• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Discussion Thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bepo4151 said:
That's not really great foreshadowing. Great foreshadowing is, for example, Kubo showing that Ichigo is half Quincy in the first few chapters because he draw a quincy cross on his bed.
The story honestly looks like it might be similar to RAVE but with y'know......Nakama

^Many details from last arc of rave are taken and used in this arc of FT even the current situation with Acnologia, but he wrote rave's story more in detail and since the number of characters relevant to the story was lower like half of those in FT he did better descriptions and he was able to handle the story easier. One more thing people keep saying nakama thing is bad but they keep supporting things were people use rage to do exact same things as if being angry is more important than fighting for those you love...

I mean I wouldnt have any problem with those moments if they werent mostly one shots, and even then its mostly just been Alvarez that I have a problem with. Others I can enjoy or make sense of like Gray vs Rufus or Wendy vs Ezel

Rave is a great mystery-tragedy hybrid. Its really good because it chose a central idea (that of the Rave War - and the mysteries surrounding it) and stuck with it. As a result, it's an awesome experience to see the missing pieces fall into place one by one. And Hiro can do foreshadowing and reveal better than most - a Great foreshadowing is showing Siegfried's decayed skeleton and later revealing it to be him - trapped 50 years in the past in the middle of a nuclear holocaust. Elle being the girl that the previous Rave Master had fallen in love with is a great reveal. Everything in Rave Master has more weight to it - because Hiro was free enough to set higher stakes and treat even fan-favourite characters the way he wanted to.

I am not attacking the writer - because I know what he's capable of and I am a big fan of his, but it is highly likely that he is surrounded by editors who just won't allow him to write his story the way he wants to. We've seen this everywhere once the writer and his work becomes hugely popular - in Dragon BallZ with the post Frieza part and with Bleach - where TIte Kubo was forced to revive Byakuya. Fairy Tail too had two great central themes - the mystery of the Dragons' disappearance, and the mystery of the one called Zeref but instead of the characters slowly figuring the mystery out, we are treated to what is essentially an exposition dump by Zeref. I think Fairy Tail could have been a lot better if Hiro Mashima had as much freedom to write it as he had while writing Rave.

PS : There is nothing wrong with Nakama Power - every shounen manga does it. It is unfair to pick out and bash only Fairy Tail

Ok. Let's now talk of how Acnologia is gonna get beaten or better his mind will get beaten with who knows what logic, like just the fact next chapter is called magic of hope you can pretty much imagine it and then his bodie will just disappear or something similar since he would no longer be able to control his powers without his human form (mind)...

What I don't understand is why Acnologia bothers with the Second-gen Dragon Slayers at all. They are not true Dragon Slayers after all. Also no way is Acnologia going to get beaten in one chapter

I get the impression that it's less about whether they are "real" dragon slayers and more about just wiping out anything that even remotely relates to the dragons for Acnologia he just seems to want to destroy the dragons legacy and all that relates to it

Hmm, is the current version of Acnologia kinda unusable in battles? He doesn't have a cohesive mind in order to use his power effectively. Anyone that fights him will be fighting a mindless dragon.

So Acnologia now also got space and time magic. I am really more intresting how people outside ravines of time would fight agains Acnologia physical power that was enchanes to the point where he could destroy everything in planet surface just form the single spell, who has space and time magic + magic immunity and they are don't have dragon slayers or Etherias on their side. I know they used Nakama power in the end but I try to thought how exactly..... Could it be rest of the 12 Spriggans try to help? What do your think?

Oh my acnologia got space and time magic.. So kinda like zeref who also got space and time magic but then get nakama punches before he can properly show his magic..

@vergil nothing in the real world would have sense... Like Acnologia can't be damaged in any possibly way even if all 12 spriggans dead ones included helped nothing would change what must happen is that the 7 dragons slayers(pis) beat his mind and then whatever happens to the body.

^even Hiro wouldn't make that happen like not even lost iced she'll can do a thing to that dude, actually as long as it's magic it doesn't matter what it does it's worthless...

Hiro wouldn't do it? Lol watch him :)

Besides, what if Lucy pulls some crazy shit from that book? A new power or something?

I'll be surprised if Acnologia gets taken out within 2 chapters after this chapter. Give him 4 chapters at best to maintain his shine

@Aizen

Nah I'm not angry (Because I read FT for free and even if I do angry it is probably due to ignorant fans), Instead I just facepalm myself a lot of times, and also admin on FT wiki and users on FT forum in my home country(kaskus) will usually make a good jokes about these chapters.

And fun facts, on my home country Bleach thread is once the most fun thread to follow due Kubo Plotkai.

^i wonder how can that happen they all attacked at the same time but he reacted so fast their attack didn't even start lol.

He tanked their attacks with a single finger -.-

So the plan to beat dragon Acnologia is to use a boat and make him get the motion sickness for a second and then seal him with fairy sphere...

I cannot stop laught lol. How stupid was this plan actually (well it's Lucy after all). Their lose on plan to seal Acnologia inside Ravines of Time. And now they wanted to seal him inside much weaker thing that was also magic. Acno now beyound time and space. Fairy Sphere shouldn't completly work on him.

Also Dragon Cry staff was mention by Erza as weapon that could defeat Acnologia but it was destroy. So as said already second movie is canon.

^its not stupid you see the fairy sphere seals time which means that if he is caught in without able to react on it he is done for since he is not immune on magic but simply absorbs it and he can't absorb if he is frozen in time and in fact using his only weakness on him is a genius plan the only problem could be the fact that after absorbing time magic he may be able to control it something Lucy has no idea about cause she has no idea that Acnologia ate ravines of time... So don't go post bs comments insulting a character without any reason.

The fact that dragon cry was mentioned also means Natsu should be able to use his dragon-End from like in the movie

I don't think it was connection with END. It simple half-dragon form. Yeah END was mention by Dragon but when he first time see that form he said that Natsu also Dragon. Also END book now destroy and I already gave up with hoping to see END. But I cleary understand END it's most logical way to defeat Acno since he use curses not magic. That is Natsu DS magic in END form became DS Curse. It was really something.

^the only problem is Natsu in that form barely beat that dragon while... Well I don't wanna spoiler anymore but I suppose you know what I am referring to.

^well, it's not like they have anything else I mean they are using an entire army to fight him but they know they can't do a thing...

Acnologia>>>rest of FT verse.

What's there to worry about though? He will obvisouly be defeated by a Natsu that has eaten everyone magic power for the ultimate Dragon Slayer Roar.

^the exact problem is there that roar would anyway be magic which means it shouldn't do anything to Acnologia not to mention 7 of them on their current state having enough power even combined to overpower Acnologia is not very legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back