• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Discussion Thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
-BANLK- said:
Does anyone here know Tomogaro?
No what's that?

@William u forget, Kagura also took Jellals first kiss too, so the way I see it either its JellalxErza or the world's most colourful 3way

I think that saying One Piece derives it's popularity mainly from it's Japanese audience (which is technically true) is kind of misleading - because it obscures exactly how popular One PIece is Japan. One Piece is in fact, the third largest selling comic-book of all time (after Batman and Superman) and it is already catching up to them in less than a quarter of the time those two have been around.

PS : my favorite FT ships are GajeelxLevy, EvergreenxElfman and YukinoxSting

Batman and Superman would probably sell even more if it wasn't for all the PC bullshit. And the golden age of comics is long gone, now they are just barely surviving, while manga is still hugely popular in Japan.

Actually DC is not as much into Identity politics BS as Marvel. And even if it were the case - it is a fairly recent phenomena. Superman and Batman started out way before even World War 2

@Roy it's not misleading at all just look at the sales in Japan and then take all the years that manga is running then look at the worldwide sales and you will get like 50%(less but you got the point.) only for Japan sales. Of course it's the most popular manga in the world but the most of the sales does come from Japan and in western countries is definetly below things like Naruto.

Well, since Happy had his usual troll laugh while saying "Natsu you have something to say?" I believe just friendship is long gone.

Okay, so when Natsu gets the power of 7 dragon slayers he also gets some black looking magic around him which I suppose is the power of curse but I don't see how could that be possible unless Zeref did something before dying lol. Plus how powerful is Natsu with power of 7 dragon slayers lol

And lemme guess, it will be impossible to scale Natsu's powerup because he will definetly not show any "outstanding" feats, because Hiro clearly can't make those anymore. And the only person we will be able to scale from is Acnologia, who "what a surprise" doesn't have the right tier too.

Oh well, I guess if Natsu defeats Human Acno he will get "at least 6-C" because human acno is "At least 6-C" (even though he should be somewhere around High 6-C if not more).

Sorry for my rambling :/

This Acnologia is much more powerful than before and the fact 7 people have to unite their power I am pretty sure this Acnologia is at large island as well.

So the reason why Acno hates dragons is revenge huh..... And wasn't more of his backstory supposed to be in Dragon Cry? I need to see that movie when it comes out in my country

Acnologia's backstory is so anti-climatic and just... dumb.

"Oh, a dragon killed my family so I am going to commit genocide against all dragons and dragon slayers."

Seriously? The idea of that he started out fine and was corrupted by the power is much better than that. Who goes out commits genocide because they lose their family? Let's say, a Japanese man murders my family. That doesn't mean I'm going to go out, nuke Japan and track down every person with Japanese blood in the world, gleefully grinning while I murder them.

That's basically Acnologia's story now. His family was killed and now he has spent the past four hundred years commiting genocide with sadistic pleasure. That is the weakest reason given for a villain's actions in this story. Especially when you think about all of the other characters who had more effed up backgrounds and didn't act near as bad.

Not really, of all the villains in FT he undoubtedly has the most simple and direct backstory but he's quite obviously the character who has had the most impact barring Zeref, I get the impression that's meant to be the point. Through the series he's been set up as the ultimate foil for Zeref, literally the opposite in every way from their characters to their goals and now their backstories. And the power corrupts thing is still there; he started off hating dragons and but now does the exact same thing they did. Maybe I'm reading into it a bit much but that's just my impression

His entier familiy got killed and for years he watched Dragons kill humans, his reasons are more than justified as he never saw a good dragon in the first place. And of course with years the power corrupted him but he is still humanities biggest hero since no one killed as many evil dragons as he did and without him who knows what would of happened.

And really what's the difference between him and Zeref? Zeref literally refused to accept the death of his family and was given power he didn't want to make it happen screwing the world over in the process. Acnologia was in a similar situation, but the difference with him is that he had the power to do whatever the hell he wanted and accepted it. Frankly at least giving him a clear backstory gives more dimensions to his character, the whole "unstoppable force of nature thing" is cool and all but ultimately uninteresting imo

Yea, I kinda like how Zeref and Acnologia parallel each other. Both of them have been "cursed"(Zeref with the curse of contradiction and Acno with being a dragon), and each of them took different paths. Zeref tried rejecting his power, while Acno accepted it and let it corrupt him. Zeref had good causes to the very end, even if he did... evil stuff.

And Acno also has good reasons for what he is doing, but I would say that it's just his excuse now. He's clearly evil and doing as he sees "righteous" stuff by being as cruel as the evil dragons he hate. Which is also partly a result of power corrupting him.

So I actually like that Acno has his reasons and backstory. I have to say though, it's sad that it won't be explored too much because of how rushed the ending is going to be. I just hope the fight in 544 is good, it doesn't have to be logical, just don't make it a one shot.

For next chapter battle Acnologia will probably block first assault than go rage mode overpowering Natsu and then Natsu will remember his friends and take Acnologia down with ultimate nakama punch. Of course this is a prediction for FT standards something diffrent could easily happen.

@VidiaPhoenix Back then, Dragons murdering people's families and entire cities(which is what happened to Acnologia) was a popular thing back then. They thought of humans as lowly creatures and food. Acnologia wanting revenge because his family got eaten by dragons and his city got raided by some is just like Eren wanting to kill every Titan because his mother got eaten and his city got raided by Titans. He evens transforms into a Dragon(like Eren transforming into a Titan). This is also like how Gray wanted revenge against the Etherious because Deliora destroyed his village and killed his parents, and his demon slaying magic was going to take over him if Erza didn't stop his fight with Natsu.

Irene stated when we learned about her backstory that some Dragon Slayers got too overwhelemd because of the immense power and go on a rampage. Something similar most likely happened to Acnologia, combined with him seeing Sonya almost die(she survived but he doesn't know). Sonya was shown in Dragon Cry for part of his backstory, and brought up in this chapter as well.

VidiaPhoenix said:
Who goes out commits genocide because they lose their family?
cough Sasuke cough

cough
Obito cough

cough
Nagato cough

I could say more but I'll probably cough my lungs out in the process.

Legit comment on several YouTube channels by several diffrent persons. "Natsu beating Acnologia with power of 7 dragon slayers is BS because God Serena had 8 elements and he got one shot"

just when you think humanity has reached the max amount of stupidity, they decide to copy Aizen and transcend to another level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back