• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Discussion Thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh I don't know why I even tried to prevent this, sometimes I get the impression U lot just meet here to bait and snap at each other.

That aside what does anyone make of he fact that Acmologia directly refers to events o significance in Dragon Cry?

Davidsteel1 said:
That aside what does anyone make of he fact that Acmologia directly refers to events o significance in Dragon Cry?
The fact that the movie is canon maybe? I haven't seen the movie yet mind you.

BoomeYang wrote
Ah yes, hiding your thinly veiled insults behind humor now are we?

Chillout Dawg, get in touch with your spiritual side or some shit like that!

Guys as discussed a couple weeks back, we allow positive and negative discussions on this thread. If you guys are looking for a pure positive discussion of Fairy Tail, we have a safe haven thread of sorts for that, don't we?

The fact that the movie is canon maybe? I haven't seen the movie yet mind you.

Err, jve seen multiple sources say its not canon. Why are you saying it is?

LordAizenSama said:
Chillout Dawg, get in touch with your spiritual side or some shit like that!
I am chill "Dawg". If I get too much in touch with my spiritual side, I'll transced to a higher condescending being like you. And I don't want that.

BoomeYang said:
I am chill "Dawg". If I get too much in touch with my spiritual side, I'll transced to a higher condescending being like you. And I don't want that.
Just like it says in the book, we are blessed and cursed.

@Lord Aizen the movie is canon because it was mentioned in the manga as well plus the storie has perfect chronological sense with Hiro being the executive producer of the movie in fact the movie ends with Zeref confirming the upcoming war.

So if Natsu one shots Acnologia with a sneeze and we have to appreciate that nonsense too? Limiting negative opinion is very authoritarian and pretending everything is good is delusional. Difference of opinion makes a discussion.

Joseph619 said:
So if Natsu one shots Acnologia with a sneeze and we have to appreciate that nonsense too?
Are we resorting in strawman arguments now?

@Aizen As said, the movie is mentioned in the manga.

ScarletFirefly said:
Are we resorting in strawman arguments now?
No, I don't understand why people get agitated even by simple disagreements. However this is not a big issue so it's no problem

@Aizen I never said it was Canon. I've also seen a few o those sources staying it isnt Canon and I've also seen a few saying the opposite, that's Y I brought up Acno refering to event that occured or at least hold significance in the movie I'm confused and I'm asking if anyone has an answer.

@Knight I haven't seen it mysel unfortunately, just spoilers and clips here and there

Is Cin even around anymore? I haven't seen him in ages. I'll go and make a Doffy vs thread. That will probably get his attention.

Thebluedash said:
Dunno, I don't follow one piece thread. Cin scares me.
Cin is a pretty chill guy though, I have never seen him getting angry and he's nice to people even if you dislike One Piece

It's kinda interesting how One Piece has so little support in this site, despite being the most popular Shonen.

@Knight for the movie if you don't mind fan service than its worth watching. (Mostly for battle scenes thou cause the plot is not much diffrent from the first movie).

WilliamShadow said:
@Scarlet cause most of one piece popularity comes from Japan.
While that is true, I've seen tons of supporters of One Piece in sites like Comic Vine. Different sites attract different kinds of people I guess.

One Piece isn't very popular in western countries, especially english speaking ones. And the fans are much less interested in vs fights compared to Bleach, Naruto or Fairy Tail

Joseph619 said:
One Piece isn't very popular in western countries, especially english speaking ones.
Interesting you say that. On almost every forum I've been (not versus ones), the One Piece praise is through the roof. They regard it as a manga with godlike plot, characters etc and and shit on every Shonen that isn't it. Also it has a pretty high rating on MAL.

One Piece is my favorite verse ever probably, but it doesn't mean I want to debate about it all the time.

-BANLK- said:
Kinda late to ask but what are you guys fav ships in FT?
Asking the important questions this guy

My personal fav? Jellal and Erza (to Williams chagrin) an Natsu and Lucy I truly like these 2. Though frankly i love every FT ship

Thebluedash said:
One Piece is my favorite verse ever probably, but it doesn't mean I want to debate about it all the time.
I like the world OP has built, it's light hearted and funny, just like FT, but the art design is really something that prevents me from truly enjoying it. It's too whacky for lack of a better word.

ScarletFirefly said:
Interesting you say that. On almost every forum I've been (not versus ones), the One Piece praise is through the roof. They regard it as a manga with godlike plot, characters etc and and shit on every Shonen that isn't it. Also it has a pretty high rating on MAL.
I know it's praised but compared to how big it is in Japan, where it dwarves Dragon Ball in popualirty, it's very less discussed outside Japan. All my friends in real life who follow anime have watched Naruto, but less than quarter have watched One Piece. One Piece manga sales are also much less than AoT, Tokyo Ghoul, OPM and Naruto in western countries.

I also had less success getting people to follow One Piece, the slow beginning of the show doesn't help.

Joseph619 said:
I also had less success getting people to follow One Piece, the slow beginning of the show doesn't help.
Really? I kinda liked the beginning. For me the slowest start was Bleach by a lage margin. It didn't get remotely interesting until they went to save Rukia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back