• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Discussion Thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean I'm just reading the last few chapters to see how it ends and I'm angry just reading it. I cant imagine how the fans must feel. Actually I can relate reading Bleachs shit ending but I feel like this is on another level with the friendship bs. And the characters dying and end up not being dead.

@Roy I think you nailed it. Lmao.

You know despite all the aspulls and bs that has happened, i never really got angry cause i expected it, but these last few chapters have been pissing me off, it's been on another level.

Celestial Pegasus said:
You know despite all the aspulls and bs that has happened, i never really got angry cause i expected it, but these last few chapters have been pissing me off, it's been on another level.
This is exactly how I feel.

LordAizenSama said:
I have a honest question to those who like this series. How do you read this manga and NOT get angry?
Why would I get angry when reading the manga?

I like Fairy Tail because of it's great characters, because of it's stellar soundtrack, because of the fun adventures, because of the characters with cool abilities, because of it's good voice acting.

I watch Fairy Tail because I like the message it conveys about friendship and love, because they defeat anything. To some people this is like some cliche shit, but not to me. I was orphaned when I was 16 years old and I wasn't exactly the poster girl for good behaviour at that time. I am where I am today because of a loving couple and loving friends.

Every thing has it's flaws, nothing is perfect. Do you stop loving a person because of his/her flaws, do you stop playing a game because it glitches every now and then, do you stop reading a book when some of it's pages are missing? I don't know what you answer to these is, but for me it's a "No". When I look back, in the grand scheme of things, I don't see the series' flaws. I see a great journey and an amazing ride with ocassional bumps.

So yes, this is why I like Fairy Tail.

Angry? No. Sad and disappointed? Yes. Honestly I kinda feel that FT's biggest downfall is it's a shounen, personally for me some of the best chapters have almost nothing to do with fighting, they're just simple character interactions (and the characters are FT's greatest strength) the fights while I guess the fights appeal to ppl (when done right) but the series does better without it

LlamaGod1411 said:
Not much to be angry about, Lol.
Errr.... ok.

@Boomeyang id be pissed if a series I followed was as bad as FT is right now. The author has no respect for his own verse and would make me feel as though I have wasted my time.

Well, if you're an FT reader, shouldn't be a problem lol. This has happened enough already, not too much to react to, honestly. Other than Makarov somehow being ressed thrice with immortals dying on their first try lol.

Exactly what I wanted to say Yang. People take this anime (and others) waay to seriously and like to be the "critic". And at this point, they are just waiting to jump at the next mistake.

It's sad really that people that don't like this anime continue watching it either way, claiming the overly repeated and senseless arguments "I just want to see how it ends" or "I have read this far, might as well finnish it". You're doing nothing but getting youself bitter and inviting negativity in your life. If you don't like it, don't watch it, it's simple and everyone has the power of choice.

It funnily reminds me of those radical feminists. The idea that you participate in something that you don't enjoy and quite literally expect yourself to be angered/annoyed/offended is illogical and will continue to baffle me.

Do you think I watch this anime or any other Shonen shit for that matter, because of it's "deep plot and philosophical and existencial questions" it raises? No, I watch it because it's mindless fun with good characters and good humour. If people stop over analyzing simple things, this answer would be more clear.

If I wanted a "deep plot" I'd go read a good book instead of overanalyzing crap made to amuse people.

LordAizenSama said:
@Boomeyang id be pissed if a series I followed was as bad as FT is right now. The author has no respect for his own verse and would make me feel as though I have wasted my time.
"Right now"? Dude, you've been saying FT is bad for a long time now, yet you apparently continue to read it. Why? The only two reasons I can think of are either you are in some sort of abusive relationship with this series and enjoy being let down or you just read it for the sake of critizing it and ******** on it. Both of which are pretty sad.

I told you why above. I dropped FT some time ago but I just wanted to check out the few remaining as I said above.

You're right though, Fairy tail has been bad for a long time since before this arc. I was trying not to be overly critical by saying " omg its so bad even worse than it was before" but there you go you know now.

I actually read it for the lulz, but the point is it actually makes me angry reading it when im reading it for the laughs is a feat in of itself. Hence why I can't imagine how proper fans felt.

Apparently some can relate and some just try not to think about the plot. Or pretend its not there to make it readable without doing their heads in.

Thebluedash said:
Fairy Tail reminds me of Saint Seiya, with all the battles ending with using the power of the COSMOS, or in this case friendship.
In this case COSMOS is an in universe power. Friendship is just... friendshit.

