• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Hundred Year Quest Discussion Thread 4

There is nothing suggesting that parent dragons are different from regular dragons. There is no outlier since there is no ranking here that would make a difference, the only difference known is Igneel being the best of the best. Just like how FT beaten and weakens in Tenrou can tag Acnologia? That is no different in this situation, especially when the Slayers have done nothing, they could not beat a dragon. Actually Natsu would tag Igneel as well since he caught him in mid air

Only igneel was different since he got fire dragon king title, even atlash flame confirmed it

That changes nothing when there are Dragon Slayers as well in both scenarios. Also, that does not change that the dragons Are roughly similar to one another besides Igneel and Acno

Being a Dragon Slayer doesn't mean you ignore the durability of dragons. No one's attacks did any damage to Acno while Zirconis was hurt by Wendy. I'm saying that since the GMG dragons were shown to be comparable to the GMG dragon slayers in speed, the parent dragons were able to move at speeds that shocked DF Tartaros Wendy. That's what shows the massive speed difference between the two groups.

Actually it does, that is the whole point of Dragon Slayer, that is just th Dragons endurance, which is why they are so tough, even Natsu managed to match speed with his father Igneel when he flown straight up to him. Wendy was not shocked by their speed, she just recognized the feeling of Grandeeney

Wait...what? None of the FT characters match the speed of dragons. If that was the case then they one of the DS could had destroyed the Faces with ease instead of the dragons doing it themselves

I never said that DSM makes you as fast as a dragon, just that characters scale to Natsu who managed to catch Igneel.

And that is why Spriggans scale a many of them can react to Natsu, and the characters scale who are around that level.

@BlackeJan there were none of the DS present by the time of activation and even before hand they had no way of stopping them, as proven even destroying the structure was meaningless

Yes, he could have dodged, if he did then he has faster reaction time to do so, if not then Natsu was faster.

That was flight speed though, and Igneel was flying anyway, so yes, either he didn't have the reaction time or Natsu was fast enough to catch Igneel.

Travel speed is on land, not air.

That is what the speed page says anyway

DragonEmperor23 said:
He wasn't flying away, he was hovering still. The distance wasn't large enough for that to be considered Travel Speed.
No, he was flying around battling Acnologia, hovering in one spot is virtually a death sentence in almost any form of air combat

If they were holding onto each other, that would be a different story, but they weren't, they were fighting and flying around changing places

So you are saying he is slower than regular dragons?

Also, for flight, reaction and combat speed is relatively considered equivalent to flight speed based on the speed page

Travel Speed =/= Reaction/Combat Speed

The dragons flying around the country is Travel Speed. Igneel and Acnologia's battle in the sky stayed in the same general area and was Combat Speed. Travel Speed is when characters travel long distances which doesn't scale to Combat Speed which is being able to react to and at things right in front of you or near you. Natsu catching up to Igneel makes sense when Igneel did not move and stood still until Natsu caught up to go because they have comparable Combat Speed.

Travel speed is running on land or some form of means that does not involve flight or teleportation.

Flight speed is the speed at which a character or object flies a certain distance.

As such, we have generally assumed that the characters' regular reaction or combat speeds are roughly equivalent to their flight speeds, unless this is clearly contradicted.

And Igneel has proven that he has the reaction and combat while flying as well against someone who is well above regular dragons

All this is written on the speed page itself, are you contradicting the page?

It's contradicted by Igneel being caught up by Natsu. I don't know if it's correct, but someone calced the Face and got Sub Rel. If that was correct and Igneel did have Sub Rel travel speed, then Natsu being able to react to Acnologia and Igneel fighting would show that his Flight Speed does not scale to his Combat Speed because Natsu is only Massively Hypersonic+. Honestly, I don't see the point of discussing whether or not it's an outlier right now because the calc hasn't even been looked at or remade yet.

Actually, that would not be crazy, as with Natsu able to hit Acnologia during Tenru Island, and Natsu managed to dodge Sting's Light Laser, granted that it does bend but it can be calculated by taking light speed and divide it by the density of the refractive medium is passes through, such as the atmospheric refraction.

If it hasn't been remade yet then why bring it up? Last I checked it was still massively hypersonic which doesn't really make any difference

Hitting someone who isn't trying to dodge isn't hard and Sting's attack being lightspeed was debunked due to not having enough evidence and being mixed in with holy Manipulation.

The previous calc used 200 Faces instead of 3000. Also, you brought up it being an outlier.

Dodging is worthy when someone has the means of bypassing your durability, and Technically his element is white, anything white, that includes white light, I never said it was light speed, just it being light, divided by what medium and would be roughly sub-Rel

I mean, we literally see that none of their attacks do anything to him. Right now it's treated as DS Magic doing extra damage to dragons but it's actually just bypassing dragon's resistance to magic. That doesn't matter for this though as we see that Acnologia is completely unharmed by any attacks on Tenrou, Dragon Slayer or not.Doesn't light move at light speed though?

Mardgeer was able to bend sting roar with his power, but even after bending, the roar goes straight, Later same with larcade magic which was state as light magic with some property of light.

Btw that was dragons flight speed, cause didn't just travel, we can see them destroying all face, as CNBA said that feat is fit in flight speed not in travel speed

There was a thread for actual light but it was swiftly debunked. You could make a new one if you'd like.

Flight Speed can still be different from combat speed.

@Dragon, it still has the effect needed, but it doesn't matter as with what happened with later in the manga with Tartarus Arc. And it says that combat speed can still be part of flight speed

Also I am using the formula to estimate the speed of the laser when divided by the refractive index of the medium it travels into

It says that if the flight speed is shown to be faster, then combat isn't necessarily equal. Depending on what the result of the calc is, something several speed tiers higher would prove that it's not equal since Natsu could react to Igneel and Acnologia fighting.

Okay.

Not sure where you found that but this is what flight speed says word for word:

"The speed at which a character or object flies a certain distance, like going from the earth to the sun for example.

High flight speed logically requires similar reaction speed in order to manoeuvre when approaching different objects.

However, certain franchises, such as Marvel Comics (and DC Comics or Image Comics, which follow the same conventions), make a great distinction between regular movement speed and flight speed.

As such, we have generally assumed that the characters' regular reaction or combat speeds are roughly equivalent to their flight speeds, unless this is clearly contradicted."

CNBA3 said:
As such, we have generally assumed that the characters' regular reaction or combat speeds are roughly equivalent to their flight speeds, unless this is clearly contradicted."
Right there.

Well, I mean, I saw you could finally make pink haired Mii's, and then I saw Toad's outfit and the fire moves, so I just had to

Back