mountain Level to Large Island is just a power gap of a thousand.

Luffy went through a similar strength increase in one arc. Yusuke went a trillion fold increase in one arc. DB Goku to DBZ Goku went too a billion fold increase in one arc.

How is it an outlier? I might concede it is bad writing, but far from an outlier.

I really don't care. I've read the arguments against it being an outlier and they don't make sense. Emotions and friendship really? Smh.
Can you not be so condescending? We've explained why we think it's legit. We've given other verses that do the exact same thing. Dude, you are better than this....

You know emotions and friendship are actual and legit power?

Want scans about it? Have a ton.

It's funny how people disagree about this because they don't like how powers in FT work.

People are so stuck on it being "Nakama Power" that they dismiss it.

Is it bad writing? 100%. Does that matter? No it doesn't?

Practically every single FT downplaying argument comes from personal bias against the Verse. As someone who is neither a fan nor a hater, this is blatantly obvious to me.

Dragon I suggest you chill. Nobody was be condescending I was simply giving my opinion. Seriously now cursing was not called for and as an administrator you should know that.

Bad writing doesn't make something a outlier.

If Erza was stated to get a power up when she did this feat then it's not a outlier.

Bad writing sure, but it doesn't make it a outlier.

@Blanked

Yeah sorry, about that I reread it just now and you're right about the magic not being low.

I still think it's an outlier though due to the fact that she was getting stomped easily and even dragon force+emotion boost would only boost you up 2 tiers, which she doesn't have. Add to that the fact that she was damaged worse than pretty much anyone we've seen the entire series except people who died and that seems like PIS to me.

Also the Tenrou tree thing was a response to you stating that it was Erza who fixed the tree/made the tree fix itself? with the power of emotions earlier.

1) Make Erza at her strongest 6-C

2) Make Erza at her strongest 6-C through Emotion Boosts or something.

I'm fine with either.

Dragon I suggest you chill. Nobody was be condescending I was simply giving my opinion. Seriously now cursing was not called for and as an administrator you should know that.

"I really don't care. I've read the arguments against it being an outlier and they don't make sense. Emotions and friendship really? Smh."

smh= Shaking my head. Basically meaning that I can't believe you all believe such a stupid thing.

If it was your opinion, don't put "smh" Don't act like the victim here. Be careful with what you type. Either way this is derailing...

I may have took it wrong and in that case I apologize. Otherwise I mean what I said.

Matthew Schroeder said:
1) Make Erza at her strongest 6-C

2) Make Erza at her strongest 6-C through Emotion Boosts or something.

I'm fine with either.
It's high 6-C actually... Baseline, but high 6-C.

Blanked said:
Anyway, we have to settle this.

Any ideas how?
Can you summise the whole thread for me my dude? I am fine with either Island/Large Island Level Erza. (Jesus christ how many large island busters exist in shonen--)

Again I still think it's PIS but since so many people seem to want to accept it I'd vote for possibly 6-C with emotion boosting.

@KinikiestSins

Basically Erza was originally at 7-A and was getting stomped by Irene. Then after getting her bones broken, she jumps up 2+ tiers and stomps Irene. Now the point we're arguing about is whether its and outlier/PIS. The group that says it's PIS states that either the power of friendship isn't a good justification, or like me that she was badly injured and the maximum emotional upgrade seen in the series is only 2 at most and that's with Dragon Force which is with both emotion+elemental boosting. The group that is for the upgrade states that Power of Friendship is literally how FT runs and we've used similar boosts before.

Name one new form Yusuke Urameshi got where he wasn't possessed. He sure didn't get one for his emotion based power up against Younger Toguro.

Yusuke Urameshi new forms include different styles of clothing Cal, we all know this.

How can you, a yu yu hakusho expert not know this? Smh.

(In all seriousness, my boi Yusuke just trains. He dont need no forms.)

Well, i no longer have time for this so, i will just say a last thing.

I am fine with whatever.

@Knight not sure if you noticed, but the speed is accepted in any case as its a separated feat from her AP.

Can we stop using examples from other verses? It reeks too much of false equivalency, especially for something like Undertale.

Either way, what is the basic consensus? We seem split with one side not agreeing with the other and vice versa.

One side believe that Erza indeed got a power-up.

One doesn't.

Both seem to refuse to accept otherwise.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Either way, what is the basic consensus? We seem split with one side not agreeing with the other and vice versa.

One side believe that Erza indeed got a power-up.

One doesn't.

Both seem to refuse to accept otherwise.
I say we cut down the middle

Erza should get

'At Least 7-A, Possibly High 6-C'

It seems like the best of both worlds,

I actually agree with KinkiestSins. I still think it's PIS but I'm willing to accept Possibly High 6-C with emotion boosting as long as its another category or specified.

Here is a count for each side.

For the Upgrade: 12-14 (Me, Matt, Cal, Kin, Blanked, Venom, Kalt?, JB, Ant, Homu, Gar, ZERO, Zack?, Torch)

Against the Upgrade: 5 (Knight, Glass, XING, Muuuuh, BANKLK)

Don't really care as long as it is legit: 4 (Ryu, Dark, Ever, Saikou)

I'm also for the upgrade for the reasons Blanked and Dragon included.

I do think that her High 6-C should be separate from the "strongest armors" version though. Either "Emotion Boosted" or "with Clear Heart Clothing" should do

At the very least if we're gonna do this, it should be noted that it's only through a specific boost + it's only in AP, given that the arguments also relied on the fact that the armor she used was Glass Cannon-y

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back