Wow, from ******** on FT, we go to ******** on SS. Aren't you guys the most positive people I've seen? Zensum, you got some problems man.

Well I don't hate FT or SS, it's just that I don't really understand why people like it, well in SS's case it's because it's in Portuguese.

Oh well, whatever, my bad I guess.

Now can we actually leave this discussion thread to fans of the series? Because everytime a chapter gets posted, there are more people ******** on it than people discussing it. Yes, we get it you don't like FT and I respect that, but can people who actually like the series have a discussion without people critizing it?

I'm inclined to agree with Scarlet, recently every time I come on this thread I either leave upset, straight up angry... or cackling like a mad man cuz I love dropping pics of the most handsome man Ichiya

Discussion is a broad general term, it doesn't have to be a "good" discussion based on people who like the series. It's more the series fault if there' haters discussing it. Look at the DBS thread for example, there are some hate so I mean we can't really give FT discussion threads special service.

Err it's called a discussion thread so anyone can discuss stuff being good or bad. In this case it's mostly bad.

Just look at DBZ one. People critize in that all the time yet are not asked to leave. So why should this one be any different? (Not that I know of)

While criticism is fair, there at least should be some caution when the ppl discussing start becoming... is malicious a good word here? Towards each other (and I'm speaking in general here not specifically to the "haters")

Repeating the same argument "shit friendship" over and over again is not exactly discussing anything. I'm not seeing anyone discuss the other events of the manga, all I'm seeing is "lol friendship". And that starts to get annoying. And what Zensum is doing is bashing the series for no reason. How is this contructive at all ?

Maybe I should start a thread only for the fans. Because any general interest of the series here is drowned out by critics.

@Scarlet, I'm with you in the entire "Dont act a critic" part, but ******** on the new chapters is pretty much a part of a "Discussions" thread. And with a series like FT, people will tend to do it more.

Anyways, way OT, I think everyone should just drop this.

Huh ... Looks like it actually turned into a serious discussion - so I'd like to add a serious answer as well. Why do I keep reading Fairy Tail ?

The art is good.

The shipping is VERY solid. Which is a rarity in Shounen manga. Most other big titles end up as a confused mess in that particular field - but not Fairy Tail. The pairings were established years ago and have been developed very well

Acnologia and Zeref are good antagonists.

The weakest parts of Fary Tail are the battles and the world building.

Fairy tail has a great story the hype Hiro builds up in his chapters are incredibly. Do I even have to start with Natsu and end thing? Or Acnologia's simple apperenace or White dragneel or queen of dragons or Zeref being Natsus brother?

Like really the storie is amazing Hiro makes a mistake with battles and fake deaths but if you judge a story by only bad things that happen in it then you are just wasting your time and if you have a bit of brain you don't go go around talking bs or saying how someone is dumb cause they like something you don't cause you are not capable of appreciating good stuff but concentrate yourself on bad aspects cause if we gonna go by that I can go around and talk bs about every anime every game and anything ever made in this world.

And if DBZ discusion is full of s*** ft discusion doesnt need it cause until some of you arrived here we discussed without any problems talking and joking on bad things but apprecating all the good stuff and there Is a lot of good things about ft whether you like it or not.

Uhm no. The story is not great or even very good. There is no central objective. There is very little foreshadowing - most past characters are one-off and rarely, if ever, appear in the story again and Hiro often builds up a massive amount of hype and then fails to deliver on it, and finally, there are no dramatic stakes. I wouldn't say that Fairy Tail is all bad - because it has good characters and good character development, but definitely not a good storyline

^just because you don't like the way it's written and don't think its good doesn't mean I won't like and think it's not a great story line cause you decide for you self and no one else which was my point in last post...

Oh and no foreshadowing? That you see is bs comment, since Hiro didn't foreshadow "everything" it means bad writing like please that is just sad. A great example of foreshadowing going not far away is August being Zeref and Mavis's son lik no one could of even imagined the story of August and Larcade even thou it was obvious Larcade could have not been Zeref's son due to his age appearance.

That's not really great foreshadowing. Great foreshadowing is, for example, Kubo showing that Ichigo is half Quincy in the first few chapters because he draw a quincy cross on his bed.

Bepo4151 said:
That's not really great foreshadowing. Great foreshadowing is, for example, Kubo showing that Ichigo is half Quincy in the first few chapters because he draw a quincy cross on his bed.
That's not good foreshadowing cause it's pretty obvious especially if you read the entire bleach story before that moment, foreshadowing should leave you stunned when you find out the truth... But I agree with banlk it's getting annoying to discus it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back